Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am all done with the paying and the planning now it's just the waiting that is killing me.

Old January 26th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default honeymoon cruiser

My fiance and I are getting married July 13th in our future hometown but we are honeymooning on the NCL July 14-21. This will be my DH first cruise and my 2nd. Congrats to all the 2013 brides!!!!

NCL Breakaway -July 2013- Bermuda- Honeymoon cruise

RCCL Adventure of the Seas - June 2007- Eastern Caribbean June 2007 w/sisters+cousins

Old January 26th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are two weeks away!!! I have still not received my "final call" but I have gotten an email stating they would be calling me this week to go over all of the final details. Starting to stress out about getting all of the wedding stuff down to Port Canaveral, thank god we are driving but still nervous about everything fitting in the car lol. Have to go get my wedding dress pressed this week and hope it makes it down to the ship wrinkle free Gonna start packing everything this week, can't believe how quick the time is flying especially how we booked this wedding in Dec 2011!!

My DREAM Wedding Review
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793081

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

So we are now married... got married in St. Thomas on January 8th! It was beautiful!! Just wanted to let the other Carnival brides for the Caribbean cruises know what the bouquet looked like... at least the one I got... And to let you know that it's amazing!
Also- suziecruise68- the process was amazing- the application is easy to fill out (I did mine in Australia and sent it to them) and then the day of, you just go (with or before/ after) hubby to be, and you just sign everything in the court house (they have a registration book) and a few other things, you also swear that everything is correct, and then they can give you copies for the person performing the ceremony, and they take everything and deal with it all, including sending you the true copies to your address. It's great! And SO easy!
BUT I WANT TO WARN ALL BRIDES- when you are getting married, please remember to get a list (or even just guarantee) that certain photos are taken. Our photographer on the ship was AMAZING, but the one AT the ceremony, didn't take enough photos, and didn't take all decent ones. Thank goodness for photo shop! Things like a photo with my Mom, didn't happen... even though I am sure I posed for it...
As for the good thing: PHOTO of the flowers (and our rings) and Us on the beach!
flowers.jpg hubby and I.jpg

Old January 27th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Congratulations. Glad it went well !! I am 12 weeks away, so nearly there !! Have started the license process, and am being helped through it, so no worries there now.. Look forward to seeing more of y our pics..

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by albean86 View Post
We are two weeks away!!! I have still not received my "final call" but I have gotten an email stating they would be calling me this week to go over all of the final details. Starting to stress out about getting all of the wedding stuff down to Port Canaveral, thank god we are driving but still nervous about everything fitting in the car lol. Have to go get my wedding dress pressed this week and hope it makes it down to the ship wrinkle free Gonna start packing everything this week, can't believe how quick the time is flying especially how we booked this wedding in Dec 2011!!
Can you tell me if you are have a dinner the night before and where is it? Thanks!

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am looking forward to hearing about your Dream Wedding. We are getting married on the Dream 7/13/13 and chose the luncheon option also.

Catherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BMrs. View Post
75 more days!! I have been wondering how to get my wedding favors to the ship. I am flyng in and was thinking on shipping the boxes to the hotel were we will be staying a couple of days before the wedding. I can not see myself checking the boxes onto the plane.
Other than that we are just waiting for all the RSVP's to come in.
Oh and to not gain any weight since the dress fits just right !! LOL

Old January 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Fellow 2013 Brides,

I am so excited to be one of this year's brides. My fiancé and I have decided to get married on July 9th, embarkation day, on the Carnival Glory. It is a second marriage for both of us and our 4 children will be standing up with us.

All advice is appreciated. Specifically looking for ways to keep to the budget, but still have an amazing experience.

Congrats to you all!!!

~Carolyn

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Carolyn!
Your story sounds just like ours! So excited! 2nd marriage for both of us too and 4 kids standing up with us! Except we are getting married embarkation day on The Dream October 12, 2013!

We really haven't done anything except book wedding/cruise. Do you have other cruisers or doing anything extravagant Just very curious as to how you are planning your wedding.

