What are your wedding favors?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:45 PM.
Myrtle Beach, SC
13 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Im trying to get some ideas for our wedding favors. Since our guests will be spending so much money for to come to our wedding on St Thomas and the cruise I want to have a nice and creative wedding favor for them. What are you doing for your wedding favors?
Houston
162 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
I did the wedding wands. I should take a few pics.

Completely DIY, but there are places you can have them ordered.

I used 1 ribbon for each color of my wedding (4 total).

3 of the colors were regular ribbon I got on sale from Michael's.
The last color, I ordered, with the writing, "Witness to the wedding of X and Y. September 2nd 2012 Wave to send wishes, ringing for our kisses"

I attached a bell and the ribbon to a troll using eye hooks and thin wire.

They came out very nice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mr and Mrs. Durham
Living happily ever after...
1,340 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Part of my favors are these personalized chocolate covered coins. However, my guests aren't sailing with us. Maybe you could do drink coupons for each cabin?
Florida
69 Posts
Joined May 2012
We made magnets for our guests. My FH and I collect magnets from all the places we travel and we wanted our favors to represent us.

We ordered them through vistaprint and only had to pay for shipping, so we got 100 for about $8.00
Liverpool, ENGLAND
263 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Well we're not doing favours as such but all of our guests are getting gifts instead. All the men get to keep their suit and also get cufflinks the morning of the wedding. The ladies also get a bracelet each.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Liverpool, ENGLAND
263 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Originally posted by Herbaltees
You purchased suits for all of the men??? NICE!
Well, kind of! My future father in law offered to pay for the suits for us. We looked into the price of hiring vs buying as were travelling from the UK we'd need to hire them for a month (for the cruise wedding and party back home), so buying them was cheaper.
So they get to keep them, as well as all of the accessories such as shirt, tie, cufflinks etc
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,340 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by Gina130284
Well, kind of! My future father in law offered to pay for the suits for us. We looked into the price of hiring vs buying as were traveling from the UK we'd need to hire them for a month (for the cruise wedding and party back home), so buying them was cheaper.
So they get to keep them, as well as all of the accessories such as shirt, tie, cufflinks etc
That is very nice of your FIL.
Myrtle Beach, SC
13 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
How nice of your FIL to purchase the suits!! Did anyone know Yankee Candle makes personalized wedding candles? I saw it on pinterest and may look into it. Just not sure if the guest would like it
Liverpool, ENGLAND
263 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
I know, we're very lucky!!

Originally posted by Beachgirl71092
How nice of your FIL to purchase the suits!! Did anyone know Yankee Candle makes personalized wedding candles? I saw it on pinterest and may look into it. Just not sure if the guest would like it
Didnt know they made personalised ones but I did know they made 'wedding day' ones xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Idaho
113 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
I am looking at luggage tags shaped in the form of a cruise ship. I plan on doing a card and sending them to our guests a week before we sail so they can use them for the trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Freedom of the Seas 10/2012
Star Princess 05/2012
Disney Magic 01/2011
Diamond Princess 06/2010
Emerald Princess 01/2010
Norwegian Dawn 01/2009
Costa Mediterranea 01/08, 01/07, 01/06
Serenade of the Seas 08/07
Carribean Princess 05/05
Carnival Elation 06/99
Dawn Princess 04/98
Disney Big Red Boat 05/93
Ithaca, NY
60 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I ordered my dress, daughter's dress, tiara's and favors from light in the box and it was totally fine! My favors are personalize compasses that look like little ship wheels. They are really cute. I would do business with light in the box again in a heartbeat. They are in China but it was a very smooth transaction.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Philadelphia
1,314 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
We donated money to two organizations that mean a lot to our families. Truth of the matter is that since we didn't have assigned seats and relied on the coordinator to set things up, it would have been pointless to have favors, not many people would have taken them anyway.

If we had guests who were sailing with us (and spending money on the cruise to be with us) I had planned a tote bag with a newsletter I created, suntan lotion, flip flops, and a kit with band-aids/anti-acids/sea sick meds.
Ringwood, nj
28 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I was thinking of keepsakes rather than trinkets and gifts. Like glass vials that people can put sand and seashells in. I just need to find some sort of box or something so they do not break.

Does anyone know what is allowedbas farvas things you bring back?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thornton, ON
71 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
We are not doing a cruise wedding, cruise is the honeymoon the day after the wedding, but our favours will be:
Homemade sucre à la crème (it's a french canadian sweet similar to fudge) with a tag attached indicating that we've made a donation to our preferred charity