Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Now that I've read where everyone else is cruising I'm green with envy. Maybe one day when I grow up... <grin>

My partner has given me a cruise to Alaska as a present for finishing my Ph.D. (I defend next Tuesday and he said if I don't pass, we're cancelling! Hah.) I've dreamed of going to Alaska for year and am really, really excited to go. I plan far ahead, but this is the furthest ahead yet.

-Danny

Past Cruises
January 29, 2011 - Carnival Liberty #7314 (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica)
January 30, 2010 - Carnival Liberty #9246 (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica)
December 2, 2007 - Carnival Legend #4241 (Tampa, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel)

Old October 13th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxn748 View Post
Just today I booked the Caribbean Princess 3-30 from Miami to Aruba and Curacao. Have never been on Princess before. Five times on HAL though.
I think you'll love it! Caribbean Princess was our first cruise (out of San Juan, PR) and we really enjoyed it. Met two other gay couples, one younger and one older, and alternated spending time/dining with each of them for the rest of the cruise.

A word to the wise -- we had to inquire about FOD Meet&Greet at the purser's desk, as there was nothing in the Princess Patter the 1st day. Magically, there was one listed for the 2nd day, and it was hosted by a gay Asst. Cruise Director.

Have a great cruise!

-Chad (and Ryan)

Last edited by TwoChicagoGuys; October 13th, 2012 at 03:15 AM.

Old October 13th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebrity Equinox -- February 22nd, 2013

My partner and I will be making our Celebrity debut on the Equinox for the 10-day Southern Caribbean sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on February 22nd, 2013. We've cruised twice before on Princess, also in the Caribbean.

We're both excited to try out an Aqua Class cabin and are looking forward to eating at Blu!

So far I don't see a gay roll call for our ship, and the main ship roll call looks to be the same 5 people making all of the posts. Hopefully there are some other fun gays out there who will be on our sailing! Otherwise we'll just have to be content talking with each other and soaking up the sun and fun.

Happy cruising everyone!

-Chad & Ryan

Old October 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebrity Eclipse - October 2013

We're also taking our first Celebrity cruise next year on the Eclipse to the Canaries & Azores after several cruises on Princess and NCL.

We too are in an Aqua Class cabin and hope that it's as good as the reviews I've read on the Celebrity forum. It will also be interesting to have a speciality restaurant (Blu) as our MDR.

2015: Celebrity Equinox - Med (Barcelona to Istanbul)
2014: P&O Azura - N Europe, Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean, Royal Princess - Eastern Caribbean
2013: Celebrity Eclipse - Canaries & Azores
2012: Grand Princess - Scandinavia, Norwegian Star - West Caribbean
2011: Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean B2B
2009: Norwegian Sky - Bahamas, Ocean Village 2 - East Med
2008: Norwegian Jewel - West Caribbean
2007: Ocean Village - East Med
1997: Sunwing - West Med

Old October 13th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple5 View Post
We're also taking our first Celebrity cruise next year on the Eclipse to the Canaries & Azores after several cruises on Princess and NCL.

We too are in an Aqua Class cabin and hope that it's as good as the reviews I've read on the Celebrity forum. It will also be interesting to have a speciality restaurant (Blu) as our MDR.
Good stuff! I hope we all have as much fun in Aqua Class as the reviews say. And just in case you didn't know, you are allowed to eat in the MDR or Blu. Don't let anyone tell you differently!

In fact, there was a forum recently on Cruise Critic (first part of October 2012) where they had a daily Q&A with the CEO of Celebrity. Someone asked this very question, and he wrote back that Aqua Class passengers are free to dine in either room. They just have exclusive rights to Blu (except suite passengers who have the option but must make reservations and pay a cover charge). I'm printing off his post to take with us in case we try the MDR and get grief from the Maitre'D.