Congratulations!
Deb

Old February 1st, 2013, 06:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella23 View Post
Hi Carolyn!
Your story sounds just like ours! So excited! 2nd marriage for both of us too and 4 kids standing up with us! Except we are getting married embarkation day on The Dream October 12, 2013!

We really haven't done anything except book wedding/cruise. Do you have other cruisers or doing anything extravagant Just very curious as to how you are planning your wedding.

Congratulations!
Deb
Hi Deb-

Congratulations!! It is nice to have someone else that is getting remarried. I want things to be so different this time and the budget is very important.

So far we have only booked the wedding/cruise. Both sets of our parents, our children and a couple friends are cruising with us. We will, however, have about 45 people joining us for the wedding/reception. I want this to be special, but low key...

Are you booking an entertainment package like the dj, piano bar, etc? I don't want to spend the $, but don't want a silent wedding.

We will have to keep each other updated. I am curious about yours and totally open to advice.

Thanks!
~Carolyn

Old February 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightskinedgyal View Post
Can you tell me if you are have a dinner the night before and where is it? Thanks!
We have made reservations at Kelsey's right next door to the Radisson in Cape Canaveral (the hotel we are staying at) Its an italian/pizza place. We didn't want anything too expensive as my fiances parents will be paying for dinner that night for our group of about 40. I'll let you know how it goes

My DREAM Wedding Review
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793081

Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by athngoddess07 View Post
So we are now married... got married in St. Thomas on January 8th! It was beautiful!! Just wanted to let the other Carnival brides for the Caribbean cruises know what the bouquet looked like... at least the one I got... And to let you know that it's amazing!
Also- suziecruise68- the process was amazing- the application is easy to fill out (I did mine in Australia and sent it to them) and then the day of, you just go (with or before/ after) hubby to be, and you just sign everything in the court house (they have a registration book) and a few other things, you also swear that everything is correct, and then they can give you copies for the person performing the ceremony, and they take everything and deal with it all, including sending you the true copies to your address. It's great! And SO easy!
BUT I WANT TO WARN ALL BRIDES- when you are getting married, please remember to get a list (or even just guarantee) that certain photos are taken. Our photographer on the ship was AMAZING, but the one AT the ceremony, didn't take enough photos, and didn't take all decent ones. Thank goodness for photo shop! Things like a photo with my Mom, didn't happen... even though I am sure I posed for it...
As for the good thing: PHOTO of the flowers (and our rings) and Us on the beach!
Attachment 258430 Attachment 258431
Congratulations!! Beautiful pics!!

5/20/2007 Carnival Legend, Daughters 9th Birthday!!

5/5/2013 Wedding Cruise Carnival Glory!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861034

10/14/2013 Carnival Imagination with friends!!
jaxie001@hotmail.com

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm back! I was getting a bit depressed having to wait so darn long for our wedding. We booked our cruise February of 2012 for May of this year! We had TONS of time to wait. Plus I was still having issues getting my divorce final, even though we had been separated for NINE YEARS!

Now the divorce is final, our cruise is paid in full and I am just waiting for my dress to get here and a few last minute details. 98 days until we set sail and 100 days until the wedding and I am soooo excited!!

Majesty of the Seas - sailed 10/12/1997

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by athngoddess07 View Post
Attachment 258430 Attachment 258431
Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful.

**Pictures from our 2013 Breakaway Cruise to Bermuda!** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBeVK...ature=youtu.be

Wedding website: http://www.robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/
Wedding Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079834
NCL Getaway 4/2015
NCL Breakaway 4/2014
NCL Breakaway 5/2013
NCL Pearl 4/2012
NCL Epic 2/2011
NCL Pearl 2/2009
NCL Spirit 9/2006
Celebrity Summit 9/2002

Old February 4th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013CruiseBride View Post
I'm back! I was getting a bit depressed having to wait so darn long for our wedding. We booked our cruise February of 2012 for May of this year! We had TONS of time to wait. Plus I was still having issues getting my divorce final, even though we had been separated for NINE YEARS!

Now the divorce is final, our cruise is paid in full and I am just waiting for my dress to get here and a few last minute details. 98 days until we set sail and 100 days until the wedding and I am soooo excited!!
Cruisebride...there must be quite a story there, but I hope that you are in such a wonderful place now that this wedding will be so very special.

