Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old October 13th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperPup View Post
anyone else going to be on this sailing and/or know things about the ship itself?

this will be my first cruise. feedback appreciated. thanks.

s/f

vr/chandler

over...
Hope you enjoy all those sea days!

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am solo on the Vision of the Seas next Friday (6 days!) going from my hometown San Diego through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. It's my first time on Royal Caribbean. I usually go on Holland, but a great price enticed me. My roll call is quite lively and I think they will welcome me even as a solo.

Mary Ann

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiffany24 View Post
I am solo on the Vision of the Seas next Friday (6 days!) going from my hometown San Diego through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. It's my first time on Royal Caribbean. I usually go on Holland, but a great price enticed me. My roll call is quite lively and I think they will welcome me even as a solo.

Mary Ann
Have a great trip!! Sounds like a perfect itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse typographical errors.

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.

RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.

RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE

CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy. Nov 24-27,2000. Report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(1)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Old October 28th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoole3 View Post
Thanks im so ready! I've looked back at your review over and over again!
Hope this cruise was all you had expected it to be and then some despite the weather. The storm coming through though just adds more adventure to the trip.

Did all the "first" cruising solo fears subside within a reasonable amount of time I hope? Based on your review it looks like it did.

Wait till your next solo cruise, I trust there will be another?

RCCL - Brilliance of the Seas "Live" cruise report. December 12-16, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.

RCCL - Allure of the Seas "Live" cruise report. Nov 17-24,2013. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 19-26, 2013. Back -2- Back. "Live" report can be found HERE

RCCL - Jewel of the Seas "Live" cruise report. April 13-18, 2013. "Live" report can be found HERE.

RCCL - Monarch of the Seas "Live" cruise report. July 20-23, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE

CCL - Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom B2B "Live" cruise report. November 8-17, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

CCL - Carnival Ecstasy "Live" cruise report. December 3-8, 2012. "Live" report can be found HERE.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas(3), Monarch of the Seas(2), Jewel of the Seas(1), Allure of the Seas(1), Brilliance of the Seas(1)
Carnival Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy(2), Carnival Freedom(2), Carnival Legend(2), Carnival Inspiration(2), Carnival Imagination(2), Carnival Fantasy(2), Carnival Sensation(2)

Old November 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunInTheSun View Post
Hope this cruise was all you had expected it to be and then some despite the weather. The storm coming through though just adds more adventure to the trip.

Did all the "first" cruising solo fears subside within a reasonable amount of time I hope? Based on your review it looks like it did.

Wait till your next solo cruise, I trust there will be another?
I have zero fears of cruising Solo! In fact, I already booked Freedom solo for Oct 2013 (cow sweet) and ill be back on Monarch in March. I loved it! Met so many people who all thought I was crazy at first when I was alone, but no one really "judged" me because of it. I'm starting to wonder if ill ever let anyone cruise with me again! Ha

Future Cruises:
Adventure Of The Seas ~ Nov 16, 2014
Oasis Of The Seas ~ April 11, 2015 30th Birthday!

Past Cruises:
Brilliance Of The Seas ~ March 2014
Enchantment Of The Seas ~ Jan 2014
Oasis Of The Seas ~ Nov 2013
Navigator Of The Seas ~ March 2013
Monarch Of The Seas ~ Oct 2012 B2B
Allure Of The Seas ~ June 2011
Independence Of The Seas ~ March 2010
Navigator Of The Seas ~ Jan 2010
Enchantment Of The Seas ~ Oct 2009
Liberty Of The Seas ~ May 2008
Celebrity Millenium ~ June 2005
Carinval Valor ~ Dec 2004
Navigator Of The Seas ~ June 2003
Explorer Of The Seas ~ July 2001
Carnival Imagination ~ May 1998

Oasis of The Seas - Solo Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1942611

Old November 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoole3 View Post
I have zero fears of cruising Solo! In fact, I already booked Freedom solo for Oct 2013 (cow sweet) and ill be back on Monarch in March. I loved it! Met so many people who all thought I was crazy at first when I was alone, but no one really "judged" me because of it. I'm starting to wonder if ill ever let anyone cruise with me again! Ha
Funny you say that, I was having that same conversation with my director yesterday when we were talking about me heading off next week for solo for 9 days. We were talking about traveling with groups small or large the usual complications of always worrying if the others are having a good time.

Needless to say I know even after this next solo I'll still cruise with others but most likely more of my future cruises will be solo...and purely by choice!

Congrats on booking your next two! Freedom of the seas is on my list, hopefully in the near future, every review I see of that ship amazes me.

I'll start my "Live" solo cruise report a week from today. I'm stoked, I can't wait to get back aboard a ship.

Royal Caribbean Cruises:
Carnival Cruises: