Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Lose Before You Cruise

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Lose Before You Cruise A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.

Old January 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarapdot View Post
Didn't qualify? I didn't know that could happen.
I tried it just for fun to see what my points would be and I didn't "qualify" either. Said I was under their healthy weight. So I guess that is how you don't qualify.

But Brooke 2500 seems like a lot of calories. I bet if you went down to 1800, which is still a good amount, you would start to lose fast.
7/10/2008 Jewel Of the Seas- Baltic
7/31/2009 Radiance of the Sea Alaska
7/18/2010 Freedom of the Seas- Eastern caribbean
2/20/2011- Voyager of the Seas- Western Caribbean
7/8/2012- Freedom of Seas- Caribbean

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

2 cups of coffee with a splash of milk for breakfast was not hungry this morning for some reason

2 slices of ham rolled in a whole grain tortilla we were out of turkey I don't eat ham very often. This was lunch

Chicken with penne noodles and broccoli, about 2 cups total, 2 small slices of french bread. this was dinner

40 ounces of water today

no dessert today.

Old January 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Well apparently this is the amount that WW says will allow me to lose weight. I believe a nurse once told me I'd have to be taking in about 3500 calories to maintain the 352 lbs.

I checked with Sparkpeople and they say if I want to lose 50lbs by Dec. 31st of this year I can eat up to 2500 calories and as low as 2000. I once manually changed my points, but I got a lot of slack from a few people about it.

Though, I did some reading today and I've found a LOT of people who did the old WW points plan (I only got 39 points on the old plan) and they say the new plan is not working for them at all. The formula did change. They did used to count calories in the points calculator, but now its just fat, carbs, fiber and protein.

If I can stand to double track for a week, I might see how Sparkpeople comes out starting on Sat.

I'm not going post all that I ate. It really kept me from tracking daily on my WW. I felt like I was doing double the work and it was a pain. So I chose the better place to track food.

But today our afternoon meeting go moved up b/c of the snow storm coming in and so I had to wait until 12:30 with no snack (Hadn't planned on one b/c I usually do fine if I eat by 12.) and they meeting was a lunch meeting in our dining hall. Lucky my friend was working, but she said they really had nothing being served that was healthy. So I did the best thing I could and made a salad. Just about 3 oz of ham cubes, 3 cups of leetuce (romaine), 1/4 cheese shredded, 4 grape tomatoes, 2 cucumber slices and about 2.5tbsp of ranch dressing. I tried some of the fried shrimp and rice, but it was wayyyyy salt (and that is bad b/c I love salty stuff, but I guess using low sodium soy sauce lately has changed that). So I ate about a spoonful of rice and picked out the shrimp (about 5 mini shrimp). I had a chocolate cupcake.

Had med. salmon (almond crust) baked with some bake fries. I'll probably have some special K for a small snack. Had a serving of graham crackers with 1tsp of pb and 1/4 tsp of agave nector. 50 points total with bk added in.

I have one of the two salmon left for tomr. lunch and I have a 1/2 med. baked potato ready too. Stole and apple and banana from the dining hall to have my fruits tomr.

Probably would do better if I managed to stuff my face a little more with watery fruits. I don't have a love affair with most veggies (except green beans), but I don't mind fruit at all. So if I used watery fruits that are fresh they should keep me full and they are zero points. As long as I don't way over do it. I mean I wouldn't eat bananas non stop. A few cups of grapes may not be that bad though or watermelon.

Carnival Magic Western-11/2/2014
Carnival Liberty Exotic Western- 11/3/2012
Carnival Dream Western-10/22/2011
Carnival Dream Eastern-1/22/2011
Carnival Liberty-6/19/2010
Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas-6/2001

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Just a couple of observations after reading for the past couple of days. Brooke, if I worked all day, there is no way I could then go work out without eating something first. I know you don't want to pack a dinner as well as lunch, but how about taking a couple of slices of lunch meat and cheese for a high protein snack before the workout? I'm thinking perhaps you are going to work out after working all day and then are coming home starving and perhaps overeating at night (which is the worse time to overeat).

Also, regarding the Starbucks coffees, Atkins has a mocha latte and cafe caramel drink that has only 5 carbs for 11 oz. They taste great and are only $5.78 for a 4-pack at Super Walmart, so also cheaper than Starbucks. I drink about 1/2 of one each morning. You can either have them iced or heat in microwave.

