Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises Active cruisers unite!

Old January 19th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Counting Laps

Well, sometimes I run on our indoor track. I have used the lap counter on my Timex Iron-man watch. I recently got a Garmin and the foot pod with it. It will track my pace/distance. If I wanted I could turn the GPS off and still have the foot pod count pace/distance & track my laps on the same watch. My wife walks and she uses her phone and clicks the lap counter on her stopwatch feature.

Old February 16th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaeric View Post
We do most of our running on land, too. Have a couple of good 6-10 mile routes for Nassau, a nice tour + run 7-8 miler in Cozumel, recently did a little over 6 miles in St. Kitts mostly on a dirt trail, and 8 miles in Tortola.

I kind of want to start a thread about suggested routes here. Running is one part, but we also try to use the time to sight see. The one trip to Costa Maya- we thought it would be interesting to walk the small village on the beach, so we went out a few more miles, and getting back to town was a stroll through before the finish 2 miles to the ship.

Sometimes, the routes are not all that great, OR I'm just so hot that it's miserable. But we try.
I would love to see your running route for Nassau. We are going on the Oasis in may and only in port for a few hours but long enough to get a run in.

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
5,000+ Club

Rubber band counting has been suggested for keeping track of one's daily water quota...8 bands.

Old February 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymiles View Post
I would love to see your running route for Nassau. We are going on the Oasis in may and only in port for a few hours but long enough to get a run in.
Sorry I missed this- we were on the enchantment last week.

One "easy" one is start at the port, run toward and over the bridge, and then stay on the main road going the opposite direction of Atlantis until you reach the guard gate. That should be close to 3 miles. If you want more, you can run into Atlantis for an extra mile. Net 6-8 miles.

The long one isn't as easy- I'd need to map it out, as it goes into the neighborhoods. but it's a 5 out and back route that runs by both of the bridges and out to a very very small fort before heading inland.

Going over the bridge is the safest, and easy to follow. But the bridge is a BIG hill.....

Our first was on the Monarch, and we were on her last RCCL...

More to come. Being cruise nerds is fun.

Last edited by alfaeric; February 27th, 2013 at 03:38 PM.