Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers > G&L Roll Calls

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

G&L Roll Calls Rules for Posting
- No advertising of group cruises.
- No "looking for" type posts.
-Try browsing for an existing date before you post!

Suggested format for Subject Lines: Cruise Line | Ship Name | Sail Date | Nifty or cute saying of some sort :)

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Ten

I think the max at one table is ten. I know they have some for sure but how many?

I see the fares are still pretty good so we hope your friends will join us.

Old September 29th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Welcome and 3 cheers for Atlanta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev3734 View Post
hi group
my name is jerry and I am from atlanta, ga and on this cruise. This will be my 4th transatlantic cruise ...I am so looking forward to this cruise. Can't wait to meet everybody. I am traveling solo and would very very much like to join the table for late seatiing. Please let me know what to do bob and jeff. This is going to be a great cruise. Flying in on the 29th from atlanta on Delta. Is there anybody else on that flight Would like to join a trivia group also if available.

thanks
Nice to hear from you Jerry. I'm Alfred traveling with David, a work friend, and a young married couple who are long time friends, Stephen and Kevin. David and I from the NYC area. We've all always had a great time and have experienced enriching camaraderie with the FOD group. We may end up being a small group but it's still early yet.

There is a trivia group on the other roll call for this cruise. There is also a slot pull being organized there which I signed up for. We have a lot of sea days to fill. I love Atlanta by the way.
NCL Breakaway 4/19/14 to 4/26/14 Ft Lauderdale RT
Carnival Sunshine 11/01/13 to 11/17/2013 16 days Barcelona to New Orleans
Celebrity Constellation 11/30 to 12/15/12 15 days TA London-Paris-Lisbon-Tenerife-Miami
MSC Poesia 11/10 to 11/14/11 RT FT Lauderdale 19+4=23 days total
MSC Poesia 10/22 to 11/10/11 19 days NYC-Can-Carib-C America-FT Lauderdale
NCL GEM 5/07/11 NYC-NYC
RCI LOS 4/21/11 Barcelona-Nice-Palma-Barcelona
RCI AOS 5/2/10 TA Puerto Rico to Barcelona
RCI IOS 11/23-12/6/09 TA London to Fl
HAL Oosterdam 3/14-4/1/09 TA Fl to Rome
HAL Noordam 4/5-4/2208 TA NYC to Rome
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07 NYC to Caribbean to NYC
NCL Dawn 4/1/07 NYC to Carribbean to NYC
CarnivalLiberty 10/10/06 W Mediterranean from Rome

Old September 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Fod aplenty

Hi everyone, less than 2 months to go. I just wanted to point out that last year on the "Gay" thread, we only had about a dozen posters but had upwards of 75 FOD, with many coming every night to "The Martini Bar". Celebrity usually offers 2 FOD "Meet and Mingle" per night. 1 for each dinner seating. I believe they were listed for 5:30PM and 7:30PM. It's really quite amazing how few post but how many actually show up. I beleieve the reason being that not all that many understand what FOD stands for. Perhaps FOD needs to be changed to LGBT M&M.

As for "Trivia" I really still hope that we can form a team with perhaps the "posters", here. If you can wait, let's meet up at the "Martini Bar" and see if we "meld", so to speak.

Howard in very hot Fort Lauderdale

Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi guys, I'm so sorry, however we have cancelled our reservations for this cruise. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We just returned from a 2 week Med cruise on the Solstice out of Barcelona and caught the Norovirus:-( In addition, the Solstice lost all of our luggage at disembarkation at the end of our cruise, so we flew back from Spain with no luggage. We just received it after 2 weeks. HOWEVER, we have had many other GREAT cruises with Celebrity. I just scheduled us to try Holland America out of Ft. Lauderdale for the first of December. Of all the cruises we've been on, we've never tried HAL, so we are making a change. Have a great transatlantic cruise - sounds like a wonderful group!!! Ann and Rebecca

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjeff View Post
I think the max at one table is ten. I know they have some for sure but how many?