Here's the link to the CEO's post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714320 (scroll down about 4 posts)

-Chad

Last edited by TwoChicagoGuys; October 13th, 2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added web link

Old October 14th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoChicagoGuys View Post
Good stuff! I hope we all have as much fun in Aqua Class as the reviews say. And just in case you didn't know, you are allowed to eat in the MDR or Blu. Don't let anyone tell you differently!

-Chad
Thanks for the info! Only 11 months left for us to wait until our turn on Celebrity, so please post a review when you're back from yours and let us know what you think.

2015: Celebrity Equinox - Med (Barcelona to Istanbul)
2014: P&O Azura - N Europe, Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean, Royal Princess - Eastern Caribbean
2013: Celebrity Eclipse - Canaries & Azores
2012: Grand Princess - Scandinavia, Norwegian Star - West Caribbean
2011: Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean B2B
2009: Norwegian Sky - Bahamas, Ocean Village 2 - East Med
2008: Norwegian Jewel - West Caribbean
2007: Ocean Village - East Med
1997: Sunwing - West Med

Old October 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoChicagoGuys View Post
A word to the wise -- we had to inquire about FOD Meet&Greet at the purser's desk, as there was nothing in the Princess Patter the 1st day. Magically, there was one listed for the 2nd day, and it was hosted by a gay Asst. Cruise Director.
Was that sailaway day or the first full day at sea? The Patter has always listed LGBT meeting on the first full day, without, as far as I'm aware, much prompting. Unfortunately, the initial meetings aren't always hosted.
1/06 Westerdam -W. Caribbean * 1/07 Dawn Princess - Mexican Riviera * 1/08 Zuiderdam - E. Caribbean * 4/08 Celebrity Mercury - Alaska * 12/09 Crown Princess - W. Caribbean * 8/10 Sea Princess - Alaska * 1/11 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 4/11 Island Princess - Panama full transit * 8/11 Sea Princess - Alaska * 2/12 Grand Princess - E. Caribbean * 4/12 Coral Princess - Panama full transit * 12/12 Star Princess - SFO to Buenos Aires * 4/13 Golden Princess - Hawaii * 10/13 Royal Princess - Venice to FLL * 2/14 Sapphire Princess - Mexican Riviera * 8/14 Star Princess - Alaska * 12/14 Coral Princess - Panama partial transit * 7/15 Diamond Princess - Japan

Old October 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hope your PHD thesis defense went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithocles View Post
Now that I've read where everyone else is cruising I'm green with envy. Maybe one day when I grow up... <grin>

My partner has given me a cruise to Alaska as a present for finishing my Ph.D. (I defend next Tuesday and he said if I don't pass, we're cancelling! Hah.) I've dreamed of going to Alaska for year and am really, really excited to go. I plan far ahead, but this is the furthest ahead yet.

-Danny

USS Stoddard (DD566), USS Dale (DLG 19), USS Coronado (LPD11)

Disney Wonder (4 day) Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Disney Magic Western Caribbean Nov/Dec 2009, Alaska Inside Passage RCL Rhapsody of the Seas May 2010, Star Princess Mar/Apr 2011 Southern Caribbean Medley, January 2012 Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager, February 2013 Coral Princess Panama Canal, January 2014 Grand Princess Hawaii

Old October 16th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are going on NCL Jewel out of NYC Jan 20. We will be in New England/NY for the holidays this year and will stay and take this cruise with friends and family who will NOT fly to Fla anymore to take a cruise. Have not been on NCL since before "Freestyle"...don't know what to expect! On another note....anyone do "Travelzoo"? We have taken some amazingly inexpensive trips with them (mostly not cruises, though) Just booked a Prauge/Vienna/Budapest trip for $1200 incl the airfare!

