Immigration Documents for Colombian Citizen

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:09 AM.
16 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Hi all,

This is my first time posting on this board. I grew up cruising and it has been about 5 years since my last cruise. We are booked on the Glory in November and counting down the days!!!

I am going with my husband, and my mom and aunt have decided to join us. My aunt lives in Colombia and I am trying to help her find out about required documentation she may need for our cruise.

Anyone out there have any insight as to whether or not a Colombian with a Colombian passport will require additional visas in order to go to Bahamas and Turks & Caicos? She will have her Colombian Passport along with a multiply entry visa to the US.

I have tried calling consulates to no avail, and of course, Carnival does not provide much information since they do not want to claim any responsibility even though Carnival staff would be verifying immigration documentation on the day of embarkation. So I thought I would turn to this board for some help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NJ, USA
1,446 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Hi - according to this - http://www.bahamas.com/vacation-plan...y-requirements - she doesn't need one for the Bahamas. I would bring a copy of this along though - http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/wps/wcm/co...df?MOD=AJPERES.

Doesn't look like she needs one for Turks/Caicos either - http://www.immigrationboard.tc/go/en...nts--page.html.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Already Cruised:1970 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas)**1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda)**1986 Carnival Holiday (E Carib)**1987 Carnival Jubilee (E Carib)** 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Oceanic (Bahamas)**1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas)**1991 Costa Riviera(W Carib)**1993 Carnival Fantasy (S Carib)**1997 Celebrity Century (W Carib)**1997 Celebrity Century (E Carib)**1998 RCI Grandeur of the Seas (E Carib)**1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas)**2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada)**2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska)**2003 Royal Princess (S America)**2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska)**2010 Caribbean Princess (S Carib) **2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b S Carib)**2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas)**2012 Carnival Breeze Inaugural Season (Carib/Bahamas)**2012 NCL Epic (Carib/Bahamas)**2013 NCL Breakaway Inaugural Season (Bermuda)**2013 Disney Fantasy (W Carib)**2015 Disney Fantasy (E Carib)**2015 NCL Getaway Family Reunion (E Carib)**2015 RCI Oasis of the Seas (W Carib)**2016 RCI Serenade of the Seas (Baltic)**2016 Disney Magic (NYC to San Juan)**RCI Allure of the Seas Feb. 2017 (W Carib), **2017Disney Fantasy (Eastern Carib)

Upcoming: **Disney Dream Nov. 2017, **NCL Bliss August 2018 , **RCI Harmony of the Seas Nov. 2018

16 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
I found these exact same resources when I did my search. But I was afraid that it maybe wasn't reliable or updated. I would hate to get there and my aunt not be allowed to board. I'm going to keep trying to call the embassies to see if I can have this information confirmed. Thank you for helping out! If anyone else has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature