Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.

Old October 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

hey everyone, Michael from Central Jersey here

Old October 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Carnival has cheap "East Coast Resident" rates
out of NYC to Florida, Nassau and Freeport starting
at $299 for 8 days, January and February 2013.
Cheap vacation....you have to book soon.

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default sailing on Norwegian Epic from Barcelona Oct 21

Anyone interesed in sharing meals, etc?

Old October 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Originally from NY. Now we live in the Tampa area but spend May to Sept on Cape Cod. Will be spending the holidays in New England and staying to take the NCL Jewel to the Caribbean in Jan with friends and family. No one will fly to Fla to take a cruise anymore! Went on an RSVP cruise over 10 years ago. It was "OK" but prefer cruises that are not gay only. Always met "family" and had a better time.

Old November 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default North Jersey here

Me and my partner love cruising. Nothing like being out on the ocean. we ususally just sail from ny but i think were gonna have to change ports in 2014 so we can see other islands.

Old November 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixedone86 View Post
Me and my partner love cruising. Nothing like being out on the ocean. we ususally just sail from ny but i think were gonna have to change ports in 2014 so we can see other islands.
Hi TheMixedOne86,

My partner and I used to live in Ridgefield Park and Hackensack. We now live in Montclair but still drive up to Bergen County for dinner and visiting with friends.

Have you and your partner ever cruised with Pied Piper? That was how we got into cruising.

My Best,
Paul

www.PaulRussell.net

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundles917 View Post
Hi TheMixedOne86,

My partner and I used to live in Ridgefield Park and Hackensack. We now live in Montclair but still drive up to Bergen County for dinner and visiting with friends.

Have you and your partner ever cruised with Pied Piper? That was how we got into cruising.

My Best,
Paul
i live in bogota which is next to hackensack. and my bf lives in belleville. what is pied piper? My bf took me for my birthday last year and we have been hooked ever since. i just came back from a 2 week cruise and book one for next oct.

Mark

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
i live in bogota which is next to hackensack. and my bf lives in belleville. what is pied piper? My bf took me for my birthday last year and we have been hooked ever since. i just came back from a 2 week cruise and book one for next oct.

Mark
The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday. He didn't know on what or to where we were going until I got him to Port Liberty in Bayonne.

Pied Piper is a gay travel agency out of NYC. The fares are discounted and you travel as a group on a regular cruise but you don't have to be with the group in all of their functions (but the free cocktail parties are a definite must participate). We've traveled twice with them. Pied Piper was our first cruise.

If you'd like to talk more about similar cruising interests feel welcome to e-mail us at Montclair2Guys[at]aol[dot]com.

Paul

www.PaulRussell.net

Old November 13th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday. He didn't know on what or to where we were going until I got him to Port Liberty in Bayonne.

Pied Piper is a gay travel agency out of NYC. The fares are discounted and you travel as a group on a regular cruise but you don't have to be with the group in all of their functions (but the free cocktail parties are a definite must participate). We've traveled twice with them. Pied Piper was our first cruise.

If you'd like to talk more about similar cruising interests feel welcome to e-mail us at Montclair2Guys[at]aol[dot]com.

Paul

Ok I emailed ya

Old November 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face

Quote:
The way you got hooked on cruising is how we got hooked. I surprised my partner with a cruise (our first) for his Bday.
Cute! We got hooked the same way. My wife walked me in a travel agency and said sureprise I'm booking you a cruise for your birthday present. It had been a fantasy of mine for years. That was in 2004 and now we're addicted!

What was you'lls first ship?
Ours was a 4 day on Carnival Imagination to Key West and Nassau. We never made Key West due to bad weather.

Our embarkment day wedding review: ~Norwegian Jewel~ 7/30/11 ...
---------------------------
Dana(aka/Lipz wearing headpiece) and Sharine
Cruising Ship Wedding Planning.....!!!

August 2015 - Oasis of the Seas
May 2015 -Carnival Valor
August 2014 - Explorer of the Seas
May 2014 - Carnival Breeze
August 2013 - Allure of the Seas
May 2013 - Norwegian Breakaway
July 2012 - Carnival Miracle
August 2011 - Carnival Glory
July 2011 - Norwegian Jewel
May 2009 - Majesty of the Seas
August 2004 - Carnival Imagination

Old November 15th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipz View Post
Cute! We got hooked the same way. My wife walked me in a travel agency and said sureprise I'm booking you a cruise for your birthday present. It had been a fantasy of mine for years. That was in 2004 and now we're addicted!

Ours was a 4 day on Carnival Imagination to Key West and Nassau. We never made Key West due to bad weather.
Mine was on carnival miracle 8days from ny to half moon cay, Nassau, and some private island. Which cruise line do u preferr? I've only been on carnival once and once with Ncl. Going on Ncl next year.

Old November 15th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Celebrity Summit was our first and second ships. Since then we've only been on Celebrity (Eclipse) and soon in January we'll be on Reflection.

How was Carnival for ya?

www.PaulRussell.net

Old November 15th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Mine was on carnival miracle 8days from ny to half moon cay, Nassau, and some private island. Which cruise line do u preferr? I've only been on carnival once and once with Ncl. Going on Ncl next year.
We actually did Carnival Miracle this past August. There were 27 of us an itinerary of San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Virgin Ispands and Grand Turk of Turks & Caicos. We loved St. Thomas the most as we visited Magen's Bay and the ride to it had such a magnificent view. Grand Turk was cool mainly because the fish were swimming with us lol. Old San Juan, wasn't much since the time there is evening til night and we stayed near the cruise terminal. We did eat some delicious Spanish food there though.

