Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Mexican Riviera

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Mexican Riviera Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Krystal in PV- Walking from the Port???

I've searched the boards, including the Ports of Call threads, and can't seem to find a quick answer... so I am posting my question here in hopes that somebody will answer: What is the best/easiest way to walk from the port to Krystal Resort in PV? Thanks

Carnival Liberty 01/11/2014
Carnival Splendor 01/13/2013
Carnival Splendor 01/08/2012
Carnival Spirit 01/09/2011
Carnival Conquest 09/19/2004
Carnival Paradise - 1989

Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have stayed at the Krystal twice and we went on a few trips from the port there.

It is really simple to get to the Krystal from there.Just walk out of the gates to the port and go left. You will be on a small street with shops. Walk out to the main street you will come to and turn right - it is not far from there. I am horrible with distances, but it's maybe 1/4 mile to a 1/2 mile up the road on your right.

Carnival Fantasy-5 Day-Bahamas - 6/9/2013
REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1865627

Honeymoon Trip to Scotland & England - 6/2012
Land Vacation to Puerto Vallarta - 6/2011
Land Vacation to Puerto Vallarta - 6/2010
Land Vacation to England - 03/22/08
Land Vacation to Spain - 07/18/07

Carnival Destiny-7 Day-Southern Caribbean - 12/04/05
Carnival Miracle-7 Day-Western Caribbean - 11/21/04
Carnival Victory-7 Day-Eastern Caribbean - 3/23/03
Carnival Fantasy-4 Day-Bahamas - 3/3/02
Carnival Fascination-3 Day-Bahamas - 6/15/01

Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

The previous post is correct. Go left from the ship out to the main drag, then go right. It is several blocks down on the right. It is an easy walk. My wife has been there several times and just loves it. You can book a spa appt on line. After your appt. you are free to use the facilities, which are very nice. Also when you are in PV go across the street to Walmart. Sounds silly, I know. But you can buy snacks and souvineers there. Also the booze is reasonably priced. The food section is a great "cultural" experience. I am a gourmet cook and always purchase food stuffs to cook with. Up front the have a paletaria where you can buy the Mexican version of a frozen fruit bar. They are wonderful. My favorite is cantaloupe. Then you can take a taxi back to the ship for about 2 bucks. Bon Voyage.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

There is actually a you tube video a guy made - real time - going from the port to the resort. When you walk out the port gate, go to the right and head to the beach. There is a beach access gate you can go thru, then walk down the beach a few resorts.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile pics of how to walk to krystal...

here is the thread with photos..
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1643554

Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers and move on. You don't have to forget who that person was to you; only accept that they aren't that person anymore...

GOOGLE + PICTURE ALBUMS
https://plus.google.com/photos/116190315107492683472/albums

OUR VIDEO LIFE ON VIMEO AND YOUTUBE
http://vimeo.com/user3948801/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/hommebronze

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:05 AM
50,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyccz View Post
I have stayed at the Krystal twice and we went on a few trips from the port there.

It is really simple to get to the Krystal from there.Just walk out of the gates to the port and go left. You will be on a small street with shops. Walk out to the main street you will come to and turn right - it is not far from there. I am horrible with distances, but it's maybe 1/4 mile to a 1/2 mile up the road on your right.
When you get out of the main port you make a right so that the ocean is on your right side as you walk up the street. I would say around 15 minute walk from that point.

Keith

Old October 24th, 2012, 03:09 AM
50,000+ Club

I just want to add when you come to the hotel you will see this sign on the right hand side.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-reExVEYquv...0/P1050306.jpg

Keith

Old October 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Lightbulb Aerial View ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPieRye View Post
I've searched the boards, including the Ports of Call threads, and can't seem to find a quick answer... so I am posting my question here in hopes that somebody will answer: What is the best/easiest way to walk from the port to Krystal Resort in PV? Thanks
This link will take you to Wikimapia and shows the port area. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=20.649...co%2C%20mexico

Two ways to get there. Once you have left the secured dock area, you can turn right (toward the bay) and walk the beach to Krystal and the pool area . . . or . . . Once you have left thr secured dock area, turn left and walk past the trinket shops to the main highway and then walk south to the front entrance.

