Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old November 1st, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Best Ever

Thank you thank you thank you. You have my life so much easier now.

Old November 12th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Thank You for this. This will come in handy!

Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thank you

This budget planner is really helpul. Its helping me put everything in perspective. I love the feature of how much we have to save each because we are paying for the wedding ourselves and it puts everything into perspective. Im glad I still work out cheaper

Old November 23rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks. Glad you're finding it useful. I'm thinking about doing a version 2.0 so anything you would like to see added or changed, please let me know!

Sailed!:
Crown Princess ~ Western Caribbean ~ 4/14/2012 - 4/21/2012 (Wedding Cruise!) Photos Here!
Explorer of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ 2/24/2013 - 3/05/2013 Review Here!

Old December 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

OMG,JulieRose, I just looked at your graphs. It looks great and so thorough! Somehow my DD and her fiancee have to consolidate all your items into 4 months, just they just got engaged and want to get married in April on Princess. There are only 12-14 people max going to be there, so we can cut out some of the stuff. Thanks so much.
There are so few brides using Princess,but I haven't gone through all the posts yet. We are Platinum on Princess and have also cruised on NCL RCCL and Carnival. To us, Princess was a no-brainer. You'll love what they do!! Congratulations...

Old December 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Awesome Planning Tool-Thank you so much!

Thanks JulieRose!

I will be getting married on the Conquest April 22, 2012 and your spreadsheet will probably save me from certain disaster. I only began planning this week and I am completely unfamiliar with wedding planning in any way.

I don't think I will have any sailing guests so I am hoping that makes my planning easier (and less expensive) but I still have sooooo much to do.

Thanks again for your wonderful spreadsheet!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieRose View Post
http://www.black-ring.net/wedding.html

Hope this helps! Please don't forget to let me know what you think!
LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing!
Carnival Ecstasy 11/07
Disney Wonder Jan 2008
Carnival Ecstasy June 2008
Carnival Glory August 2008
Carnival Conquest November 2008
Carnival Ecstasy January 2010
Carnival Triumph July 2010
Disney Dream February 2011
Carnival Sensation March 2011 Platinum!
Carnival Splendor June 2011
Carnival Triumph November 2011
Carnival Magic August 2012
Carnival Triumph October 2012 Vow Renewal
Carnival Magic February 2013
Carnival Magic November 2013

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hey everybody,
I've seen a lot of people asking for budget advice so here's the budget I've been using in a downloadable excel file. The file is fully automated to total your expenses, subtract the cash you already have saved and have put down as deposits and tell you how much you'll have to save per paycheck or week to have the wedding of your dreams. (All of my info is removed of course so you can just start your own budgeting.) Also included are worksheets for your guest list and the 12 month countdown checklist I've been using.

Please read the info on the first page! If you have any questions or problems my contact info is there. (if you cannot download the file using the instructions on the site, you can choose to open the file with excel and then save it.)

http://www.black-ring.net/wedding.html

Hope this helps! Please don't forget to let me know what you think!
I wanted to thank you for this. This is amazing!! I am in the process of just starting to plan a cruise wedding and this is going to be very helpful for me.

Great Job, much appreciated

Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey everybody! Glad you're still finding this useful. We just returned from our cruise wedding today and I think I learned a lot about some things that maybe should be tweaked and ways to make the spreadsheet better. There were some expenses that I feel like I left off, so once i have a better idea of exactly what they are, I will post an update.

Sailed!:
Crown Princess ~ Western Caribbean ~ 4/14/2012 - 4/21/2012 (Wedding Cruise!) Photos Here!

Old April 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks!! My niece is thinking of a cruise wedding so I am going to pass your spreadsheet on to her. I am sure it will be a HUGE help.

Congrats on your marriage!!!!

Old April 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hey everybody! Glad you're still finding this useful. We just returned from our cruise wedding today and I think I learned a lot about some things that maybe should be tweaked and ways to make the spreadsheet better. There were some expenses that I feel like I left off, so once i have a better idea of exactly what they are, I will post an update.
Hi, Congratulations on your marriage I was wondering if you could help me...I am in the process of trying to plan for my own wedding cruise......was it everything you imagined and more? Did it end up costing you more than you had expected? Did you get married through the cruise line or did you go with an independent wedding planner? Sorry for all the questions but I am really nervous about having things work out. This will also be my first cruise, as well as most of my guests first cruise

Thanks in advance

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just saw this!!! This is great, thanks!

Old May 21st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaluvsmark View Post
Hi, Congratulations on your marriage I was wondering if you could help me...I am in the process of trying to plan for my own wedding cruise......was it everything you imagined and more? Did it end up costing you more than you had expected? Did you get married through the cruise line or did you go with an independent wedding planner? Sorry for all the questions but I am really nervous about having things work out. This will also be my first cruise, as well as most of my guests first cruise

Thanks in advance
Sorry, I just saw this. I haven't really been checking this forum because, no, it was not everything I imagined and more, it was a giant mess. All total the wedding, cruise, spending money, everything came out to about $15,000 which is about what we expected. We got married through Princess and based on our experience, I would not recommend it unless you are sure that you are the only wedding that day. I think a big part of the problem with our wedding was that there were 3 others that day so the coordinator, the captain and other support staff were all rushing to get through them all. The coordinator was terrible and disappeared almost immediately after the ceremony. The best part of the day was the photographer who kept everything going after the coordinator vanished. He was wonderful and got some really nice shots.

Here's a link to our pics. http://www.mywedding.com/jessiandsco..._20923962.html

Sailed!:

Old May 21st, 2012, 09:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
All total the wedding, cruise, spending money, everything came out to about $15,000 which is about what we expected.
Wow... You are making me feel better about the choices I made for our wedding. Sorry that it wasn't exactly what you had hoped for, but glad the photographer was able to be a help.

Majesty of the Seas - sailed 10/12/1997

Old October 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Is there an update for this? Unfortunately, I keep getting an error when I try to open it. And everyone's comments are really making me want to see it!!!

Old November 1st, 2012, 09:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Can you email me your pictures and any other recommendations you have? KimberliSKlein@gmail.com

I am doing an onshore ceremony in St. Thomas and a reception on the boat after!

TYSM!

I downloaded your spreadsheet and look forward to using it!

Old November 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you so much. I just downloaded and when I get home from work will look at it. That was really nice of you and very timely for me.

Old January 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am a 2013 bride and very thankful for your kind and generous time offering of your excel spreadsheet! So much work, and certainly a guide towards many things I may not have considered. Appreciate it. Thanks again!

Old January 12th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Julie rose this was amazing - thank u!! Hey do u have the document you made w ur sample pictures that you are giving to the photographer? Id love to see it!!

Old January 16th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thank you!!!!

THANK YOU!!! This is FANTASTIC!!! You REALLY thought of EVERYTHING!!!!