We've been on 3 Carnival ships...Miracle, Imagination and Glory, 1 Norwegian ship....Jewel, and 1 Royal Caribbean ship....Majesty of the Seas. I don't have a favorite cruise line, but more so favorite ship, and favorite cruise vacation thus far. My favorite ship is the Norwegian Jewel and that was also my favorite cruise so far. We are booked for the Norwegian Breakaway May 2013 and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas August 2013 so that may or may not change .

Which NCL ship are you doing next?

Quote:
Celebrity Summit was our first and second ships. Since then we've only been on Celebrity (Eclipse) and soon in January we'll be on Reflection.

How was Carnival for ya?
We've never done Celebrity but it sounds like you really enjoy it since you've tried several of their ships. We would like to try Princess at least once and would REALLY like to cruise with the Olivia travel company as they host lesbian cruises a few times a year.

As for Carnival, we have never had a bad cruise with them. They are more budget friendly than the other lines so easier for us to book. At the same time we book a year out on all our trips so we don't mind spending more for cruises we want to take. We host group cruises so Carnival is always our best bet as more of our friends and family can afford to go.

We actually are doing our first inside when we do the Breakaway. With the Allure already booked we are squeezing that in. I hope that inaugural sailing is worth it!

May 2015 -Carnival Valor

Old November 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
We actually did Carnival Miracle this past August. There were 27 of us an itinerary of San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Virgin Ispands and Grand Turk of Turks & Caicos. We loved St. Thomas the most as we visited Magen's Bay and the ride to it had such a magnificent view. Grand Turk was cool mainly because the fish were swimming with us lol. Old San Juan, wasn't much since the time there is evening til night and we stayed near the cruise terminal. We did eat some delicious Spanish food there though.

We've been on 3 Carnival ships...Miracle, Imagination and Glory, 1 Norwegian ship....Jewel, and 1 Royal Caribbean ship....Majesty of the Seas. I don't have a favorite cruise line, but more so favorite ship, and favorite cruise vacation thus far. My favorite ship is the Norwegian Jewel and that was also my favorite cruise so far. We are booked for the Norwegian Breakaway May 2013 and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas August 2013 so that may or may not change .

Which NCL ship are you doing next?

We've never done Celebrity but it sounds like you really enjoy it since you've tried several of their ships. We would like to try Princess at least once and would REALLY like to cruise with the Olivia travel company as they host lesbian cruises a few times a year.

As for Carnival, we have never had a bad cruise with them. They are more budget friendly than the other lines so easier for us to book. At the same time we book a year out on all our trips so we don't mind spending more for cruises we want to take. We host group cruises so Carnival is always our best bet as more of our friends and family can afford to go.

We actually are doing our first inside when we do the Breakaway. With the Allure already booked we are squeezing that in. I hope that inaugural sailing is worth it!
My next one is on the gem. I can have a great vacation as long as I'm with good company

Old November 18th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
My next one is on the gem. I can have a great vacation as long as I'm with good company
That is so true.
In 08' we had our first group vacation experience in which we did Disney World for a week. It was so much we've vacationed with a group of us ever since. My wife and I also do something with just the two of us at least once year even if it's a weekend get-away. Thankfully, as long as I get a break from work I never have a bad vacation!!!

May 2015 -Carnival Valor

Old November 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

My favorite ship i have been on so far is probably Royal's Monarch of the Seas. It was just a great ime and alot of fun me and my Mom. She never travels so between that and getting to spend time with her it was a great sea adventure.

The Carnival Fascination was my first and most special since me and the DH took it as part of our honeymoon.

The Carnival Glory was a great ship but the staff was less then great so it soured me on that ship for now.

P
RCI Monarch of the Seas (PC) - 4 night - CoCo Kay/Nass - Mom & Me!

CCL Miracle (NYC) - 8 night - PC/Nass/Frpt - 1st Anniversary Cruise

CCL Splendor (NYC) - 8 night - PC/Nass/Frpt - 2nd Anniversary Cruise
CCL Splendor (NYC) - 8 night - Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Nass - Pre-Summer Fun!

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

HAPPY NEW YEAR NY Metro Cruisers....

Where is everyone cruising to this 2013?

We're doing the Norwegian Breakaway inaugural sailing from NYC to Bermuda May 12 as our honeymoon since we never had one. Then we're on The Allure of the Seas August 11th with family and friends. There is also a possible Christmas - New Years sailing on the Norwegian Gem, but that we have not booked as of yet.

May 2015 -Carnival Valor

Last edited by Lipz; January 11th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.

Old February 1st, 2013, 07:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Would love to chat with more cruisers from the Carolina's. Any out there?

Carnival Dream 3/30/13
Carnival Inspiration 4/08
NCL Majesty 11/05
RCCL Mariner 4/04
Carnival Senstaion 5/03

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi everyone, just joined this board. Me and my partner are taking our first cruise in a few weeks, Feb 28th on Celebrity Constellation western Caribbean. We are both really excited. Hopefully the atmosphere will be gay friendly. If we end up enjoying the cruise we will look to book a longer cruise later in the year ( after our July trip to Italy ). We are in Manhattan by the way.

Old February 10th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Georgia couple here with Northeast roots

Originally from NJ (near Montclair/Clifton) but now from Atlanta area. My partner, Ron, was originally from CT via FL. He books cruises (any ship - any port)and we have been on 7 since Sept 2010 when I moved in with him. He specializes in groups so we generally have some travel mates (Gay & straight). We love just getting a bunch together and setting sail. Almost always meets others aboard (the best being the Allure of the Seas when we had a group of about 40 at the FOD meetings). Hope we get to meet up one day.
Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 09-18-2011
Celebrity Millennium 11-14-2011
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 01-23-2012
Celebrity Infinity 05-18-2012
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 02-18-2013
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas 09-30-2013

Last edited by VicCGA; February 10th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.