There used to be access to the Krystal property via a side street & side gate but that has been reported to be closed since new owners took over.

Enjoy!
Sailing before the wind on Lake Michigan aboard our 35' cruise ship !!

Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean 03/2014
Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit 3/2010
Royal Clipper - Windward Islands (Caribbean) 3/2009
Grand Princess - Western Caribbean 03/2006
Golden Princess - Classic Southern Caribbean 04/2005
Norwegian Sea - Western Caribbean 04/2003
Carnival Elation - Mexican Riviera 02/2002
Carnival Mardi Gras - Bahamas Early 80's

Old October 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thank everyone so much! This was exactly the information I was looking for. I am thinking that we've driven right by it on our way to the zipline excursion... I am going to check my raw video footage and see if it's there

Do most of you walk the street way or the beach way?

Carnival Paradise - 1989

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Walk beach if cool...walk streets if hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtpierye View Post
thank everyone so much! This was exactly the information i was looking for. I am thinking that we've driven right by it on our way to the zipline excursion... I am going to check my raw video footage and see if it's there

do most of you walk the street way or the beach way?
beach on a cool day!
Street on a hot day!

Sometimes you just have to erase the messages, delete the numbers and move on. You don't have to forget who that person was to you; only accept that they aren't that person anymore...

GOOGLE + PICTURE ALBUMS
https://plus.google.com/photos/116190315107492683472/albums

OUR VIDEO LIFE ON VIMEO AND YOUTUBE
http://vimeo.com/user3948801/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/hommebronze

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:13 PM
50,000+ Club

I would walk on the sidewalk till you get there.

Very easy and very few people.

Keith

Old October 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Or walk the beach over and the street back, then come back and tell us which was best.

Wineman, I would have thought beach if hot, street if cool. (Does it ever get cool there? )

Old October 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
5,000+ Club

If walking is not your bag, you could catch the white and blue bus for a little over a half dollar each way.

Old October 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish weave View Post
If walking is not your bag, you could catch the white and blue bus for a little over a half dollar each way.
This one? http://www.pvpulse.com/en/info/downtown-bus-route

Am I looking at the map correctly to think that the pier is the #2 stop, and Krystal would be the #4?

On the way back: #42 and #43?

We've got twin 3YOs, so a 1/2 mile walk after a day playing probably wouldn't go well. Or I'd be carrying 60+ pounds a half a mile...

Do they stop at every stop, or is it necessary to signal the driver? It is pesos only, or will they accept greenbacks?

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by mikesteg; October 28th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

Old October 28th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Arrow Not to be taken literally ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesteg View Post
This one? http://www.pvpulse.com/en/info/downtown-bus-route

Am I looking at the map correctly to think that the pier is the #2 stop, and Krystal would be the #4?

On the way back: #42 and #43?

We've got twin 3YOs, so a 1/2 mile walk after a day playing probably wouldn't go well. Or I'd be carrying 60+ pounds a half a mile...

Do they stop at every stop, or is it necessary to signal the driver? It is pesos only, or will they accept greenbacks?

Thanks for the tip!
The map you referenced does show the bus stops that the typical rider would use between the port and all points to its southern terminus. The bus stop "numbers" on the map are for your visual reference only. The actual bus stops do not have numbers on them and you will not find a printed map anywhere that duplicates the information on that web site.

City buses in your home town likely have a major route indicator above or across the top of the windshield. Vallarta buses do too but they indicate the northern route terminus. The "centro" & "tunel" markers are often small signs located at the top or bottom of the windshield. Additionally, you will see significant destinations painted on the windshield such as "hotel zone", "sheraton" "walmart", "sams" and other hotels/shopping centers. I am saying this here for those that may be looking for bus information in the future.

mikesteg - Yes, they do take USD's. No, they do not stop at every stop. There is a buzzer button located near the rear exit. Either get up and approach the from door or push the buzzer shortly after passing the Soriana grocery store. It is protocol for families with small children to be seated at the front of the bus.

