Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Private Area > Archive - large threads

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old December 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by christalannbutler View Post
I'm joining this group a little late! I just booked last night. Can't wait to get onboard!
Glad to have you joining us christalannbutler - I am just guessing that your names might be Chris and Ann? How close did I get.

I want to share with you - do not believe Marty. I am the ONLY one on this roll call that's NOT crazy. I am suspecting that Marty is the head nut but you didn't hear that from me .

Actually we all have a few screws loose - I think we should name this roll call The Nuts n Honey. Did you all get that??? I am laughing out loud.

Dee, son Anthony and his service dog HONEY - still laughing

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default leprechauns????

Hey where are all my leprechauns??? I am missing y'all (yes I am a southern belle - remember). Are you sleeping thru the winter? Are you getting ready for Christmas or do you Australians celebrate some other pagen holiday?

Wake up, wake up

Your almost Australian mate ,
Dee
And yes I know wallabys have 9 toes on each foot and Koalas are born ambidextrous. You thought I wasn't doing my homework didn't you?

Old December 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveboat1977 View Post
Hey where are all my leprechauns??? I am missing y'all (yes I am a southern belle - remember). Are you sleeping thru the winter? Are you getting ready for Christmas or do you Australians celebrate some other pagen holiday?

Wake up, wake up

Your almost Australian mate ,
Dee
And yes I know wallabys have 9 toes on each foot and Koalas are born ambidextrous. You thought I wasn't doing my homework didn't you?
Now that "all y'all" have gone off Daylight Saving Time, and we True Blue Ockers have gone onto it, the Leprechauns are all confused about what time it is and therefore when it is that we should be posting on CC.

And yes, it is not uncommon for Aussies to do "Christmas in July" because ruddy December is just too flamin' hot for anything except drinking beer!!

It must be the North American Wallaby that has 9 toes on each foot. The Oz-Tray-Yan version (of which there are at least 44 separate types) only has 3 toes on each hind foot and the second and third toe are joined together - so they can use it like a comb.

And as for koalas being ambidextrous, maybe it's because they're "high" all the time. The leaves they eat are a narcotic to them. But they certainly do know which hand is their left hand - that's the one with the wedding ring on it!!

Keep them "you beaut" facts a-coming!!

Mr Aussie Bill

First Cruise: October 1948, N'Awlins to Colón, Panama, on the Great White Fleet of the United Fruit Company.

Last edited by ozpilot; December 5th, 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Old December 5th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Welcome aboard! Exciting just got good deal on out bound flight from uk (with miles)and accommodation. unfortunately return flight are mega $$$'s .

2 options wait for price to drop in January sails of stow away on the royal!

Stu K

Old December 5th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Welcome aboard! Exciting just got good deal on out bound flight from uk (with miles)and accommodation. unfortunately return flight are mega $$$'s .

2 options wait for price to drop in January sails of stow away on the royal!

Stu K

Old December 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Things have been crazy at work so I haven"t been able to check in for a while. I just want to thank everyone for not posting too much while I was busy. It wasn't too hard to catch up this time.

Welcome to anyone I haven't welcomed before. We're always glad to have more people on this roll call.

I think Dee has hit the nail on the head...The Nuts and Honey is the perfect name for this group. Dee, I don't care what the Australians say...you're an absolute genius!!!

Celebrity Horizon - Full Caribbean - 3/1998
Celebrity Summit - Panama Canal - 4/2002
Celebrity Infinity - Mediterranean - 3/2005
Caribbean Princess - Eastern Caribbean - 4/2007
Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera - 4/2008
Caribbean Princess - Southern Caribbean - 5/2009
Crown Princess - Western Caribbean - 4/2010
Golden Princess - Alaska - 9/2011
Golden Princess - Hawaii - 4/2012
Sapphire Princess - Coastal - 5/2013
Royal Princess - Inaugural Caribbean - 10/2013
Golden Princess - Santiago to LA - 3/2014
Emerald Princess - London to Houston - 10/2014
Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera - 4/2015

Old December 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks, Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasa1974 View Post
WOW, a B2B2B. Have a great time. You will be Royal experts and can show your DS & DBiL all the neat hidding places.

Marty
We said exactly the same thing!!! DS and DBIL are doing a 5 day land tour along with a 14 day cruise which is very port intensive. They are looking forward to a week on the new Royal especially since they have an advance team!!

As for the two of us, I love to snorkel and hang out on the beach and Howard doesn't care where he is as long as he is on a ship!!!

Welcome to so many newcomers. This is going to be a really fun time!

