Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old December 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Scuba girl taxi help please

Can anyhelp I lost a prev thread. I need a taxi or poss 2 to take us from the welcome center to the location of the blue lagoon boat.

Time:10:00 AMDescription:You will need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal located in between the two bridges at the entrance to Paradise Island. It is located 5 - 8 minutes away via taxi cab.
We will have 2 scooters with our party, 5 persons..Can I make arrangements ahead of time and with whom??

Old December 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

If you have small scooters and can walk a few steps, I would suggest taking the ferry across. Please refer to post #27 on this thread for all the details. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1262694&highlight=ferry+atlantis As you come out of the terminal, just veer to the right (toward the Straw Market), The ferry is right at the end of the terminal area.

Accessible Bahamas does provide transportation, but I do not know anything about them. http://accessiblebahamas.com/index.html

Betty
Past cruises: Splendour OTS (Med) 11/01, Voyager OTS (Caribbean) 11/02, Majesty OTS (Bahamas) 1/03, Nordic Empress (Caribbean) 3/03, Oosterdam (Baltic) 7/03, Horizon (W Caribbean) 12/03, Horizon (E Caribbean) 2/04, Jasmine (Nile) 5/04, Empress OTS (S Caribbean) 12/04, Opera (E Med) 4/05, Maasdam (St Lawrence) 6/05, Sapphire Princess (Mexico) 12/05, Regal Princess (Amazon) 4/06, Rotterdam (Black Sea) 10/06, Rotterdam (Med) 10/06, Sun Princess (Caribbean) 1/07, Magica (TA) 5/07, Island Princess (Panama Canal east) 10/07, Mercury (So Pacific) 3/08 , Mercury (Hawaii) 3/08, Century (W Med) 11/08; Legend OTS (Asia) 4/09; Legend OTS (Asia) 5/09; Legend OTS (Mid East) 5/09; Rotterdam (Baltic) 8/09; Volendam (Japan) 10/09; Poesia (Caribbean) 1/10; Summit (Bermuda) 5/10; Concordia (W Med) 10/10; Century (TA) 10/10; Oasis OTS (W. Caribbean) 9/11; Carnival Valor (E. Caribbean) 9/11; Carnival Valor (W. Caribbean) 9/11; NCL Sky (Bahamas) 9/11; Majesty OTS (Bahamas) 9/11; Carnival Imagination (W. Caribbean)10/11; NCL Spirit (W. Caribbean) 10/11; Maasdam (Atlantic Coast/St. Lawrence) 4/12; NCL Jade (Med/Holy Land) 2/13; Infinity 10/13 (Western Europe); Liberty OTS 10/13 (Transatlantic); Maasdam 1/14 (S Caribbean), NCL Gem 9/14(Bahamas); Carnival Splendor 9/14 (New England); Carnival Pride 9/14 (Bahamas); Carnival Paradise 10/14 (Caribbean); NCL Star 10/14 (Panama Canal west);

Old December 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by resq2u View Post
Can anyhelp I lost a prev thread. I need a taxi or poss 2 to take us from the welcome center to the location of the blue lagoon boat.

Time:10:00 AMDescription:You will need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal located in between the two bridges at the entrance to Paradise Island. It is located 5 - 8 minutes away via taxi cab.
We will have 2 scooters with our party, 5 persons..Can I make arrangements ahead of time and with whom??
Accessible transportation -- Courtesy Taxi -- email gerardblewis@hotmail.com -- very pleasant, wonderful service and IT ON THE ISLAND. Different size vehicles -- tell him NY said hi. Vicki