Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Kamusta1, thank you I feel better.

vasoxfann, I can give you my experience so far. I felt like it took them a long time to contact me for anything. To book, to answer questions, etc. But I really wanted my wedding on board the allure. I had to switch the date of my wedding from July to May and I was very stressed. This time they were very quick to respond and help out. The new women that I have been in contact with has been great answering questions, calling me back when I call. I will keep the boards posted after my wedding.

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldogmassage View Post
I was thinking about a cake topper but I want to keep things simple. I hope I can tier the cake.

I am also taking the train off my dress, I am not even bustling it.

I was told we will talk about details I forgot if it was 45 or 30 days out. I will keep you posted. If you want you can email me and we can keep each other posted. fldogmassage@ymail.com
You can tier the cake. We had a 3 tier cake and my wife had a cake our own personal cake topper. About 30 days out is when all the details are pretty much set. I mostly did all the planning due to my wife's work schedule and was at first skeptical that all the planning was done so close to the day, but it all worked out.

Here is a photo of our cake

PT1_9415-359 by leonel.tarectecan, on Flickr
Liberty of the Seas - September 2010
Allure of the Seas - October 2011
Allure of the Seas - February 2012
Allure of the Seas - May 2012
Allure of the Seas - August 12, 2012 - Wedding Cruise!!
Allure of the Seas - December 2012
Oasis of the Seas - March 2013

Future Cruises:

Allure of the Seas - June 2013
Allure of the Seas - August 2013

Last edited by kamusta1; January 17th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Kamusta1, Was there much of an upcharge for the tiered cake?

Old January 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

I see you know the Allure quite well. Did you see other weddings taking place with receptions on the day of your wedding? It seems you may be a local and close to the port. Is that correct? I have in the panhandle, our families will be coming from all over the US and the world. So, I really have to have a reception after the wedding. I just do not think its fair for my guests to have traveled 22 hours only to see ceremony without lunch. But my budget does not finance 2 receptions. Can you suggest what I can do with my cruising guests in the evening? I wanted to go to a ballroom for dancing, but I only see night clubs, families can not go in night clubs. I am just trying to find a way to extend the celebration with everyone.

Old January 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Royal Caribbean just brought their wedding department in house from being outsourced because they wanted more control over the experience for their guests. I guess that they were getting a lot of complaints.

We are planning a wedding for March on the Liberty and it seems to be going great. There have been a lot of questions and back and forth. Some patience has been required, but overall it's been a good experience.

Depending on the number of sailing guests, you can ask to work with the groups department. They can book you a private room for you and have options such as a DJ or musicians that aren't really that expensive. They can even setup fun events during the day for your sailing guests. For instance you can have the activities staff do a scavenger hunt or host a trivia game for the group at it’s only like $75. If you don’t want the expense of doing something private, there are several other lounges that have music that are open to families that you can gather with your sailing guests.

Royal offers several options for lunch receptions if you want to have a private reception for your non-sailing guests. You can download a whole new wedding brochure from their site and if you go to the meetings section you can download the brochure for group options.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by km5377; January 18th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamusta1 View Post
You can tier the cake. We had a 3 tier cake and my wife had a cake our own personal cake topper. About 30 days out is when all the details are pretty much set. I mostly did all the planning due to my wife's work schedule and was at first skeptical that all the planning was done so close to the day, but it all worked out.

Here is a photo of our cake

PT1_9415-359 by leonel.tarectecan, on Flickr
Youre cake is beautiful! I am so very very excited! Any words of advise. Anything you wish you knew?

Old February 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Another RCCL Bride! :)

Hi Guys,

We plan on getting married on the Allure in March 2014...
We are going to have a week on the Allure as the wedding ship then have a transatlantic cruise back to the UK as our honeymoon.
We are just waiting on the TA cruise dates coming up so that we can get everything locked down and organised! Hopefully should be 3 weeks max and then I will be going into a organising frenzy!!

So............. im loving it that a few of you are have decided as the Allure as your wedding ship...
It means we can hit each other back and forth with some tips and share experiences....

I think we are going to have a party of 10 on our wedding ship....
Everyone of our friends are seasoned cruisers so im sneakily thinking that they are loving the fact that we want to get married on the Allure as none of them have sailed on her yet.

We have sailed on the Oasis in 2010 and im loving reading all the reviews about the ship... im noticing a lot of new things that are different to the Oasis!
I cannot wait to get on the ship!!

How are your plans coming along with organising your dresses etc...