Also, you say you have never experienced being "thin". I know you don't think you can do the low carb, but if you did Atkins induction for 2 weeks and saw the weight you would lose, maybe that would spur you on and then you could go back to WW. I can't function if I'm hungry and to me, the great thing about low carb is that I am never really hungry. Eating the protein really keeps the hunger and carb cravings away. My DH has been been on Atkins (less than 20 carbs per day) for less than 2 months and has lost 18 lbs. It works and if you can get through the first couple of weeks, it really becomes a lifestyle thing. We have lots of low carb recipes that we love...chili without beans, chicken parmesan, steak marsala. Add a salad with Wishbone Caesar dressing (2 carbs for 2 TBSP) and a green veggie and we truly do not feel like we are missing out. I had a few bites of low carb cheesecake today from Cheesecake Factory and I was in heaven. Other times i will eat sugar free jello or have a Sparking Ice drink when I want something sweet. The thing is to find happiness with foods that do not make you fat. After wearing smaller sizes, I truly believe the saying, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

I also keep a bag in my car with a can of almonds and a box of slim jims. That way, if I get in the car after work and suddenly realize I have to run 3 errands before I go home, I have a snack to keep me satisfied and I will not be starving when I get home.

My food today:

2 hard boiled eggs chopped up with real bacon bits and about 2 TBSP mayo.
Chai tea with 1 TSP 1/2 and 1/2
1/2 Atkins Mocha Latte Coffee Drink

3 oz. brie for mid-morning snack

1 cup homemade chicken salad: boiled chicken breast mixed with mayo, celery and splenda.
About 10 almonds (Blue Diamond Bold flavors: I like salt and vinegar and wasabi and soy sauce flavors)

1 bowl homemade chili (no beans) topped with cheddar cheese

4 bites low carb cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory

Drinks were crystal light green tea honey/lemon flavor and water

P. Crum

Carnival Liberty, 11/17/12
HAL Ryndam, 3/25/12
Carnival Glory, 3/27/11, Review with Photos
Carnival Liberty, 11/20/10 (Thanksgiving cruise), Review with Photos and Chef's Table
Carnival Inspiration, 7/31/10, Review in progress, will post soon
Carnival Freedom, 6/13/10, Review with Photos
Emerald Princess, 3/28/10, Review with Photos
NCL Star 7/09
Carnival Glory 6/09
Carnival Miracle 3/09
Carnival Triumph 11/08 (Thanksgiving cruise)
Carnival Sensation 6/08
HAL Veendam 3/07
Disney Wonder 6/06
Big Red Boat, 3 times in early 90s
Carnival Carnivale, 8/89

Old January 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I've not done it, but it seems like a logical way to lose weight and it would take the guesswork out of calorie count, it sounds like it's a matter of choosing what you want to eat from lists of things and then just measure/weigh and make sure you don't go over. Then you could save points for special occassions, which is where the pizza in one sitting thing would come in. But I would guess common sense says the special occasions are occasions, and not regular occurances and to teach better habits.

I did the lowcarb thing last year and lost about 55 in the end but I'd gone through a medical supevised low carb program. It was disgusting because I'd been an athlete my whole life and I'd gained so much weight but mostly by eating too many "healthy" foods (grains, veggies, fruits). The program worked for me, and I truly hated low carb, but I kept the picture in my mind of my wedding dress which helped and when they took it in 6 1/2 inches it made me want to lose the last 10.

I've read the south beach diet which looks like it could be a good fit too for low carb but then learning how to add the carbs, etc back in like Pcrum did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarapdot View Post
Right! I'm sure weight watchers has the calories figured out to where you wouldn't be going to far out of range. I only get 29 points a day which I believe is the lowest amount anyone can get. But on the points plus program your fruits and non startchy vegies are 0 points. But the points of other things like bread or pasta or meats are higher.

I am really bad about getting a Starbucks nonfat mocha (5 pts) for breakfast and having a banana with it. I'm a Starbucks addict. I try to cut it where I can with no whip and nonfat milk etc.

Anyway, if you ate fruits and veggies all day you could potentially have a whole pizza for dinner but it's up to you to know that's not healthy.

Old January 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Well, I wasn't planning on a workout today, but I did a nice hour walk around campus taking pictures of the snow for the president. Not to mention the 30 mins. it took to scrap the snow and ice off my car this morning. So I'll say I got some exercise today. Which makes me feel better after missing yoga yesterday b/c my meeting go moved up and we got sent home early for the weather.

