Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.

Old January 28th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodlife247 View Post
Hey ladies. I have posted on the roll call board but no one has responded yet. I will be cruisin on the carnival dream March 30th. I am so excited. My other question is what do you wear on formal nights? Post pics please I will be dressed in typical formal gowns but I am trying to figure out something formal that my gf can wear that isn't a dress or overly feminine. But not too non-feminine either. Thanks so much!
Here's a pic of what I wore. I am not super butchy, but I did wear a suit that night. Another good idea would be just some nice slacks, with a button down shirt with just a tie or a bowtie. No jacket/blazer needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0127.jpg (10.0 KB, 67 views)

Carnival Liberty(Exotic Eastern Caribbean) - 4/14/12 - 7 Day - SAILED

Carnival Breeze(Eastern Caribbean) - 3/16/13 - 8 Day - SAILED

Carnival Ecstasy(Western) - 3/31/14 - 4 Day - SAILED

Carnival Sunshine(Southern Caribbean) - 10/04/14 - 8 Day - Inquiring

Carnival Splendor(Southern Caribbean) - 11/01/14 - 8 Day - Inquiring

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Still No Luck

Still no luck for us finding any FOD's on our sailing on the Carnival Breeze 3/16/13.
I'm sure there will be some onboard though who probably just don't use this forum.

Carnival Liberty(Exotic Eastern Caribbean) - 4/14/12 - 7 Day - SAILED

Carnival Breeze(Eastern Caribbean) - 3/16/13 - 8 Day - SAILED

Carnival Ecstasy(Western) - 3/31/14 - 4 Day - SAILED

Carnival Sunshine(Southern Caribbean) - 10/04/14 - 8 Day - Inquiring

Carnival Splendor(Southern Caribbean) - 11/01/14 - 8 Day - Inquiring

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipz View Post
We've also done Nassau 3 other times, twice while cruising and once we were down at Atlantis for a week. One of the times we went we did a day pass at the Sheraton hotel. It was a cab ride away but we chose to act like locals took the public bus. It was a group of us and we had a blast. The Sheraton was a good way to get away from crowds and enjoy some pool time as well as the beach. The British Colonial Hilton was our second choice so we know we will go there if we ever get back to Nassau again.

We didn't have any toddlers in our group at the time so I have no idea what's available. I am pretty sure you will find something where she can move around a bit as that's all they really want to do at that age any way.

I love, love, love...the sleeping arrangement idea and having the adults get a turn just being in adults company for the evening!

I don't even want to see the word COLD typed, it's crazy!!! When it went back up in the 20s I was excited. NYC is FREEZING!

By the way, I took a look at your sig and discovered we have had a chance to cruise on the same ships! The Carnival Imagination was our first and so started the addiction......We just did the Miracle this past summer.

So far the Norwegian Jewel has been our favorite though.

I can tell you that 'formal' can run the spectrum. I have seen some real dressing up, and some no dressing up at all. We usually throw on a nice summer dress or pant outfit because we do like to take pictures with the cruise line backdrops. I think most importantly your girl friend should be comfortable, after all....it is vacation!
Hi There, we are not going on the same cruise but I can't wait for our getaway. We are going on a 4 day in Feb., a 15 day in March and I just finished booking a 7 day with our 3 granddaughters in May.
RCCL AND CELEBRITY.

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrebear View Post
Just wondering if anyone will be joining my wife Kim and I (Janis) on the Independence of the seas March 10,2013. We will be celebrating 20 years together this year and thought we would do this by experiencing our first cruise. I tried posting a roll call but never heard from anyone.
We are all going on different ships around the same time. This year we will go to Cozumel 3 times due to the itinerary. We like to eat at Panchitos. Great music, margaritas, guacamole and food. All the staff from the ships eat there.

I'm in Florida and sorry to say, but the weather is delightful. I will send you some sun.

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm in Florida and sorry to say, but the weather is delightful. I will send you some sun.[/quote]

We sure could use the sun here! We got 5cm of snow yesterday and freezing rain last evening. Today they sent all the kids home from school at noon in preparation for another storm coming with freezing rain! I can't wait to get on our cruise! 40 days to go!