I see the fares are still pretty good so we hope your friends will join us.
We just heard from them, and they are on as well. I'll try to find out if they would like to do late seating with us and confirm back. If it works out, great, but I know they usually like to eat earlier if possible, so no worries if not. Fall has finally arrived here in New England. Always a great season to be here, as long as we don't get an early snow like last year. Hoping it's a long one full of color and enjoyment!

Old October 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Two more?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindan View Post
We just heard from them, and they are on as well. I'll try to find out if they would like to do late seating with us and confirm back. If it works out, great, but I know they usually like to eat earlier if possible, so no worries if not. Fall has finally arrived here in New England. Always a great season to be here, as long as we don't get an early snow like last year. Hoping it's a long one full of color and enjoyment!
Great news. Hope they will decide to join us. At home we usually like to eat earlier too but on the cruise it works better for us. More time in ports, naps in the afternoon followed by cocktails. It all works out. So if they can join us please let me know and I will call Judy at my travel agency and have them added. I know there are some tables for 10 so I assume they can make it work. Our travel agency has 400 people on this cruise.

The fall colors have been amazing this year up here 45 minutes north of Montreal. This weekend is Canadian Turkey Day! We have friends up for the city for the weekend. Turkey just went in the oven! We pack up and close up the house this week and head back south later this week. Will be in NH Friday and Saturday with my parents then on to Sarasota.

We changed our e-mail to zippnmurphy@gmail.com
the old one still works for a month or so but after that it you will need to use the new one.

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default hey everybody

I am thinking of coming in a few days earlier to London. I was going to use my points and stay at a hilton a couple of miles from heathrow airport. does anybody know if there is subway service from around the aiport area. I know the tube goes from heathrow. also I'm a big theater fan. Isn;t the London theater in the west end?

Old October 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi dev3734, most theaters are in the "West End". Pickadilly Circus, is the "Tube"stop on the Underground. If you're at the Hilton, you have to probably take the hotel shutlle to the Underground. There is also a Hilton connected to one of the terminals. Not sure if this is good or not at Heathrow. It is very easy to get around though. Suggest you check out londontoolkit.com and see what they say about transportation. I'm sure that will answer all of your questions. I'm staying in the Victoria Station area and was surprised to see that "Wicked" is playing at a very famous London theater there. Isn't planning for the trip almost as much fun as going. You certainly get to know a lot about where you're headed.

Howard from soggy but very green Fort Lauderdale

Old October 10th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default hey howard

Wicked is by far one of my favorites...i have seen it over 28 times both on broadway and atlanta and other cities. you will definitely enjoy it. let me know if you are going for sure and I might try to make it 29 times for me. where are you staying in victoria...is there a hilton brand hotel near that area....

Old October 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have bought the liquor package for the cabin and a soda package and they work out pretty good on the Century going to Hawaii before. So did the same on this trip also. Good to hear that the ship is nice. Century was wonderful! We are looking forward to be on this ship for the long cruise.

Old October 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi dev3734, nice to hear from you. I am def going to "Wicked" on the 27th. At the Apollo Victoria. I am staying near "Victoria Station" and next to "Victoria Coach Station". According to my travel mag, my hotel is very close to where I want to be. That would be in the "Victoria" station area.

The name is "Airways Victoria Hotel". They were offering a rate of 75 pounds per nite. Inclusive of breakfast.

Howard in breezy and lovely Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Old October 12th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default wicked

Howard....wicked is great....when are you getting to london....i was thinking of flying in on that tuesday 27th but i;m afraid i would be too tired to attend the performance...i;m looking at the london theater guide now. would you be interested in attendiing another performance wednesday or thursday night

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Jerry, I'm sorry, but I have my tickets already. I used "London theater direct and they were excellent. Got my tickets 2 weeks after booking. I'm sure whichever show you see it will be teriffic. London is just a wonderful place for their "West End" shows.

Howard in getting cooler, Fort Lauderdale

Old October 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Any recommendations from the Classic wine/alcohol list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westirish View Post
I have bought the liquor package for the cabin and a soda package and they work out pretty good on the Century going to Hawaii before. So did the same on this trip also. Good to hear that the ship is nice. Century was wonderful! We are looking forward to be on this ship for the long cruise.
David and I also purchased a drink package, the classic.