**Pictures from our 2013 Breakaway Cruise to Bermuda!** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBeVK...ature=youtu.be

Wedding website: http://www.robertralphbreakawayweddingcruise2014.us/
Wedding Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079834
NCL Getaway 4/2015
NCL Breakaway 4/2014
NCL Breakaway 5/2013
NCL Pearl 4/2012
NCL Epic 2/2011
NCL Pearl 2/2009
NCL Spirit 9/2006
Celebrity Summit 9/2002

Old February 5th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

We haven't decided about music yet...like you we want to keep wedding within a budget. It's expensive enough to have all 6 of us cruising along with airfare . Our parents are coming as well along with a couple friends but that will be about it for actual wedding (we live in upstate NY)

I have seen so many posts about favors, gift bags....etc. Are you doing any of that? I think the bags are such a cute idea but it can get costly I think - although we don't have many people coming...I guess something to think about. I feel that it is still so far away that I haven't made many plans.

Old February 5th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013CruiseBride View Post

Ohh my gosh! Sounds like my story LOL took almost 9 years to get divorce finalized, my finace and I have now been together 11 years and figured we might as well make it legal lol. We are just the week before you on St Thomas, so looking forward to it, so are the kids , few family all booked and coming along with a few friends, Need to get it in gear, time is whittling down quickly!!

5/5/2013 Wedding Cruise Carnival Glory!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861034

jaxie001@hotmail.com

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmonkey View Post
Cruisebride...there must be quite a story there, but I hope that you are in such a wonderful place now that this wedding will be so very special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie001 View Post
Ohh my gosh! Sounds like my story LOL took almost 9 years to get divorce finalized, my finace and I have now been together 11 years and figured we might as well make it legal lol. We are just the week before you on St Thomas, so looking forward to it, so are the kids , few family all booked and coming along with a few friends, Need to get it in gear, time is whittling down quickly!!
Thanks beach monkey!! Yes, we are so happy right now and even though the ex was never a good husband, he is an amazing Dad to my 12 y/o son with autism, so I can't complain that much. And due to my son's special needs, his dad is going to have him the week of the wedding cruise. We normally do a week at a time anyway, but this means A LOT. Hopefully we can continue to get along!!

jaxie - Yup, that definitely sounds familiar! My fiance and I have been planning the wedding for 2 yrs so we are SOOOO excited to have everything finally falling into place. I still can't believe I am in double digits!!

Majesty of the Seas - sailed 10/12/1997

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
We haven't decided about music yet...like you we want to keep wedding within a budget. It's expensive enough to have all 6 of us cruising along with airfare . Our parents are coming as well along with a couple friends but that will be about it for actual wedding (we live in upstate NY)

I have seen so many posts about favors, gift bags....etc. Are you doing any of that? I think the bags are such a cute idea but it can get costly I think - although we don't have many people coming...I guess something to think about. I feel that it is still so far away that I haven't made many plans.
I am with you, Bella, on the budget. It was a huge deciding factor for us cruising out of Boston so we can drive there. We are having a big problem, however, keeping the non-sailing guest list small. It will basically be about $33 a person extra for each person over the limit of 20.

Probably no gift bags because it is really just our parents and children sailing and they won't mind. Favors are something I am still looking around for. My friend sent me a cute DIY salt dough ornament that we could stamp with our names and wedding date. I am leaning towards that. The biggest cost will be the stamp and the monogram if I have someone design it. Or there are cute anchor bottle openers I have seen.

Ugh! I am starting to feel a little stressed which is what I DID NOT want this time around. I guess I just need to take big breaths and remember that it will be great no matter what.

Keep me posted. I need to decide about the entertainment package!!!

~ Carolyn

Old February 8th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Congratulations

We're doing the OOT bags, and your right, it can get costly, I see things and think ohh these would be great, but then multiply it by the number of items needed and it skyrockets lol , I've made some switch ups by now deciding to have "couples" and "singles" bags, it's cut it back some.

I agree with you on the expense and airfare, we're kinda neighbours since I'm in Ontario

jaxie001@hotmail.com