Cheers, Denise
Fond Memories: "Old" GOLDEN Princess SF RT Alaska 6/96, GRAND Princess Inaugural Transatlantic 9/98, SEA Princess Hawaii to Vancouver 5/01, REGAL Princess SF to NYC 8/04, CORAL Princess FLL to SF 5/06, DIAMOND Princess Mexican Riviera 11/06, HAL MAASDAM Southern Caribbean Wayfarer 10/07, HAL MAASDAM Southern Caribbean Wayfarer 3/08, DAWN Princess SF RT Alaska 6/08, STAR Princess SF RT Mexican Riviera 4/09, HAL WESTERDAMSouthern/Eastern Caribbean 10/09, GRAND Princess Caribbean Collection 3/10, OOSTERDAM Mexican Riviera 1/11 SAPPHIRE Princess LA RT South Pacific 10-11/2011 STAR Princess SF RT Mexican Riviera 4/2012 ROYAL Princess Maiden Caribbean 10-29/2013 ROYAL Princess B2B Caribbean 11/2013 GRAND Princess RT SF/Hawaii 1/2014

CRUISE PHOTO GALLERIES: click here

Sydney to LA - Our #1 Bucket List Cruise!

Old December 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingJs View Post
Things have been crazy at work so I haven"t been able to check in for a while. I just want to thank everyone for not posting too much while I was busy. It wasn't too hard to catch up this time.

Welcome to anyone I haven't welcomed before. We're always glad to have more people on this roll call.

I think Dee has hit the nail on the head...The Nuts and Honey is the perfect name for this group. Dee, I don't care what the Australians say...you're an absolute genius!!!
OK you are my new BFF - Bill has NEVER called me a GENIUS.

AND what exactly are those Australians saying - I thought they were all my mates.

Laughing
Dee

Old December 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hello everyone

OY OY OY.......So glad to be here and finally join the "Nuts & Honey" group. I just spent the past week reading all 1968 posts but was determined to get through them all before I posted. (I can understand your plight Marty) This is all Dee's fault. She convinced me to read this roll call and of course, how could I read the entire roll call and not want to join all of you fun-loving people? My name is Judy and my DH is Arthur. We are already booked on the Royal Maiden TA right before this cruise and look forward to meeting Craig and Barb and the rest of ya'al that are also on the TA. After reading this entire roll call I already feel like I know everyone.....sorta. We definitely want to be included in the M & G and the gift exchange. The Pub crawl is still "up in the air."

I know there is at least one other Packer fan in this group and my husband is a huge Packer fan. I lived in Colorado and am a loyal Bronco fan. Dee, we both also love the 49ers.

I look forward to becoming quite active on this roll call and give another shout out to my new BFF Dee for all her help and phone chat.

Judy from Punta Gorda, Fl.

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemnibabe View Post
OY OY OY.......So glad to be here and finally join the "Nuts & Honey" group. I just spent the past week reading all 1968 posts but was determined to get through them all before I posted. (I can understand your plight Marty) This is all Dee's fault. She convinced me to read this roll call and of course, how could I read the entire roll call and not want to join all of you fun-loving people? My name is Judy and my DH is Arthur. We are already booked on the Royal Maiden TA right before this cruise and look forward to meeting Craig and Barb and the rest of ya'al that are also on the TA. After reading this entire roll call I already feel like I know everyone.....sorta. We definitely want to be included in the M & G and the gift exchange. The Pub crawl is still "up in the air."

I know there is at least one other Packer fan in this group and my husband is a huge Packer fan. I lived in Colorado and am a loyal Bronco fan. Dee, we both also love the 49ers.

I look forward to becoming quite active on this roll call and give another shout out to my new BFF Dee for all her help and phone chat.

Welcome, welcome, welcome to this roll call Judy and Art. So glad you decided to join us on this sailing, of course you were pretty easy - to talk into it that is LOL This is such a great group. We are going to have such a good time on this have to keep him busy or he might get naughty.
Another BFF, I take my BFFs very serious and always happy to add another.
BUT you must be a little nuts to be part of this roll call - hence The Nuts and Honey, laughing

Dee

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Glad to have you joining us christalannbutler - I am just guessing that your names might be Chris and Ann? How close did I get.

I want to share with you - do not believe Marty. I am the ONLY one on this roll call that's NOT crazy. I am suspecting that Marty is the head nut but you didn't hear that from me .

Actually we all have a few screws loose - I think we should name this roll call The Nuts n Honey. Did you all get that??? I am laughing out loud.