Last edited by jayrebear; January 29th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Old January 31st, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi ladies, is anyone else going on the Celebrity Equinox 2/11/13 Ultimate Caribbean cruise? Pied Piper will be on this cruise however we are not part of that group for this particular cruise. Hope to meet other women couples on this cruise. Ann and Rebecca

Old February 1st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 2/11/13 Ultimate Caribbean Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnywmn1 View Post
Hi ladies, is anyone else going on the Celebrity Equinox 2/11/13 Ultimate Caribbean cruise? Pied Piper will be on this cruise however we are not part of that group for this particular cruise. Hope to meet other women couples on this cruise. Ann and Rebecca
Ann & Rebecca -

I wish I could say we were going on this one, but we just returned from the Christmas Cruise on the Reflection! I am anxious to hear your review of the cruise.

Laura and I are both consultants, so our cruises have to be scheduled far in advance -- but would love to cruise at the same time as you, and other couples if the opportunity arises.

We're on the other side of the state, we should schedule dinner one weekend when you return.

Enjoy your cruise!

Janis & Laura

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - July 2, 2011
RCCL Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean -September 16, 2012
Celebrity Reflection - Western Caribbean -December 22, 2012
RCCL Legend of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 30, 2013

Old February 1st, 2013, 04:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Janis and Laura!

Thanks for the note. How did you like the Reflection? Looks like a beautiful new boat. Did you feel like it was quite a bit different than other Celebrity boats in the Solstice class? We finally got to the 'elite' level with Celebrity, so will probably stay with that line for awhile. I've been hoping to hear a review of the Reflection...

We are excited about our cruise on 2/11, however the Equinox currently has a bad case of the Norovirus going around! Hope the problem is under control before we board.

Sure would be fun to meet you both for dinner when we return. We were just over to Naples last weekend. I love the beautiful beaches on the gulf side. It would be great to meet other women couples that love to cruise!

Cheers,
Ann and Rebecca

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Sorry, going on the Eclipse in March. Have fun!

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11dfr11 View Post
Hi There, we are not going on the same cruise but I can't wait for our getaway. We are going on a 4 day in Feb., a 15 day in March and I just finished booking a 7 day with our 3 granddaughters in May.
RCCL AND CELEBRITY.
I'd actually like to take a longer cruise, say 14 days, just to see how I would like doing so. My wife doesn't think she could handle it. As long as we have lots of port days I know I'd be fine. We just booked the Christmas cruise on Norwegian GEM Thursday night and this will be our longest sailing as it is 9 days.

Our embarkment day wedding review: ~Norwegian Jewel~ 7/30/11 ...
---------------------------
Dana
(aka/Lipz wearing headpiece)
&
Sharine

Cruising Ship Wedding Planning.....!!!
------------------------------------------------
August 2014 - Explorer of the Seas
New Jersey-> Kings Wharf, Bermuda -> Philipsburg, St. Maarten -> San Juan, Puerto Rico -> Labadee, Haiti
May 2014 - Carnival Breeze
Miami, FL -> Key West, FL -> Grand Cayman, Cayman Island -> Cozumel, Mexico
August 2013 - Allure of the Seas
Fort Lauderdale, FL -> Labadee, Haiti -> Falmouth, Jamaica -> Cozumel, Mexico
May 2013 - Norwegian Breakaway
New York -> Bermuda
July 2012 - Carnival Miracle
New York -> San Juan, Puerto Rico -> St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands -> Grand Turk
August 2011 - Carnival Glory
New York -> Saint John, Canada-> Halifax, Canada
July 2011 - Norwegian Jewel
New York -> Port Canaveral, FL -> Great Stirrup Cay -> Nassau
May 2009 - RCI Majesty of the Seas
Miami -> Cocoa Cay -> Nassau
August 2004 - Carnival Imagination
Miami -> Key West (cancelled) -> Cozumel

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Janis and Laura!

Thanks for the note. How did you like the Reflection? Looks like a beautiful new boat. Did you feel like it was quite a bit different than other Celebrity boats in the Solstice class? We finally got to the 'elite' level with Celebrity, so will probably stay with that line for awhile. I've been hoping to hear a review of the Reflection...

We are excited about our cruise on 2/11, however the Equinox currently has a bad case of the Norovirus going around! Hope the problem is under control before we board.

Sure would be fun to meet you both for dinner when we return. We were just over to Naples last weekend. I love the beautiful beaches on the gulf side. It would be great to meet other women couples that love to cruise!