Old October 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

We will probably book another weekend on the NCL Sky in January with some neighbors...It'll be a nice chill weekend after a hectic Holiday Season....
Looking at booking a week-long cruise in June sometime...My partner would like to do the Oasis/Allure, but I am still have trouble spending that kind of money....
We will probably end up doing the Breeze or Liberty, or perhaps driving up to Canaveral to do one of the ships out of there...
MIAMI MARLINS
FLORIDA PANTHERS
CHICAGO BULLS
CHICAGO BEARS

2015--MSC Divina
2014--MSC Divina
2014--NCL Epic
2013--Carnival Breeze
2013--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2012--NCL Sky
2012--NCL Sky
2011--NCL Sky
2011--NCL Epic
2010--RCCL Independence of the Seas
2010--Celebrity Century
2009--NCL Pearl
2009--NCL Sky
2009--Carnival Destiny
2009--RCCL Freedom of the Seas
2008--Celebrity Constellation
2007--HAL Westerdam
2007--RCCL Liberty of the Seas
2006--Caribbean Princess
2005--RCCL Brilliance of the Seas
2003--Carnival Imagination
2002--RCCL Monarch of the Seas
2001--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
2000--Carnival Imagination
1999--Carnival Fascination
1998--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1996--RCCL Majesty of the Seas
1994--NCL Windward
1993--NCL Westward

Old October 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Carnival Liberty on March 17, 2013 (Mexico, Honduras, Belize and Grand Cayman) with fiancé and my mom. Should be interesting...at least they get along well! HAHA
Carnival Glory (from Boston) - June 2013 - Balcony - 4 nights (Canada: NB)
Norwegian Breakaway (from NYC) - September 2013 - Balcony - 7 nights (Bermuda)
Norwegian Gem (from NYC) - December 2013 - Inside - 1 night (Cruise to Nowhere)
Carnival Freedom (from Ft. Lauderdale) - March 2014 - Inside - 6 nights (Western Carib.: Key West FL, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica)

UPCOMING:
Regal Princess (from Ft. Lauderdale) - March 2015 - Inside - 7 nights (Eastern Carib.: "PC" Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten)

Old October 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Mona and I, along with our two DS (18 & 16) will be sailing the southern caribbean on the RCCL Jewel of the Seas on June 29, 2013. This will be a graduation cruise for our oldest DS. Each son is also bringing a friend.

Anyone else out there cruising this sailing? We would love to meet up with some people.

11/22/2014 - Carnival Miracle ***Wedding Cruise***
12/09/2013 - Carnival Victory
06/29/2013 - RCCL Jewel of the Seas
11/04/2012 - Carnival Legend
06/30/2012 - Carnival Liberty
06/24/2012 - Carnival Sensation
11/05/2011 - Carnival Freedom
10/31/2010 - NCL Pearl
09/18/2010 - Carnival Legend
11/01/2009 - Carnival Valor

Last edited by HappyHappy1; October 25th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default The New Celebrity Reflection

We will be booking the New Celebrity Reflection for the 2013 Post Thanksgiving cruise with Pied Piper. Although this is the newest of the Solstice Class of ship, she looks amazing! The Suites are like no other!

Celebrity Eclipse November 2011-Pied Piper, Celebrity Solstice November 2010- Pied Piper, Liberty of the Seas November 2009- Pied Piper, Celebrity Infinity May 2009- Serenade of the Seas November 2008- Pied Piper, Jewel of the Seas November 2007- Pied Piper, Radiance of the Seas November 2006- Pied Piper, Carnival Pride April 2005, Carnival Ecstacy March 2000, Carnival Ecstasy April 1999, Carnival Ecstasy June 1997, Big Red Boat II August/ September 1996

Old October 26th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

We finally had to abandon our attempts at the three-part cruise aboard the Grand from FLL to SFX via the Horn, as it was an all or nothing venture and so nothing it is. But we are now booked on the Pacific for the cruise up the Amazon to Manaus from and to FLL and while a repeat itinerary gives us 28 fewer days of winter than had we not.

Old October 29th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you are on Celebrity and travelling Aqua Class you will love Blu, but dont let that stop you from making up a table with friends you meet on board in the main dining room. You go to the top floor at the "Select" entrance and book a table for whatever time you want. Ask for a table upstairs.. the service and food is better and the view near the gallery over the lower restaurant give a great atmosphere too.

