I want to see the northern lights

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:18 PM.
Anchorage, Alaska
3,124 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by PennyAgain
Excellent Northern Lights last night in Homer, Alaska. Check online for photos.
I had a little too much wine last night and couldn't make it out but I heard that it was one of the best showings in years in Anchorage.
Wasilla, Alaska
3,573 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by Glaciers
I had a little too much wine last night and couldn't make it out but I heard that it was one of the best showings in years in Anchorage.
It was excellent...possibly better than last March, which was amazing. I spent about an hour taking photos last night, afraid to drive to a better view for fear that they would quit before I got there.
Anchorage, Alaska
3,124 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by mytime53
It was excellent...possibly better than last March, which was amazing. I spent about an hour taking photos last night, afraid to drive to a better view for fear that they would quit before I got there.
I did make it out last March and they were the best I'd seen in Anchorage. Thanks for sharing the photos. I missed out.
Texas
567 Posts
Joined May 2006
I don't know why I posted the latest I can come is April, I ment to post August.

Tammy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph-November 29, 2012
Carnival Victory- September 12, 2010
Carnival Conquest- January 27, 2008
Grand Princess Caribbean- January 27, 2007
Carnival Elation- October 31, 2005
4,290 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
It was excellent...possibly better than last March, which was amazing.
yes, last March was indeed amazing. I remember it well and have some nice photos from that. Last September (2011) also was quite good at Denali and north.
more or less in TX
10,418 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
I know that feeling of being afraid to give up a so-so location for the idea of a better one. Even though I know my way around our parts of Alaska very well, I only start driving if someone is giving me updates about good viewing spots.