However, I'm highly concerned about my knee. Yesterday it started feeling stiff (like when you lock your knee, but it wasn't locked) and feels like it has fluid in it. I just called the chiropractor b/c he is leaving tomr for a week.......on a cruise, lol. He said its swollen and I need to ice both sides and take it easy for a few days or even a week depending on how bad I hurt it. He said that if I felt like I could do zumba or yoga then I should def. wrap it for support. So that's okay news. I'll have the whole weekend to rest it.

I got so wrapped up in trying to clean my car off and get into work at a decent hour that I forgot bk this morning. Rare that I forget food, but I did. I already had lunch here for the most part just had to bring the salmon. I stopped in our starbucks for a skinny latte and a bagel with cream cheese. Yes, I know. Don't fuss at me. My choices for a good bk around here are limited. I didn't have time for anything more elaborate. I barely got in and settled before they called me to go take pictures. So I probably ate my bagel too fast and had like 4 sips of my latte and I was out taking pictures. Came back in around 12:30 for lunch. Leaving my latte for later when the afternoon slump hits me. Its times like these that I crave sweet and soda. I'm not sure why? Out in the snow and cold, moving around. Don't know why I associate sweets/soda with that? I didn't have any though. Just 1/2 baked potato, some ICBINB spray, my salmon and an apple. I have a banana for later.

I woke up with a stiff neck too. Its weird. Its on the same side as my knee. I wonder if they are connected.....tension or something? I brought a heating pad for my neck. Hopefully, if I do that tonight it will be fine tomr. Just have to get the muscles to relax. I need to get my knee up but its my right side and its under my desk on the enclosed side.

I was disappointed greatly this morning when I saw the scale go up 1.5 lbs from wed. I hate that my weight changes so much in a week. It seems to be always a week behind. But I feel bloated again. Do you think these stomach problems (gallbaldder if my dr. is right) are having an effect on my scale?

I mean I had a fairly good week. I made it very hard on myself by not have "safety" weekly points for five out of the 7 days, but I managed very well. As far as I know, if all my counting is right, I didn't go over my daily points once in four days so far. Tonight will be the hardest I'm sure. Friday is usually a pizza night. Maybe mom will make vegge/beef soup b/c of the snow and her being off. Want count on it though.

Need to catch up on my water. The last two days have been not great about getting in my 40oz during the workday and at least another 20-30 at home.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Do you like breakfast sandwiches? Starbucks has a reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich that is pretty good and a good amount of protein to keep you full. That's what I get from time to time when I'm out for the day, but have those at home made by Jimmy Dean Delight, so if I'm headed home, I just skip it and make it at home.

Need to do my JM tonight. I upped my calories after doing a bit of research on BMR and TDEE, so I'll see if that helps me get over this plateau of not losing weight. I'm still going to do my routine and see what it does.
1 AI Punta Cana trip--loooved, looooved, loooovveed!!!!!
1 upcoming Carnival Freedom
1 upcoming Carnival Valor

Last edited by Mrs.C05; January 18th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Brooke I was thinking a better choice would have been to eat your apple and banana for breakfast over a high cal bagel and cream cheese.
Before you eat stop and think about what you might have with you instead. The other thing I was wondering is why you didn't stop at the salad for lunch yesterday? Why the rice and cupcake? Just make the salad bigger. Very filling and way better than a cupcake. Just a thought you really need to stop and think before you eat. I know you are staying in your points But you need to train yourself in healthy eating its all part of getting healthy.
This is what I tell myself everytime I want to eat crap. I have eaten enough crap for a life time thats how I got fat. And so have you. Its never going to be about eating what your body needs. Just what it is.
Carnival victory 12/09
RCC GOS 05/10
Bahamas Celebration 4/10
RCC AOS transalantic 11/10
Carnival Fascination 1/11
RCC Majesty 8/11
Carnival Paradise 9/12
RCC Jewel 1/13
Carnival Freedom 9/13B2B 15 days
RCC LOS transatlantic 10/14

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.C05 View Post
Do you like breakfast sandwiches? Starbucks has a reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich that is pretty good and a good amount of protein to keep you full. That's what I get from time to time when I'm out for the day, but have those at home made by Jimmy Dean Delight, so if I'm headed home, I just skip it and make it at home.