Cheers,
Ann and Rebecca
Hi,
We went on this cruise and had a great time. Have some chilly clothing and a rain jacket. We hooked up with cruise critic and did a great Costa Rican tour with them. We saw, we walked, we ate, we shopped, we visited the zoo and it was fantastic.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Sorry, going on the Eclipse in March. Have fun!
We love to cruise. We live on the east coast, Boca Raton. We get over to the west coast often. I love St Pete.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi Janis and Laura!

Cheers,
Ann and Rebecca
Ann & Rebecca -

The Reflection was certainly a beautiful ship. Laura loved the Persian Gardens - relaxing on the heated beds, the sauna and steam room. Me? The Ice Room was more my style. I was sick for most of the cruise with some type of sinus bug, so didn't enjoy it as much as I would have, had I been feeling 100%. We also may have spoiled ourselves with all of the activities on the Allure and Oasis, as I'm one who prefers a lot of different options. I would have loved the art classes, but the problem was they were all full -- because those with Captain's Club status could sign up early. Laura felt like the entertainment was better on the Celebrity line, and the food was equal - mind you we just discovered cruising a couple of years ago, so we have a bit of catching up to do. Not sure if this blog will allow email addresses to come through, but if so, please contact me at Janis.m.goodman@gmail.com or on FB at Janis Eberle Goodman. Would absolutely love to have dinner when you return to hear about the cruise and get to know both of you! We're planning the Panama Canal next year -- have you done it?

Take care -

Janis & Laura

RCCL Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - July 2, 2011
RCCL Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean -September 16, 2012
Celebrity Reflection - Western Caribbean -December 22, 2012
RCCL Legend of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 30, 2013

Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipz View Post
I'd actually like to take a longer cruise, say 14 days, just to see how I would like doing so. My wife doesn't think she could handle it. As long as we have lots of port days I know I'd be fine. We just booked the Christmas cruise on Norwegian GEM Thursday night and this will be our longest sailing as it is 9 days.
We like longer cruises. We've done a 14 day made up of two 7 day back to back (NCL Jewel) and a 14 day Cruise on Eclipse. Once you wind down, and don't try and do too much and in my case, eat everything in site, it's great to relax and be spoiled!

We enjoyed Celebrity a lot and have a 27 day cruise booked for fall on Constellation, starting in Istanbul and ending in Ft Lauderdale. Will anyone else be on board? We've done a few 3 week vacations, but with travel before and after, this will be a full month!

We're also looking at a cruise late April into March, probably back to back on Constellation (4 and 5 days for 9 days total) and should book that by the end of the coming week. *fingers crossed*

April 2014 Celebrity Equinox Caribbean
March 2014 Celebrity Century Bahamas
November 2013 Celebrity Constellation Istanbul to Fort Lauderdale (Turkey, Greek Isles, 3 Continents/TA)
April 2013 Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean
December 2012 Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean
January 2008 HAL Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean
November 2006 Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas Mexican Riviera
April 2006 NCL Jewel Eastern & Western Caribbean
May 2003 Disney Wonder Private Adult Only Charter Bahamas
December 1979 Carnival Carnival Caribbean (wow, I was young)

Old February 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi ladies,
My wife and I (of 8 years) have only recently discovered our love of cruising. We are booked on the Norwegian Jade out of Rome and back to back Eastern Mediterranean 13-23 Feb 2013. Any other couples planning this cruise? I see others have taken this trip as well - any recommendations?
Happy travels!
Elaine & Lisa

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2bespoiled View Post

We like longer cruises. We've done a 14 day made up of two 7 day back to back (NCL Jewel) and a 14 day Cruise on Eclipse. Once you wind down, and don't try and do too much and in my case, eat everything in site, it's great to relax and be spoiled!

We enjoyed Celebrity a lot and have a 27 day cruise booked for fall on Constellation, starting in Istanbul and ending in Ft Lauderdale. Will anyone else be on board? We've done a few 3 week vacations, but with travel before and after, this will be a full month!

We're also looking at a cruise late April into March, probably back to back on Constellation (4 and 5 days for 9 days total) and should book that by the end of the coming week. *fingers crossed*
27 DAYS!!!!......super WOW!!
Not only do I wish I can get that much time off from work, I wish I could devote it all to cruising lol.

I'm thinking if perhaps we split the days between two cruises my wife wouldn't feel to weird about it. Plus we'd have the added bonus of spending time on two different ships.

We're booked solid with 3 sailing in 2013. I'm already looking ahead to 2014 and would love to do an Hawaiian cruise on NCL Pride of America. That's suppose to be saved for our 5th wedding anniversary cruise in 2016 but I want it like NOW!! lol

I would also finally like to do an Olivia Cruise.

