Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Eco & Expedition Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old January 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Galapagos-Lindblad or Celebrity

am trying to decide between the two lines. Lindblad is more expensive but has glass bottom boats which is an advantage for my grandfather who is fit but not interested in snorkeling. I'm wondering how the food is on either of these lines (we have sailed Celebrity at least 15 times). If you have been on either could you please reply and tell me why you chose the line you went on? Does the National Geographic name on Lindblad really make it worth over $1000 pp more than Celebrity? thank you in advance.
CruiseChick00

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 22nd, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Lindblad vs Celebrity in Galapagos

I have been on both options. Lindblad's father started cruise tourisim in Galapagos. The partnership with National Geographic gives their cruises an element of education that you won't find on Celebrity. More cultural immersion with Lindblad. The Endeavor does have the glass bottom boat which is great if you don't snorkle. Galapagos is magical no matter how you visit.

You might want to check your prices and make sure you have apples to apples. Celebrity breaks up their cruise in pieces whereas Lindblad is the 10 day program. Lindblad has some free air dates through June that save good money.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

Definitely Lindblad is more but the Endeavor was just rated #2 on the conde nast list of small ships. I think we have decided on Lindblad. There are no specials as we are planning for xmas 2013. Thank you.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Actually, I mis-spoke. The Endeavor is #3 on the new Conde Nast list but still a nice ranking.

Old October 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Information is good. I don't have more knowledge about cruising.

Old October 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can we also evaluate Celebrity's Xpedition to the other two being compared?

Old December 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am curious to hear a response from a single supplement traveler. I have elite captains club status with Celebrity, but am considering Lindblad as I understand some of their Galapagos bound ships carry single-only rooms (at single-only prices.) The thought of a Celebrity Expedition inside-cabin single-supplement price is enough to make me shudder.

Has anyone monitoring this thread traveled either option as a single-supplement traveler and can give their review to the Lindblad single rooms?

Cheers, thanks.

12/2009 - Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean 10-day
7/2010 - Holland America Veendam Bermuda 7-day
12/2010 - Celebrity Infinity Miami to South America via the Panama Canal reposition
09/2011 - Celebrity Century Alaska and San Francisco reposition
01/2012 - Celebrity Millenium 2-day Bahamas (it'll give me 10 points in Capts Club... what can I say?)
03/2012 - Celebrity Solstice Southern Caribbean

Planned:
12/2012 - US Inaugural Celebrity Reflections back-to-back with Reflections eastern Caribbean