Cruise Wedding Budget (Downloadable Excel File)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:14 PM.
Brooklyn, NY
21 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
This budget planner is really helpul. Its helping me put everything in perspective. I love the feature of how much we have to save each because we are paying for the wedding ourselves and it puts everything into perspective. Im glad I still work out cheaper
Stuart, FL
1,440 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Thanks. Glad you're finding it useful. I'm thinking about doing a version 2.0 so anything you would like to see added or changed, please let me know!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked!:

Sailed!:
Crown Princess ~ Western Caribbean ~ 4/14/2012 - 4/21/2012 (Wedding Cruise!) Photos Here!
Explorer of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ 2/24/2013 - 3/05/2013 (Second Honeymoon Cruise!) Review Here!
Nieuw Amsterdam ~ Western Caribbean 12/15/2013 - 12/22/2013 (3 Generations at Sea!)
Anthem of the Seas ~ Bahamas ~ 12/12/2015 - 12/19/2015 (Graduation Cruise)
Upstate New York
262 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
OMG,JulieRose, I just looked at your graphs. It looks great and so thorough! Somehow my DD and her fiancee have to consolidate all your items into 4 months, just they just got engaged and want to get married in April on Princess. There are only 12-14 people max going to be there, so we can cut out some of the stuff. Thanks so much.
There are so few brides using Princess,but I haven't gone through all the posts yet. We are Platinum on Princess and have also cruised on NCL RCCL and Carnival. To us, Princess was a no-brainer. You'll love what they do!! Congratulations...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]
New Orleans, LA
21 Posts
Joined Sep 2011
Thanks JulieRose!

I will be getting married on the Conquest April 22, 2012 and your spreadsheet will probably save me from certain disaster. I only began planning this week and I am completely unfamiliar with wedding planning in any way.

I don't think I will have any sailing guests so I am hoping that makes my planning easier (and less expensive) but I still have sooooo much to do.

Thanks again for your wonderful spreadsheet!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sarah
Mandeville, LA

Canada
2 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by JulieRose
Hey everybody,
I've seen a lot of people asking for budget advice so here's the budget I've been using in a downloadable excel file. The file is fully automated to total your expenses, subtract the cash you already have saved and have put down as deposits and tell you how much you'll have to save per paycheck or week to have the wedding of your dreams. (All of my info is removed of course so you can just start your own budgeting.) Also included are worksheets for your guest list and the 12 month countdown checklist I've been using.

Please read the info on the first page! If you have any questions or problems my contact info is there. (if you cannot download the file using the instructions on the site, you can choose to open the file with excel and then save it.)

http://www.black-ring.net/wedding.html

Hope this helps! Please don't forget to let me know what you think!
I wanted to thank you for this. This is amazing!! I am in the process of just starting to plan a cruise wedding and this is going to be very helpful for me.

Great Job, much appreciated
Stuart, FL
1,440 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Hey everybody! Glad you're still finding this useful. We just returned from our cruise wedding today and I think I learned a lot about some things that maybe should be tweaked and ways to make the spreadsheet better. There were some expenses that I feel like I left off, so once i have a better idea of exactly what they are, I will post an update.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked!:

Sailed!:
Crown Princess ~ Western Caribbean ~ 4/14/2012 - 4/21/2012 (Wedding Cruise!) Photos Here!
Explorer of the Seas ~ Eastern Caribbean ~ 2/24/2013 - 3/05/2013 (Second Honeymoon Cruise!) Review Here!
Nieuw Amsterdam ~ Western Caribbean 12/15/2013 - 12/22/2013 (3 Generations at Sea!)
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Thanks!! My niece is thinking of a cruise wedding so I am going to pass your spreadsheet on to her. I am sure it will be a HUGE help.

Congrats on your marriage!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Spirit 03/24/03
Norwegian Sky 01/02
Canada
2 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Hey everybody! Glad you're still finding this useful. We just returned from our cruise wedding today and I think I learned a lot about some things that maybe should be tweaked and ways to make the spreadsheet better. There were some expenses that I feel like I left off, so once i have a better idea of exactly what they are, I will post an update.
Hi, Congratulations on your marriage I was wondering if you could help me...I am in the process of trying to plan for my own wedding cruise......was it everything you imagined and more? Did it end up costing you more than you had expected? Did you get married through the cruise line or did you go with an independent wedding planner? Sorry for all the questions but I am really nervous about having things work out. This will also be my first cruise, as well as most of my guests first cruise

Thanks in advance
Stuart, FL
1,440 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by lisaluvsmark
Hi, Congratulations on your marriage I was wondering if you could help me...I am in the process of trying to plan for my own wedding cruise......was it everything you imagined and more? Did it end up costing you more than you had expected? Did you get married through the cruise line or did you go with an independent wedding planner? Sorry for all the questions but I am really nervous about having things work out. This will also be my first cruise, as well as most of my guests first cruise

Thanks in advance
Sorry, I just saw this. I haven't really been checking this forum because, no, it was not everything I imagined and more, it was a giant mess. All total the wedding, cruise, spending money, everything came out to about $15,000 which is about what we expected. We got married through Princess and based on our experience, I would not recommend it unless you are sure that you are the only wedding that day. I think a big part of the problem with our wedding was that there were 3 others that day so the coordinator, the captain and other support staff were all rushing to get through them all. The coordinator was terrible and disappeared almost immediately after the ceremony. The best part of the day was the photographer who kept everything going after the coordinator vanished. He was wonderful and got some really nice shots.

Here's a link to our pics. http://www.mywedding.com/jessiandsco..._20923962.html
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Booked!:

Sailed!:
Orlando, FL
363 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
All total the wedding, cruise, spending money, everything came out to about $15,000 which is about what we expected.
Wow... You are making me feel better about the choices I made for our wedding. Sorry that it wasn't exactly what you had hoped for, but glad the photographer was able to be a help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Didi C

Carnival Paradise - sailed 5/13/2013 - Wedding 5/15/2013

Majesty of the Seas - sailed 10/12/1997
Wisconsin
217 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Is there an update for this? Unfortunately, I keep getting an error when I try to open it. And everyone's comments are really making me want to see it!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Kacie

121 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
I am a 2013 bride and very thankful for your kind and generous time offering of your excel spreadsheet! So much work, and certainly a guide towards many things I may not have considered. Appreciate it. Thanks again!