Need to do my JM tonight. I upped my calories after doing a bit of research on BMR and TDEE, so I'll see if that helps me get over this plateau of not losing weight. I'm still going to do my routine and see what it does.
Our Starbucks doesn't have those. Its the college's franchise and is limited in what it has.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynfc View Post
Our Starbucks doesn't have those. Its the college's franchise and is limited in what it has.
Bummer! They are quite good!

Carnival Ecstacy 2004, Royal Caribbean Rhapsody 2005, Carnival Conquest 2009, Carnival Conquest 2010, Carnival Magic 2011-2012-2013, Carnival Sunshine 2014Up Next - Carnival Magic 2014

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanson38 View Post
Brooke I was thinking a better choice would have been to eat your apple and banana for breakfast over a high cal bagel and cream cheese.
Before you eat stop and think about what you might have with you instead. The other thing I was wondering is why you didn't stop at the salad for lunch yesterday? Why the rice and cupcake? Just make the salad bigger. Very filling and way better than a cupcake. Just a thought you really need to stop and think before you eat. I know you are staying in your points But you need to train yourself in healthy eating its all part of getting healthy.
This is what I tell myself everytime I want to eat crap. I have eaten enough crap for a life time thats how I got fat. And so have you. Its never going to be about eating what your body needs. Just what it is.
B/c a banana or apple would have had me starving by the time I got done walking all over campus taking pictures. I haven't even had a chance to drink my latte today. I didn't have anything else with me and other options were just as bad or no available. I could have chosen the 10 other pastries that were in the case that were high in sugar and fat. But I went with what I thought was the best choice. I don't think I was wrong.

B/c I wanted the cupcake. I didn't eat but a tsp of the rice and shrimp and when I decided it didn't taste good I dumped it. I was counting all the points in my head as I made my lunch and when I saw that I had room to have a cupcake, I got one. I really wanted full fat creamery ice cream and a cookie with the cupcake, but I knew I would blow my dinner points if I did. This is what I mean when I say, you guys don't get the whole story most of the time. I walked through a lot of obstacles that lunch that could have tripped me up: Buffet style food, french fries, pasta, alfredo sauce, potato rounds, casseroles (cream), sugary cereals, nachos, ice cream, soda, creamery full fat milk............etc. I could have just at fries and pasta b/c that is what I kinda wanted. But I knew I had to stay in my 50 points for the day so I knew I had to make better decisions. And I did without feeling like I was being punished.

I think the others pointed out that if you wanted to use your points for the day to eat an entire pizza...........according WW, you can. Do they suggest/recommend you do that, NOOOOOOOO.

Maybe one day I will stop at just the salad, but for now I think I think I walked into a bad situation (having planned my lunch already, then having to change my lunch time and where and what I was eating. Plus not knowing what was being served until I got there. Where there is all of the temptations above........a fat girls dream really.) and did a super job of eating and working on the fly.

Carnival Freedom-4/2009
Celebrity ?-6/2005

Old January 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I agree with this and thought the same thing, why the cupcake?

I have now realized that although it's staying in a healthy range of calories, but also WHAT you eat. I can sit here and have "healthy" foods from McDonalds, Starbucks and other places but it's really about WHAT you put in your mouth. "You are what you eat"

Old January 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I was thinking the same thing Mrs.CO5..like if she just plain wanted the cupcake, she was still physically hungry and needed it, or if she just thought "as long as I don't go over my points I can have it ", "I deserve it because whatever"..Like, would the rest of your day really be that horrible if you didn't have the cupcake? It guess we were wondering, "why cupcake, why now?" Do they have Overeater Anonymous meetings in your area? It almost sounds sometimes like your addicted to food..like your afraid something will happen if you don't use all your points everyday, if you don't eat the cupcake, if you don't eat what your mom makes and she'll be upset, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.C05 View Post
I agree with this and thought the same thing, why the cupcake?

I have now realized that although it's staying in a healthy range of calories, but also WHAT you eat. I can sit here and have "healthy" foods from McDonalds, Starbucks and other places but it's really about WHAT you put in your mouth. "You are what you eat"

Last edited by Gathina; January 18th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.

Old January 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynfc View Post
B/c a banana or apple would have had me starving by the time I got done walking all over campus taking pictures. I haven't even had a chance to drink my latte today. I didn't have anything else with me and other options were just as bad or no available. I could have chosen the 10 other pastries that were in the case that were high in sugar and fat. But I went with what I thought was the best choice. I don't think I was wrong.
Just a FYI for the future a bagle and cream cheese is actually worse than a pastry. So you basically would be better off with a doughnut. Kinda funny huh?