Our embarkment day wedding review: ~Norwegian Jewel~ 7/30/11 ...
---------------------------
Dana
(aka/Lipz wearing headpiece)
&
Sharine

Cruising Ship Wedding Planning.....!!!
------------------------------------------------
August 2014 - Explorer of the Seas
New Jersey-> Kings Wharf, Bermuda -> Philipsburg, St. Maarten -> San Juan, Puerto Rico -> Labadee, Haiti
May 2014 - Carnival Breeze
Miami, FL -> Key West, FL -> Grand Cayman, Cayman Island -> Cozumel, Mexico
August 2013 - Allure of the Seas
Fort Lauderdale, FL -> Labadee, Haiti -> Falmouth, Jamaica -> Cozumel, Mexico
May 2013 - Norwegian Breakaway
New York -> Bermuda
July 2012 - Carnival Miracle
New York -> San Juan, Puerto Rico -> St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands -> Grand Turk
August 2011 - Carnival Glory
New York -> Saint John, Canada-> Halifax, Canada
July 2011 - Norwegian Jewel
New York -> Port Canaveral, FL -> Great Stirrup Cay -> Nassau
May 2009 - RCI Majesty of the Seas
Miami -> Cocoa Cay -> Nassau
August 2004 - Carnival Imagination
Miami -> Key West (cancelled) -> Cozumel

Last edited by Lipz; February 2nd, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi,
We went on this cruise and had a great time. Have some chilly clothing and a rain jacket. We hooked up with cruise critic and did a great Costa Rican tour with them. We saw, we walked, we ate, we shopped, we visited the zoo and it was fantastic.
Just noticed you are from Boca as well! We are Ann and Rebecca from west Boca. Enjoy cruising so much that we moved to Florida. Would like to meet you and your partner for drinks or dinner and hear about your travels. If interested you can email us at Mnywmn1@aol.com Enjoy your upcoming cruises!

Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission08 View Post
Ann & Rebecca -

The Reflection was certainly a beautiful ship. Laura loved the Persian Gardens - relaxing on the heated beds, the sauna and steam room. Me? The Ice Room was more my style. I was sick for most of the cruise with some type of sinus bug, so didn't enjoy it as much as I would have, had I been feeling 100%. We also may have spoiled ourselves with all of the activities on the Allure and Oasis, as I'm one who prefers a lot of different options. I would have loved the art classes, but the problem was they were all full -- because those with Captain's Club status could sign up early. Laura felt like the entertainment was better on the Celebrity line, and the food was equal - mind you we just discovered cruising a couple of years ago, so we have a bit of catching up to do. Not sure if this blog will allow email addresses to come through, but if so, please contact me at Janis.m.goodman@gmail.com or on FB at Janis Eberle Goodman. Would absolutely love to have dinner when you return to hear about the cruise and get to know both of you! We're planning the Panama Canal next year -- have you done it?

Take care -

Janis & Laura
Hi ladies - sent you a friend request on Facebook. Thanks for the info! We have not cruised the Panama Canal before. Our upcoming cruise won't actually go through the canal, however tours are available. I'm excited to see Columbia and Costa Rica as well. We are really excited about our cruise! Have a great day!

Old February 4th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool West Boca gals

We did the Panama Canal on Princess. Great trip but I don't suggest taking the Panama tours as there is nothing to see but Panama Canal unless you go to the pacific. I. Woke up at 4am and watched and went through the canals while the ship went through and that was amazing.
Yes, the trip this weekend seems like it will be a little chilly. Even though CoZumel is south of Florida, our weather is 50-75 right now.

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Ladies,
Anyone cruising on the Constellation from Miami on Valentine's Day???
Just booked it...10 days and counting!
Denise & Alby
2012 NCL Dawn - Boston to Quebec
2012 NCL Sky - Bahamas
2011 Celebrity Solstice - Eastern Caribbean
2010 Celebrity Century - Key West/Cozumel
2009 NCL Sky - Bahamas
2007 HAL Zuiderdam (Olivia) - Eastern Caribbean
2006 Windstar Windsurf (Olivia) - Amalfi Coast/Rome
2006 HAL Zuiderdam (Olivia) - Eastern Caribbean
2005 Silver Sea Silver Shadow (Olivia) - Greek Isles/Venice
2004 HAL Veendam (Olivia) - Western Caribbean