It's my first time on celebrity but I have only heard positive things about their drink packages so appreciate your endorsement.

I don't want to sound like an alcoholic but I'm making a list of cocktails I've always wanted to try. I also love beers and wines. Suggestions from the drink list would be appreciated.

Only about 6 weeks to go
NCL Breakaway 4/19/14 to 4/26/14 Ft Lauderdale RT
Carnival Sunshine 11/01/13 to 11/17/2013 16 days Barcelona to New Orleans
Celebrity Constellation 11/30 to 12/15/12 15 days TA London-Paris-Lisbon-Tenerife-Miami
MSC Poesia 11/10 to 11/14/11 RT FT Lauderdale 19+4=23 days total
MSC Poesia 10/22 to 11/10/11 19 days NYC-Can-Carib-C America-FT Lauderdale
NCL GEM 5/07/11 NYC-NYC
RCI LOS 4/21/11 Barcelona-Nice-Palma-Barcelona
RCI AOS 5/2/10 TA Puerto Rico to Barcelona
RCI IOS 11/23-12/6/09 TA London to Fl
HAL Oosterdam 3/14-4/1/09 TA Fl to Rome
HAL Noordam 4/5-4/2208 TA NYC to Rome
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07 NYC to Caribbean to NYC
NCL Dawn 4/1/07 NYC to Carribbean to NYC
CarnivalLiberty 10/10/06 W Mediterranean from Rome

Old October 20th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default hey

the cruise is almost here. how are we on the dining table...still 7 of us? is anybody going on the paris tour from celebrity that includes the river siene lunch...

Old October 20th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Still seven.

Quote:
the cruise is almost here. how are we on the dining table...still 7 of us? is anybody going on the paris tour from celebrity that includes the river siene lunch...
As far as I know we are still seven for dinner. We can go up to ten if anyone wants to join us.

We have been to Paris many times usually for a month or more on home exchanges. So, we have no plans to go plus we have no desire to spend half the day in a bus going to and from the City of lights for maybe three hours or so there. If you do go I would only do a tour from Celebrity. If you get delayed coming back to the ship it will wait for you but.... if you do a tour on your own you would be in big trouble.

Old October 21st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default paris

I have never been to Paris so I really wanted to go. I understand that the trip is 2 1/2 hours from the pier. Do you think I will get a good "overview" of Paris or should I cancel the tour.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sorry to be a downer but...

Quote:
I have never been to Paris so I really wanted to go. I understand that the trip is 2 1/2 hours from the pier. Do you think I will get a good "overview" of Paris or should I cancel the tour.
I am sorry but all you will get is a tease. How much can you possibly see in a few short hours on a bus with 50 of your closet and dearest friends from the ship, herded from bus to lunch cruise to shopping venue. Paris is a city to see on foot up close and personal. At most you will cruise by the Eiffle, the Louvre, Notre Dame hopefully not in the rain so you can see out the windows of the boat or bus assuming you get a window seat. I hate to put a damper on things for you but a few hours in one of the greatest cities in the world does not cut it for me. We did one of these things years ago to London. Hours of traffic on the roads also lead to a shortened amount of time for the tour. If all you want is a tiny taste to see if you might want to back sometime and see it for real then do it, otherwise save your money for a real trip to Paris.

Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Paris

I guess I better look for another tour.....it's back to the ship tours for me?

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Check out the regular board

Quote:
I guess I better look for another tour.....it's back to the ship tours for me?
Have you looked at the regular board to see if there is space on any private tours there? We have done this many times and always had a good time. We plan to wait until we are there and see what the weather is like. We will figure out then where to go and what to see. You can often find local tour companies at the pier that will do the same tours as the ship for less $$$ and with far fewer people. They know about getting people back to the ship on time. But if you tour some where closer to the ship it is not a problem. Honfleur, Etreate and other small towns along the coast are suppose to be very nice to see and what we will most likely do if the weather is good ie. not pouring rain!!