Looking forward to chatting with you all and counting down till your big day!!

x

Navigator of the Seas - Jan 2007
Mariner of the Seas - Aug 2009
Oasis of the Seas - Aug 2010
Freedom of the Seas - b2b - Aug 2011
Independence of the Seas TA - Nov 2012
Navigator of the Seas TA - Nov 2013
Allure of the Seas - April 2014 - Our Wedding Ship!
Independence of the Seas TA - May 2014 - Honeymoon ship!

Last edited by jojot; February 20th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default wedding cruise is booked :)

hi everyone,
sooo we booked our wedding and honeymoon cruise last week.
getting married on the allure in April 2014 as the ta is not until the start of May.
the uk royal romance team have been quick with replies to my emails, they have confirmed that we can get married in the Bahamas and have now passed the wedding details over to the miami team to contact me.
still no contact from miami team. ive asked the uk team to look into it as the US team were supposed to contact me over a week ago.

can I ask what was included in your wedding package?
it looks as tho its only flowers for both of us, vow ceremony, small cake and 30 photos. .. however the package cost is nearly $3000... do you get a reception room to have some time with your guests after the wedding?
we are going to organise dinner at a speciality restaurant for later but just wanted to know what happened straight after your wedding

we are only having a small wedding with six of our friends joining us..

Navigator of the Seas - Jan 2007
Mariner of the Seas - Aug 2009
Oasis of the Seas - Aug 2010
Freedom of the Seas - b2b - Aug 2011
Independence of the Seas TA - Nov 2012
Navigator of the Seas TA - Nov 2013
Allure of the Seas - April 2014 - Our Wedding Ship!
Independence of the Seas TA - May 2014 - Honeymoon ship!

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Congrats!

The package has changed since I booked my wedding. But the cost of the wedding does not include the reception. For the reception you pay per person and have a choice of different menus with varying price. If you go to RCCL and search weddings you will find the brochure. Or send me an email and I can forward you mine. Just keep in mind it has the old packages and old prices. fldogmassage@ymail.com

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldogmassage View Post
I have not booked my reception yet. I have 25 people coming and we are going with the lunch buffet and bar service. I want the two hour reception but that one says it may not be a private reception. I am not going to bring anything else. I was thinking about a cake topper but I want to keep things simple. I hope I can tier the cake.

I am also taking the train off my dress, I am not even bustling it.

I was told we will talk about details I forgot if it was 45 or 30 days out. I will keep you posted. If you want you can email me and we can keep each other posted. fldogmassage@ymail.com

There are so few rccl brides it is nice to have someone to talk with.
Cruising is my favorite way to vacation. The muster drills used to be uncomfortable. You would stand outside smooched together with everyone else, sweating with your life vest. Now they are done inside and sitting. people coming on the cruise will be in shorts, so I will be over dressed but it is my wedding. There is not a problem to wear what you want. It is just what you are comfortable in.

Hello!

Why would the reception not to be private? If i pay 66 dollars per person it better be private! Can you let me know you should be getting you finale call soon!

Thanks!

megan

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightskinedgyal View Post
Hello!

Why would the reception not to be private? If i pay 66 dollars per person it better be private! Can you let me know you should be getting you finale call soon!

Thanks!

megan
I will keep everyone posted on my progress. There were 3 choices and one said my not be in a private venue. We actually did not pick that one. What does your brochure say? I know there is a new one since we booked.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Megan,
The old reception brochure said the wedding receptions were not private unless you paid for additional hours of bar service above the lunch and bar service. Can I ask what would you get for $66 a person? That cost does not add up to any of the brochure fees I have on my original brochure when I booked my wedding last year. Mine is in June. I have called RCCL and apparently my wedding planner no longer works there, no one bothered to call me! I will contact them again next week. I have not gotten a call to inform me of a new planner yet.

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsci View Post
Hi Megan,
The old reception brochure said the wedding receptions were not private unless you paid for additional hours of bar service above the lunch and bar service. Can I ask what would you get for $66 a person? That cost does not add up to any of the brochure fees I have on my original brochure when I booked my wedding last year. Mine is in June. I have called RCCL and apparently my wedding planner no longer works there, no one bothered to call me! I will contact them again next week. I have not gotten a call to inform me of a new planner yet.
Well I was thinking of doing the hors de ? Reception which is 33 dollars an hour which would be 66 dollars for two hours.

Old April 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsci View Post
Hi Megan,

I have found a loop hole! You can book one hour reception and second hour just open bar which will give you the two hour reception for less price per person!!! so excited! lol

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Cool Cruiser

There you go lightskingal, you can have a two hour reception then for a little less money! Good for you! Does anyone know the food comparison between the lunch buffet and the hors de? Would be less, of course, but by how much and is quality different?