Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1501  
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default

Just to tell all that Egon said he will probably be making his decision next week regarding his new place of residence.

On another note, my cousin Steve, chatted with me online this morning for quite some time. He's back again!! He is calling me Thur or Friday. Thanks for all the prayers. They really, truly worked.
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #1502  
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
boopsahoy's Avatar
boopsahoy boopsahoy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 1,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
Just to tell all that Egon said he will probably be making his decision next week regarding his new place of residence.

On another note, my cousin Steve, chatted with me online this morning for quite some time. He's back again!! He is calling me Thur or Friday. Thanks for all the prayers. They really, truly worked.
So happy to hear that Steve is feeling better!
__________________












Plus 2 cruises on RCCL and 12 more on NCL-I cant remember which ships!


Reply With Quote

  #1503  
Old October 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
3dogsrule's Avatar
3dogsrule 3dogsrule is online now
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central AR
Posts: 1,356
Default

Aww man, it hurts my heart to hear Egon 'talk', sounds like he really, really wants to go to Switzerland, but it's such a tough battle to make it come together. Wish I could help him. I'll say a prayer, that's about all I can do.

And yes, those prayers are pretty powerful...yay Pat! So glad your Steve is doing so well! Do the doctors expect any longterm effects? I'm kinda expecting to hear how he'll be training for the next triathalon before too long.

Karen
Reply With Quote

  #1504  
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogsrule View Post
Aww man, it hurts my heart to hear Egon 'talk', sounds like he really, really wants to go to Switzerland, but it's such a tough battle to make it come together. Wish I could help him. I'll say a prayer, that's about all I can do.

And yes, those prayers are pretty powerful...yay Pat! So glad your Steve is doing so well! Do the doctors expect any longterm effects? I'm kinda expecting to hear how he'll be training for the next triathalon before too long.

Karen
Longterm effects may be slight, but not much. They (his loads of friends) are having a fund raising bike night next Wednesday to help with medical bills, etc. He also told me he wants to be the poster boy for bikes and helmets. He told me they still don't know who was at fault. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that since they were the only two on the road.
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

  #1505  
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Red State Sam Red State Sam is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 50
Default

Hope you have a wonderful holiday Egon! We're all still praying for your full recovery. Hope it warms your heart to know how many people are pulling for you.
Reply With Quote

  #1506  
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Mike981's Avatar
Mike981 Mike981 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red State Sam View Post
Hope you have a wonderful holiday Egon! We're all still praying for your full recovery. Hope it warms your heart to know how many people are pulling for you.
Here-here
Reply With Quote

  #1507  
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM
CAC104's Avatar
CAC104 CAC104 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: MD+ FL
Posts: 9,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
I am back from my cruise and am letting Just4You take over if that's okay. I will let Egon know as well.
I am glad that this was just a mix up and you haven't left us. When I first read this I was afraid that something bad had happened to you and you weren't going to be able to spend the time anymore.

I receive all the fun e mails that Egon sends out, but not the personal notes, so it is nice to be able to keep up with what is happening to him here.

This is the first time I have been on this thread in a long time. My DH is having a lot of problems and will need a lung transplant soon. Tomorrow I have to take him to the hospital for a heart catherization. If he passes that, then he is given another test to go through. There is a whole list of what has to check out before you can be put on a transplant list. It doesn't look like I will be going down to stay in my Florida house this winter, and will be doing a lot of hospital visits
__________________
cool:Carol KC
Charter Member MFPPP - 2006
MOS/WGIG #104




Friend of Henry





NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14
Reply With Quote

  #1508  
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:29 PM
CaliforniaDreamer's Avatar
CaliforniaDreamer CaliforniaDreamer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC104 View Post
I am glad that this was just a mix up and you haven't left us. When I first read this I was afraid that something bad had happened to you and you weren't going to be able to spend the time anymore.

I receive all the fun e mails that Egon sends out, but not the personal notes, so it is nice to be able to keep up with what is happening to him here.

This is the first time I have been on this thread in a long time. My DH is having a lot of problems and will need a lung transplant soon. Tomorrow I have to take him to the hospital for a heart catherization. If he passes that, then he is given another test to go through. There is a whole list of what has to check out before you can be put on a transplant list. It doesn't look like I will be going down to stay in my Florida house this winter, and will be doing a lot of hospital visits
Um. There were a couple of posts that were deleted ( for just cause) and i believe both Just For You and Yellowbird 23 have both left this thread.

