Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Luxury Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Luxury Cruising Is it a state of mind?

Discussion to include, but not limited to: Abercrombie & Kent • American Safari • Aqua Expeditions • Azamara • Bora Bora Cruises • Compagnie du Ponant • Cruise Asia Ltd. • Crystal • Cunard • French Country Waterways • Go Barging • Hapag-Lloyd • Hebridean • Heritage Line • Lindblad Expeditions • Oberoi Group • Oceania • Orion Expedition Cruises • Paul Gauguin Cruises • Regent Seven Seas • Sea Cloud Cruises • Seabourn • SeaDream • Silversea • Star Clippers • Travel Dynamics • Uniworld • Windstar

Old December 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Joining a cruise at second port???

Is it possible to join a cruise after the first port of embarkation? We are looking at cruises from Mumbai to Singapore, our preferred route, because will will be spending time in Mumbai prior to that. Several lines have cruises from Dubai to Singapore with Mumbai being the second port, but we do not want to embark at Dubai.

The cruise lines we are looking at are small ship luxury lines such as Seabourn, Azamara, Seven Seas.

thanks for any info

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Thumbs down I had same thought,,but

when I asked my TA he said,would have to pay for WHOLE cruise,,not a portion and ea.ship,country,etc.had different rules as to boarding mid cruise.So NO easy answer,was looking at similar lines too.
Try finding one you like, contact lines directly,and and for THEIR specifics.
I gave up on the idea..too much hassle.Will just see Istanbul again,,much to enjoy no matter times been there,right?

Old December 9th, 2012, 09:37 AM
50,000+ Club

It is possible but it does vary by not only cruise line but by itinerary.

Your best bet is to find the specific itinerary you desire including cruise line and contact them directly. If they confirm you can do this I would ask for this in writing.

Keith