Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Africa & Middle East

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old October 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Day trip to Jerusalem from Sharm El Sheikh during precruise stay

Hi Everyone,
Ive been told this is the best place to post this so hopefully somebody here will be able help.
My friend and i visited Israel last year via a cruise and we would love the chance to go back. We're doing another cruise next month with a precruise stay in Sharm and have seen that theres a day excursion offered to Jerusalem.
The issue with this is that we're worried our passports will be stamped -opposed to the landing card that the ships use- when we cross the border. Since we both travel alot and have time left on our passports, this is something we want to avoid.
If anyone has any first hand knowledge of how it works we would love some advice
Thanks

Old October 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
10,000+ Club

I answered your post on the other board, but in short -- you can request that they not stamp your passport and it won't be a problem. They will give you a separate piece of paper with a stamp and you need to keep it with your passport as you will probably be asked to show it when you exit the country.

(My experience was in 2011, arriving in Israel by air, and also returning to Israel after visiting Jordan on same trip.)