Dee, son Anthony and his service dog HONEY - still laughing
Dee, If we call this roll call "Nuts and Honey" then you have officially classified yourself as one of the nuts......... WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Marty
Oct 2012, Island Princess - Panama Canal
Sep 2011, CCL Legend - Western Caribbean
Dec 2010, HAL Eurodam - Eastern Caribbean
May 2009, NCL Pride of America - Hawaii
May 2007, Diamond Princess - Alaska

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Judy and Arthur welcome aboard. You actually read all the posts before you posted. I'm impressed. I hope the Pub Crawl doesn't create a bunch of drunks getting on the ship but I think the price is great just for the tour part of it. Plus hanging with some really nice people is a plus. Enjoy your TransAtlantic and we hope to hear some interesting stories from you two and the others that are doing the TA with you.

Marty & Sue

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

A big welcome to Judy and Arthur. We are also on the TA cruise, but I don't post there very much. Love this friendly group we have here. Yes I am a 49r fan but also like the Broncos. Our SIL is from Colorado, so have to like the Broncos. Anyways,just got a new computer that has a touch pad.So doing this without a mouse is hard to get use to. Besides, I'm not too computer saavy as Dee knows this well. But I do try

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Welcome, welcome, welcome to this roll call Judy and Art. So glad you decided to join us on this sailing, of course you were pretty easy - to talk into it that is LOL This is such a great group. We are going to have such a good time on this have to keep him busy or he might get naughty.
Another BFF, I take my BFFs very serious and always happy to add another.
BUT you must be a little nuts to be part of this roll call - hence The Nuts and Honey, laughing

Dee
Judy - OK this did not make sense at all - what I meant to say was......
We are going to have such a good great time on this cruise. Post often so we keep Marty busy or he has to much time on his hands and gets naughty.
I guess I did not check myself before hitting submit .

Marty - of course I am admitting I'm one of the nuts but only because you have convinced me but you are still the head nut .

Dee - one of the lowly nuts

Old December 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Janice, you didn't just call Dee a genius. An honorary Australian and a genius. What have you done. Now we will never be able to get her down out of the clouds.

Marty

Old December 5th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Wow are we growing. We are about 60 strong. I haven't added the new folks to my spreadsheet yet so it is a strong guess. I'm about 30 posts behind. Once I get the newbees on board I will post all the names (of the ones that have shared) and their home towns.

Also, if anyone would like to share your cabin number I will post the decks and locations for information purposes only. But I am trying to get a cabin crawl coordinated since the Royal is a new ship and the cabins will be interesting to see. I do have a few volunteers already.

Marty

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Welcome Aboard

Quote:

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie !! (to go with your "OY OY OY....")

Welcome aboard Judy & Arthur. Totally Excellent that you read all the posts. That's above & beyond the call of duty!! Especially since so many of the posts were put there by "nuts". This is indeed one lively board imbued with a great sense of play and fun.

And yep, Dee makes a good BFF - even if she's "AA" (that's "Almost an Aussie", not A..... Anonymous!).

Roll on, October 29 !!

Bill & Joan

First Cruise: October 1948, N'Awlins to Colón, Panama, on the Great White Fleet of the United Fruit Company.

Last edited by ozpilot; December 6th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Quote:
OK you are my new BFF - Bill has NEVER called me a GENIUS.

AND what exactly are those Australians saying - I thought they were all my mates.

Laughing
Dee
Hang on there Dee, I've called you lots of other things - doesn't that count for something ?!?

Bill

Old December 6th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Welcome Aboard

And welcome aboard to anyone I have missed out on in the last few weeks. We've been away and only just got back home. Still trying to catch up on everything.

This here cruise gonna be a good 'un.

Bill

Old December 6th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Cabin Crawl

Yes please to the cabin crawl! I would love to see some of the other cabins on the Royal. I'm a travel agent and I've never been on a Princess Cruise before so I'd love that.

If anyone wants to see a interior you're welcome to view mine, haha. I'm deathly afraid of heights so I'm a no-go on balconies but I am on the waitlist for the obstructed balconies so I have a little natural light coming in (I'm not liking this new trend of no oceanview cabins on newer ships). If you see anyone on the top decks during the cruise avoiding looking over the edge and holding on to the railing for dear life feel free to say hi to me.

As always I love reading everyone's posts... very glad this is such an active board with fun people

-Shel
2012... RCCL... Rhapsody of the Seas (11 night Hawaii)
2013... PCL... Sapphire Princess (7 night Mexico)
2013... PCL... Golden Princess (3 night Mexico)
2014... PCL... Sapphire Princess (3 Night Mexico)
2014... PCL... Crown Princess (7 night Alaska)