Also, an apple is filled with fiber and a banana has energy so it would have kept you fuller and filled with engery compared to a bagel.
7/10/2008 Jewel Of the Seas- Baltic
7/31/2009 Radiance of the Sea Alaska
7/18/2010 Freedom of the Seas- Eastern caribbean
2/20/2011- Voyager of the Seas- Western Caribbean
7/8/2012- Freedom of Seas- Caribbean

Old January 19th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Brooke something you said just jump out at me. You said you made your food choices so you wouldn't feel like you were being punished.
You are not being punished for eating healthy and mike healthy food choices.
YOU are punishing yourself by making the food choices that you make.
I'm not sure why your not seeing this. Every time you make a bad food choice You are punishing yourself.
You have punished yourself your whole life!
Now its time to reward yourself with health, and being able to do things that your weight stops you from being able to do.
Leigh
Carnival victory 12/09
RCC GOS 05/10
Bahamas Celebration 4/10
RCC AOS transalantic 11/10
Carnival Fascination 1/11
RCC Majesty 8/11
Carnival Paradise 9/12
RCC Jewel 1/13
Carnival Freedom 9/13B2B 15 days
RCC LOS transatlantic 10/14

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:37 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathina View Post
I was thinking the same thing Mrs.CO5..like if she just plain wanted the cupcake, she was still physically hungry and needed it, or if she just thought "as long as I don't go over my points I can have it ", "I deserve it because whatever"..Like, would the rest of your day really be that horrible if you didn't have the cupcake? It guess we were wondering, "why cupcake, why now?" Do they have Overeater Anonymous meetings in your area? It almost sounds sometimes like your addicted to food..like your afraid something will happen if you don't use all your points everyday, if you don't eat the cupcake, if you don't eat what your mom makes and she'll be upset, etc.
WW recommends eating your full allotment of daily points each day. I haven't been on this thread in a while. I'm sitting in the Hong Kong airport waiting to fly home (YAY!!) As far as weeklies go, you can use them as you please. Use some, all, or none. You can use them all in one day, a little each day, or not at all. I usually use about half on the weekends and spread the rest throughout the rest of the week. I find I lose better if I eat every one of the weekly points.

For those that say you can't imagine working out so much and maintaining weight...are you going to stop working out when you hit your goal? There are so many benefits to working out beyond weight loss...cardiovascular health, more energy, better tone, etc. Plus, even if the scale doesn't show much movement, your body still changes. Once I only lost 6 lbs but dropped two sizes. I was asked if I lost 15 lbs. I gained about 6 lbs of lean muscle.

I have a cruise in 11 weeks. After 6 weeks in Hong Kong, a cruise, Oktoberfest in Munich...I want to lose about 10 lbs. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do South Beach or WW.

As for Brooke, she's right. I don't know her struggles. I've never needed to lose weight, and the most I've wanted to lose was 20 lbs. I think you've made a lot of strides, but I think you need some help to get to the next level. It's all in your head. Good luck.

Previous Cruises
Norwegian Getaway - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Epic - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 4/6/13
Celebrity Summit - 7 Day Southern Caribbean 12/1/12
Carnival Liberty - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 5/12/12
Norwegian Epic - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 12/31/11
Carnival Legend - 7 Day Western Caribbean 9/4/11
Norwegian Epic - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 4/9/11
Carnival Glory - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 5/9/10
Mariner of the Seas - 7 Day Mexican Riviera 11/1/09
Carnival Freedom - 6 Day Western Caribbean 4/19/09 - Platinum!
Carnival Inspiration - 5 Day Western Caribbean 11/3/08
Carnival Inspiration - 4 Day Western Caribbean 10/30/08
Carnival Valor - 7 Day Western Caribbean 4/13/08
Carnival Valor - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 10/21/07
Carnival Imagination - 4 Day Western Caribbean 5/3/07
Carnival Miracle - 7 Day Western Caribbean 12/3/06
Carnival Fantasy - 4 Day Bahamas 9/22/02
Celebration - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 3/9/96
Carnival Imagination - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean 7/1/95