Sorry to say.
__________________
May 1990 Unknown-Baja Mexico
March 2005 NCL Star Mexican Riviera (8 day intinerary)
May 2005 NCL Star Alaska
January 2006 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera
September 2006 NCL Wind Hawaii
March 2007 Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera
November 2007 Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera
September 2008 NCL Sun Alaska Repo S.F.
November 2008 Carnival Valor Western Caribbean
January 2009 Carnival Liberty East. Caribbean
May 2009 Carnival Paradise Catalina Island
September 2009 RCI Mariner of the Seas Mexican Riviera
October 2009 RCI Radiance of the Seas Cabo
April 2010 NCL Pearl Pacific Coastal/British Columbia
October 2010 NCL EPIC Western Caribbean
November 2010 NCL Star One Night Cruise to Nowhere
Reply With Quote

  #1509  
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:23 AM
ThursdaysChild's Avatar
ThursdaysChild ThursdaysChild is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Um. There were a couple of posts that were deleted ( for just cause) and i believe both Just For You and Yellowbird 23 have both left this thread.

Sorry to say.
\
What??? What happened in 6 days? How do you know this?
__________________


Liesa

"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; To travel is to live." - Hans Christian Andersen



Cunard QE2-1980-Transatlantic
K-D Line Deutschland-1980-Rhine Cruise
Royal Viking Line-1986-Alaska
RCCL-various-1999, 2001, 2002-Caribbean
CostaAtlantica-2000-Caribbean
Celebrity Solstice-10/30/2009-Eastern Med
Celebrity Eclipse-2/5/2011-Western Caribbean
Celebrity Silhouette-11/4/2011-Pre-Inaugural 2-day
Celebrity Silhouette-4/22/2012-Transatlantic to Rome
Celebrity Summit-9/2/2012-Bayonne to Bermuda RT
Celebrity Summit-10/20/2012-Bayonne to San Juan
Celebrity Reflection-11/18/2012-Inaugural Transatlantic
Celebrity Sihouette-5/11/2013-Venice, Adriatic & Croatia
Celebrity Infinity-08/16/2013-Norwegian Fjords
Celebrity Infinity-11/22/2013-Panama Canal Eastbound
Celebrity Solstice-4/11/2014-Sydney to Hawaii, Transpacific b2b
Celebrity Solstice-4/28/2014-Hawaii to Vancouver, B.C., Transpacific b2b
Celebrity Equinox-10/27/2014-Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale
Reply With Quote

  #1510  
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThursdaysChild View Post
\
What??? What happened in 6 days? How do you know this?
I would also like to know where you got this information!
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

  #1511  
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:42 PM
CaliforniaDreamer's Avatar
CaliforniaDreamer CaliforniaDreamer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
I would also like to know where you got this information!
So, you changed your mind. Glad you decided to stay.

I am on email subscription so whatever gets deleted i still have access to.
__________________
May 1990 Unknown-Baja Mexico
March 2005 NCL Star Mexican Riviera (8 day intinerary)
May 2005 NCL Star Alaska
January 2006 Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera
September 2006 NCL Wind Hawaii
March 2007 Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera
November 2007 Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera
September 2008 NCL Sun Alaska Repo S.F.
November 2008 Carnival Valor Western Caribbean
January 2009 Carnival Liberty East. Caribbean
May 2009 Carnival Paradise Catalina Island
September 2009 RCI Mariner of the Seas Mexican Riviera
October 2009 RCI Radiance of the Seas Cabo
April 2010 NCL Pearl Pacific Coastal/British Columbia
October 2010 NCL EPIC Western Caribbean
November 2010 NCL Star One Night Cruise to Nowhere
Reply With Quote

  #1512  
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
phantomII's Avatar
phantomII phantomII is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crestview, in the panhandle of Florida
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
So, you changed your mind. Glad you decided to stay.

I am on email subscription so whatever gets deleted i still have access to.
I am sure most of us are on email subscriptions for subscribed threads and I fail to see what posts were deleted. Maybe I just missed something or never got the email notification.
__________________
Dan,

NCL Blue Dot Supporter

Caribbean Princess, Western Caribbean, Nov 2013
NCL Norwegian Star, Western Caribbean, Jan 2013
Coral Princess, Panama Canal, Nov 2012
NCL Dawn, Southern Caribbean, Jan 2012
RCI Mariner of the Seas, Caribbean, Nov 2011
NCL Spirit, Caribbean - Feb 2011
Emerald Princess - Southern Caribbean, Dec 2010
RCI Voyager of the Seas, Caribbean, Jan 2010
NCL Pearl, Alaska, August 2009
NCL Spirit, Caribbean, March 2009
Reply With Quote

  #1513  
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default

Taking a long road trip tomorrow by myself so won't be on the Internet for quite a few days. Time for me to recoup.
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

  #1514  
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
CAC104's Avatar
CAC104 CAC104 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: MD+ FL
Posts: 9,113
Default

Gosh....I hope nothing bad has happened to cause hard feelings somewhere here, and I can't imagine what would cause these great people to just drop off.

Things went well for us today. No heart problems at all
__________________
cool:Carol KC
Charter Member MFPPP - 2006
MOS/WGIG #104




Friend of Henry





NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14
Reply With Quote

  #1515  
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC104 View Post
Gosh....I hope nothing bad has happened to cause hard feelings somewhere here, and I can't imagine what would cause these great people to just drop off.

Things went well for us today. No heart problems at all
So so glad to hear that. The older we get, the scarier it gets, doesn't it? The changes in our Medicare supplemental plan goes up after the first of the year, so we're hunting for a new one. Jeesh! Enjoy your week all!
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

  #1516  
Old October 22nd, 2012, 11:54 PM
Velvet Teddy Bear's Avatar
Velvet Teddy Bear Velvet Teddy Bear is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: sandia, texas, usa
Posts: 1,201
Default

HI FOLKS....Well, its has been over a week since we were told that EGON would be making his plans....heard nothing,......this can be good...or bad...
hope we hear something soon.....would hate to loose track of him...hope nothing has happened...


jus' me......jim.....the velvet teddy bear....
__________________
jb
Reply With Quote

  #1517  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
boopsahoy's Avatar
boopsahoy boopsahoy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 1,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Teddy Bear View Post
HI FOLKS....Well, its has been over a week since we were told that EGON would be making his plans....heard nothing,......this can be good...or bad...
hope we hear something soon.....would hate to loose track of him...hope nothing has happened...


jus' me......jim.....the velvet teddy bear....
Im worried too! Hope all is well with him
__________________












Plus 2 cruises on RCCL and 12 more on NCL-I cant remember which ships!


Reply With Quote

  #1518  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
CAC104's Avatar
CAC104 CAC104 is offline
5,000+ Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: MD+ FL
Posts: 9,113
Default

I am on Egon's list to send jokes and funny e mails to, but I do not receive personal notes from him. I can tell you that the jokes are coming regularly every day so I know he is up and on his computer.
__________________
cool:Carol KC
Charter Member MFPPP - 2006
MOS/WGIG #104




Friend of Henry





NCL Leeward to Canada,RCL Song of America to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Eastern Caribbean,HAL Statendam to Southern Carribbean,NCL Norweigan Crown to Bermuda,HAL Veendam to Western Caribbean,NCL Wind to Alaska,Orient Lines Orient Crown to Mediterranean,NCL Sky to Alaska,Celebrity Zenith to Caribbean,HAL Noordam to Exotic Caribbean,Celebrity Galaxy B2B Baltimore to Galveston, Sun Princess to Caribbean Oct 29,05, RCL Jewel of the Seas Transatlantic Apr.30,06, Carnival Liberty Mediterranean Oct, 06RCL Radiance of the Seas Circle Hawaii Sept 28,2007, Mustard of the Seas F2F Chicago July 25,2008,Monarch of the Seas, LA to Mex. Sept. 8, 2008, Celebrity Constellation, Repo NJ to FL Oct 30, 2008,
RCI Enchantment of the Seas, Colon Panama to Ft. Lauderdale, April 19, 2009Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 14th, 2009
Radiance of the Seas, Mexican Riviera, Feb.12, 2010
Emerald Princess, Southern Caribbean, Oct. 29, 2010
Majesty of the Seas, Dec. 12, 2011, bahamas
Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda, Oct.2013
Celebrity Century to the Caribbean, 2/15/14-2/23/14
Reply With Quote

  #1519  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Nanny5's Avatar
Nanny5 Nanny5 is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,319
Default Newest update

Dearest Patty
I am making progress, slowly. I am probably going into a nice Assisted Living Facility here called Marina Point Village where I have a two room 750 Sqft apartment, full kitchen and a balcony overlooking the lake. While I plan to make breakfast and lunch, I will go down to the restaurant for Dinner, and use all the facilities there. This after I will have a second Cystoscopy Nov 15. I have a "High/grade urothelial Cell Carcinoma" but do not plan on doing anything about it. Long range plans, so God will, on April 20 2013 a Transatlantic sailing Florida-England on ... "Poesia"!
Love - Egon
__________________
Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got. — Robert Brault
Reply With Quote

  #1520  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
boopsahoy's Avatar
boopsahoy boopsahoy is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 1,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird23 View Post
Dearest Patty
I am making progress, slowly. I am probably going into a nice Assisted Living Facility here called Marina Point Village where I have a two room 750 Sqft apartment, full kitchen and a balcony overlooking the lake. While I plan to make breakfast and lunch, I will go down to the restaurant for Dinner, and use all the facilities there. This after I will have a second Cystoscopy Nov 15. I have a "High/grade urothelial Cell Carcinoma" but do not plan on doing anything about it. Long range plans, so God will, on April 20 2013 a Transatlantic sailing Florida-England on ... "Poesia"!
Love - Egon
Sounds really nice! Glad hes planning another cruise!
__________________












Plus 2 cruises on RCCL and 12 more on NCL-I cant remember which ships!


Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.