The main dining room is one of the most beautifully designed grand dining rooms afloat! Stunning art deco glass staircase and cream leather chairs pipes in burgundy. Blu, on the otherhand is quiet, well mannered and a little up itself, and can be a bit hot or miss until the table staff get to know you. Tables of 6 - 10 have the most fun, and if you want a quiet table for a romantic 2, Blu can not be beaten.

As my name suggests, since a break up, I travel solo. On the TA aboard Solstice this year (FL - Rome) I travelled Aqua. I only had to go in to the restaurant on my own one night, as I met so many wonderful people from Germany, Scotland Chicago and Florida. Even on that night, as I was asking the Maitre d' for a table for one, two other passengers were already asking their water if they could pull up another table so I could join them.

I am not sure if I want to pay all that again for Blu, as travelling solo it can make it more difficult to join a table, but the year previous I had a table from hell (racist and homophobic born again twosome after a day visiting thr holocaust museum in Jerusalem) in MDR and got upgraded to Aqua so I wouldnt have to sit with them again.

I am now looking at Silhouette for the T/A from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. It looks like a wamr route south to Puerto Rico and Cocoa Bay... on to Madeira and then Rome.. Loads of days at sea which I prefer having done all these ports before anyway.

For gay travellers, I can not recommend Celebrity enough.. On a T/A one can expect 40 - 60 gay guys and a few girls... who generally get on well together with Martini Bar being the place to meet before dinner to make up a table.
This will be my 4th on Celebrity in 2 years.

Happy sailing everyone, and wear your Speedos!!!

Reine Del Mar - Union Castle - 1969 - Med
Carmania - Cunard - 1970 - Med
MS Atlas - Nile Cruise - 1992 - Nile
Royal Majesty - Majesty Line-1994 - West Carib
Victoria - P&O - 1995 - East Med
Countess - Cunard - 1996 - East Caribbean
Rhapsody of the Seas - RCCL - 1998 - Panama
Carousel - Tui / MyTravel - 2001 - Canaries
Explorer of the Seas - RCCL - 2006 - South Carib
Navigator of the Seas - RCCL - 2007 - South Carib
Explorer of the Seas - RCCL - 2008 - NY to Carib
Brilliance of the Seas - RCCL - 2009 - East Med
Ruby Princess - Princess - 2010 - Transatlantic - Volcano - cancelled by Princess
Adventure of the Seas - 2010 - Transatlantic
EQUINOX - Celebrity - May 2011 Transatlantic
SILHOUETTE - Celebrity - Sept 2011 - Holyland
SOLSTICE - Celebrity - April 2012 - Transatlantic
SILHOUETTE - Celebrity - April 2013 - Transatlantic
SILHOUETTE - Celebrity - April 2014 - Transatlantic
Oasis of the Seas - Sept 2014 - TRANSATLANTIC - UPCOMING

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:19 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Alaska again for 2013 and Hawaii for 2014 (shh Hawaii is a surprise he doesnt know about it yet)
Carnival Fantasy 11/96
Carnival Glory 11/2010
Carnival Victory 11/2011
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas 06/15/2012
Carnival Victory 11/2012
Carnival Imagination 01/2013
Carnival Paradise 05/2013
Carnival Valor 11/3/2013
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas 06/06/2014
Carnival Conquest 11/02/2014

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to the Caribbean on 11/02/2014 aboard the Carnival Conquest! Visit Carnival.com to see all Caribbean cruises.

My Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Alaska on 05/18/2015 aboard the Carnival Legend! Visit Carnival.com to see all Alaska cruises.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Alaska June 2013

My partner and our best friends are on Celebrity Millennium in June.
Any suggestions? It's our first cruise. We are CC1 aft of ship.
Wayne

Old November 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebrity Reflection

My partner and I will be sailing on the Fall 2013 Celebrity Reflection TA from Civitavecchia to Miami. The cruise is stopping in Tenerife and then St. Kitts and St. Maartin, so the weather should be good (and warm) most of the cruise. We were on the Solstice westbound TA last December and had really good weather. We are once again sailing in Aqua, just for Blu, which we loved. We celebrated our anniversary on that cruise, and a friend with pull had a huge chocolate cake delivered to our table in Blu that evening. The entire Blu staff, including the assistant maitre'd sang Happy Anniversary before we shared the cake with half the restaurant. All the next day, other passengers who were in Blu at the time, congratulated us.

There were between 100–200 gay men and lesbians on that cruise and the Martini Bar became the before-dinner meeting place. There was even an item each day in the ship's bulletin, mentioning that. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming.

Old November 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We are doing our first Celebrity cruise as well. We are doing the Singapore to Hong Kong route on the Millennium in March. I am very excited about it. We booked it awhile ago and the planning has been kind of crazy. It is a lot different then a Caribbean or a Med cruise.

We got an amazing deal on a Norwegian Fjord cruise on RCCL in June. we also have a group cruise with a bunch of people from an old roll call in October on the Breeze. This will be the fourth time we have all cruised together.

I will also do a solo trip or two. Right now I am booked on the Epic for a Western Med cruise in September. Hopefully, it will pan out. I get a lot more time off then my partner so I do solo trips here and there.

CCL Fantasy 1990 (Bahamas)
CCL Valor 2008 (W Caribbean, Halloween cruise)
CCL Fascination 2008 (Key West, Bahamas, Christmas cruise)
CCL Victory 2009 (Southern Caribbean) review w/ pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=972143
CCL Fascination 2009 (Bahamas)
CCL Imagination 2009 (Key West, Cozumel)
CCL Freedom 2009 (Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama)
RCCL Majesty of the Seas 2009 (Bahamas, Key West)
RCCL Oasis of the Seas 2010 (Eastern Caribbean)
CCL Spirit 2010 (Alaska) review w/ pics:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1208096
CCL Fascination 2010 (Bahamas)
CCL Imagination 2010 (Key West, Cozumel)
CCL Miracle 2010 (Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Curacao)
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 2010 (Western)
NCL Jade 2011 (Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Istanbul, Malta)
RCCL Navigator of the Seas 2011 (Western)
CCL Magic 2011 (12 day Grand Med)
CCL Miracle 2011 (9/11 Memorial, NYC to Bermuda)
RCCL Allure of the Seas 2011 (Western)
CCL Conquest 2011 (Western)
CCL Spirit 2012 (15 Day Hawaii)
NCL Jade 2012 (Greek Isles) review with pics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...=1691665/SIZE]
CCL Imagination 2012 (Western)
CCL Liberty 2012 (Western)
DCL Disney Dream 2012 (Bahamas)
X Celebrity Millennium 2013 (SE Asia- Singapore, Bangkok, Vietnam, Hong Kong)
CCL Sunshine 2013 (Western Mediterranean)
X Celebrity Eclipse 2013 (Norwegian Fjords)
CCL Breeze 2013 (Caribbean)
X Celebrity Century 2014 (California Coastal)
NCL Getaway 2014 (Eastern)

NEXT UP:

Old November 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonjetset View Post
Carnival Liberty on March 17, 2013 (Mexico, Honduras, Belize and Grand Cayman) with fiancé and my mom. Should be interesting...at least they get along well! HAHA
This was our last cruise. We had a lot of fun. The ship was very active and energetic. There were people everywhere having a good time. I also like the new "2.0" enhancements they did to the ship.

I cruise with my mom a lot as my partner doesn't get as much time off as I do. My mom and I are doing a Disney cruise in a couple weeks. Something different for sure. Last April, we did a 15 day Hawaii cruise. My parents were supposed to go with us, but my Dad had a family emergency at the last minute. It ended up being my partner and I with my mother. I thought 2+ weeks was going to be way too much, but we had a great time. Have fun!