Old January 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I think she sees it full well, she just doesn't want to do it the way your supposed to. Remember all the times she said she was so stubborn, would fight things to the bitter end,etc. Maybe it's time to just suck it up and get over it and face reality. You get defensive when everyone here points out what we can all obviously see is wrong, and then your solution for all we know is to go bury yourself in a cupcake or something. Maybe it's time to stop blaming your living situation, your parents, your genes, your hormones, your "......" (fill in the blan)

Lhanson is right..you are making fabulous choices and that's great..but the thing is, you are NEVER....NEVER..going to be able to eat the way you always have. So you need to LEARN to be consistent for a period of time with eating RIGHT..like for a few weeks..before you start tweaking, etc. tweaking is what you do to find out how to MAINTAIN your weight. You learn along the way, how to incorporate treats, etc. But no diet on the planet ever advocates treats every single day, at least I've never seen one.

If your going to keep being honest with the board, all of us are going to keep being honest with you. If you get upset, none of us mean to hurt you but maybe when you do get upset it's because you know we are right.

Quote:
Brooke something you said just jump out at me. You said you made your food choices so you wouldn't feel like you were being punished.
You are not being punished for eating healthy and mike healthy food choices.
YOU are punishing yourself by making the food choices that you make.
I'm not sure why your not seeing this. Every time you make a bad food choice You are punishing yourself.
You have punished yourself your whole life!
Now its time to reward yourself with health, and being able to do things that your weight stops you from being able to do.
Leigh

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Today I had 1/2 a banana, a mocha light bottled drink, and then my Grammie made some spaghetti & meatballs. Meatballs were turkey (had 3), had 1 serving of spaghetti noodles & 1 serving of marinera, more of a brunch meal. Snacked on 1/4c of pistachio's before my JM workout. Tonight's dinner is Carrabba's. What I get there is the chicken gratella aka grilled chicken, with double green beans or broccoli (whatever their green veggie is, and eat half the chicken & veg to save for another meal). The salad I get is their house salad with light vinaigrette on the side (and dip my fork in). The bread and herbs we do get, but they quarter the bread so we're eating 1/16 of it since we're splitting it, if that makes sense, lol. I hope I have that right.

Workouts today were 1hr walk this morning and then I just finished up my JM. All my calories total 1336, which I'm 6 calories over my daily amount. I went in and calculated my BMR to see what I was suppose to be eating just based on sleeping all day (what my body needed just to function) since I wasn't really losing weight. Been hanging around 120lbs. which is okay with me, but I'm working on cardio and strength so I was hoping to lose 5lbs.

So as of yesterday I upped my cals so we'll see how things go with that, keeping up with my workouts, and no soda. It's all become a daily routine now of eating healthy (good protein, veggies, some fruits, and nuts), exercising, drinking water. I have the best energy now and am always wanting to do something active with my son.

Brooke, I'm sure your college has a few nutrition courses....what if you talked to the professor there to see if she can help you plan out some meal and snack ideas?

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

In researching WW a little bit, I'm reading on the community forum for WW, is that most people are given too many points and don't see a weight loss. Only maintain weight or gain weight. What if you adjusted your points Brooke? It seems the average points people are given are between 25-40pts.....I'm not sure how much "food" 28 points are, but from what others have said, it is a lot and they don't/can't eat that much, which when they don't eat all their points, that's when they see a weight loss.

Those of you on here that do WW, can you post on here what a healthy daily food intake would be for you based on 25-40 points? Is that a lot or little of food? Then again, I'm sure it's all about what you choose too.

Old January 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

I found this too on the WW website. If I have everything correct Brooke, your Daily Points should be 39. I'm just trying to understand the WW to help you out.

Are you:
Female?-----2pts
Male?-------8pts
A Nursing Mom*?-----12pts

How Old Are You?
17*-26---------4pts
27-37---------3pts
38-47---------2pts
48-58---------1pts
Over 58-------0pts

What do you weigh?
Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds. For example, if you weigh 175, enter 17. If you weigh less than 100 pounds, enter the first digit of your weight in pounds. i.e. for 98, enter 9.

How tall are you?
Under 5'1"----0pts
5'1"-5'10"----1pts
Over 5'10"----2pts

Do you spend most of your day:
Sitting down?------------------0pts
(e.g. as a receptionist, bus driver, cab driver)
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing?---2pts
(e.g. sales person, housewife, cook, teacher)
Walking most of the time?-------4pts
(e.g. waiter, mailman)
Doing physically hard work most of the time?---6pts
(e.g. nurse, gardener, construction worker)

The total is your daily points target.