Get on at the bus stop referenced as number 2 (outside the port property entrance) and get off at the stop for the night club Christine (stop #4), Christine is a club located on Krystal's front lawn.

Getting back should depend on where you are on the Krystal property. It is a really big property and the distance to stop #42 is roughly 1,600 feet from the pool (and an additional 1,200 feet from the port bus stop to the round port building) while the distance to the round port building is roughly 2,600 feet from the pool via the beach.

Enjoy!

Old October 29th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I just measured the distance on google Earth, and the most the bus would save is .3 mile. It's up to you once you see the streets, but I wouldn't take the bus on the way back because I wouldn't want to cross the busy street (not once, but twice) with 3 year olds. A leisurely stroll on the beach would probably be easiest with kids...as MSN-T points out, it's almost as far to walk between the port and the street plus the street to the pool as it is to take the beach...just allow plenty of time. If you have a lot to carry at the end of the day and don't want to take the beach route, you might even consider a taxi. DH and I take the bus a lot, but sometimes the taxi is priceless!

Last edited by mytime53; October 29th, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Old October 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
50,000+ Club

I would just walk this.

So easy unless you have any issues preventing you from walking.

Keith

Old October 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN-Travelers View Post
The map you referenced does show the bus stops that the typical rider would use between the port and all points to its southern terminus. The bus stop "numbers" on the map are for your visual reference only. The actual bus stops do not have numbers on them and you will not find a printed map anywhere that duplicates the information on that web site.

City buses in your home town likely have a major route indicator above or across the top of the windshield. Vallarta buses do too but they indicate the northern route terminus. The "centro" & "tunel" markers are often small signs located at the top or bottom of the windshield. Additionally, you will see significant destinations painted on the windshield such as "hotel zone", "sheraton" "walmart", "sams" and other hotels/shopping centers. I am saying this here for those that may be looking for bus information in the future.

mikesteg - Yes, they do take USD's. No, they do not stop at every stop. There is a buzzer button located near the rear exit. Either get up and approach the from door or push the buzzer shortly after passing the Soriana grocery store. It is protocol for families with small children to be seated at the front of the bus.

Get on at the bus stop referenced as number 2 (outside the port property entrance) and get off at the stop for the night club Christine (stop #4), Christine is a club located on Krystal's front lawn.

Getting back should depend on where you are on the Krystal property. It is a really big property and the distance to stop #42 is roughly 1,600 feet from the pool (and an additional 1,200 feet from the port bus stop to the round port building) while the distance to the round port building is roughly 2,600 feet from the pool via the beach.

Enjoy!
Thank you. That is excellent information.

The community rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime53 View Post
I just measured the distance on google Earth, and the most the bus would save is .3 mile. It's up to you once you see the streets, but I wouldn't take the bus on the way back because I wouldn't want to cross the busy street (not once, but twice) with 3 year olds. A leisurely stroll on the beach would probably be easiest with kids...as MSN-T points out, it's almost as far to walk between the port and the street plus the street to the pool as it is to take the beach...just allow plenty of time. If you have a lot to carry at the end of the day and don't want to take the beach route, you might even consider a taxi. DH and I take the bus a lot, but sometimes the taxi is priceless!
Yeah, I see that now also. I had seen "1/2 mile" a couple of places and translated that to mean 1/2 mile via the road (or beach). I see now that a good portion of the walk is from the ship to the road or inside the resort itself. I agree, we may as well walk.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old October 29th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you everyone for all of the helpful information! Last year we walked to the Mundo Nogalito office which is the same direction. It sounds like Krystal is just a little further down

Carnival Paradise - 1989

Old October 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Arrow Krystal about 1/3 third the way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPieRye View Post
Thank you everyone for all of the helpful information! Last year we walked to the Mundo Nogalito office which is the same direction. It sounds like Krystal is just a little further down
Actually, the Nundo Nogalito office is about 1.5 miles from the round bldg in the port. Krystal is just under a half mile.