Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old November 29th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Norwegian's Breakaway Studios

If the Epic is a huge success with the solo studio concept, why is the Breakaway will only have 59 as oppose to 128 studios on the Epic? Will the breakaway still have the studio lounge and the 6 or 6:30 solo meeting?

Old November 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

I wondered the same thing. Perhaps it was a success in that they are filled quickly but maybe it just didn't bring in the revenue they expected.

Old November 29th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I noticed that on the deckplans in the brochure. And was wondering the same thing about why so many less studios than Epic. However on the deck plan for Breakaway in the brochure there is a studio lounge. So probably same amenities will be there.

Im looking forward to my first studio on Epic next year! So hopefully will be able to snag one on the Breakaway after that.

Old December 4th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

I had a fantastic time on the epic- but with 59 studios vs 128, would it be as enjoyable? Hit or miss i guess

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I wonder if these studios will be more expensive because there are less of them. I really dont think they are that much less than a regular inside at 200pc/solo. There may be a slight saving, at least that is my experience with the studio that I have booked on Epic; the studio is just over 100 less than an inside room. It is a saving though, and that is really all Im after. I like to meet other people on a cruise, but I dont care if they are solo, couples, families etc. I hope that NCL is not finding these solo studios a revenue loss, and therefore making less of them, and eventually not offering them, as it is those studios that enticed me over to NCL from Carnival. NCL please dont stop making studios on your ships.

Old December 5th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

I wonder if the plans for Breakaway were already approved before they were able to see how successful the studios on Epic were?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NCL Epic 9/28 - 10/5 Mediterranean
NCL Sky 9/13-16/2013 Bahamas - Last minute getaway!
NCL Epic 4/13-20/2013 Eastern Caribbean
NCL Jade -
9/22-29/2012 Greek Isles
NCL Pearl -
12/4-11/2011 Western Caribbean
RCI Sovereign of the Seas - 3/10-14/2008 Bahamas
Celebrity Millenium- 2002 - Alaska

Old December 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSACE6 View Post
I wonder if these studios will be more expensive because there are less of them. I really dont think they are that much less than a regular inside at 200pc/solo. There may be a slight saving, at least that is my experience with the studio that I have booked on Epic; the studio is just over 100 less than an inside room. It is a saving though, and that is really all Im after. I like to meet other people on a cruise, but I dont care if they are solo, couples, families etc. I hope that NCL is not finding these solo studios a revenue loss, and therefore making less of them, and eventually not offering them, as it is those studios that enticed me over to NCL from Carnival. NCL please dont stop making studios on your ships.
Beacause the Breakaway is new- was priced of course much higher.
Think my total was $999 + perhaps another $340 for insurance and port charges ~ $1340 as my balance due is $1,090 ($250 from credit purchased)

I hope i like it as much as the Epic, i am enthused it is a little different, I would assume if I went on the Epic again I would do the shows less and spend more time outside in the evenings

Old December 19th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardK View Post
Beacause the Breakaway is new- was priced of course much higher.
Think my total was $999 + perhaps another $340 for insurance and port charges ~ $1340 as my balance due is $1,090 ($250 from credit purchased)

I hope i like it as much as the Epic, i am enthused it is a little different, I would assume if I went on the Epic again I would do the shows less and spend more time outside in the evenings
The other breakaway advantage is I heard she stole slam Allan from the epic for breakaways jazz lounge!
2-13-13 RCCL Adventure of the Seas
2-13 NCL Epic
2-12 NCL Epic
7-28-12 serenade of the Seas dream Med 12 day cruise
4-18-11 Majesty of the Seas
4-12 Princess
4-13-09 Majesty of the Seas
4-21-08 Majesty of the Seas
3-31-07 Radiance of the Seas
4-8-06 Jewel of the Seas
4-12-03 Radiance of the Seas
4-12-03 Radiance of the Seas
2-02 Carnival Paradise (billed a no smoking ship!)