Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Singles Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Old March 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachina doll View Post
Ya'll really need to try Azamara Journey. The best kept secret on the seas, their single supplement is 125% and you will have the time of your life. I've been on over 40 cruises, just started cruising as a single last year did 4 weeks on them San Juan to Manaus and back. That's the Amazon cruise. We had such a good time that we're having a reunion in PHX in 2 weeks. Both singles and couples are coming. Also spent 25 days on them last year in the Med/Riveria, one of those weeks was as a single, had a ball, was adopted by many couples and singles alike.
I and another lady friend are taking the 32 day transatlantic on Holland America leaving FLL on April 17. Have been on them before, only hope we're not the only singles on the entire ship. I'm already missing all the crew, captain, cruise director, manager of food and drink, etc from the Journey. It is truely the best cruise experience out there. Do yourselves a favor and check them out.
Azamara Journey leaves from far-off places. It doesn't do the week from Miami or Seattle thing. I'm just a poor working man...LOL.
Oh my, a 32 day cruise would be just great ! We would certainly get to know everybody onboard.

Enchanted Capri 2000 Mexico
Carnival Inspiration 2001 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 2002 Eastern Caribbean
HAL Statendam 2003 Alaska
HAL Oosterdam 2004 Alaska
Carnival Legend 2006 Panama Canal
Carnival Valor 2007 Western Caribbean
Carnival Destiny 2008 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Holiday 2009 Mexico
Carnival Triumph 2009 New England/Canada
Carnival Splendor 2010 Mexican Riviera
HAL Maasdam 2011 Canada/New England
Carnival Fantasy 2011 Bermuda
Island Princess 2012 Alaska
Sapphire Princess 2013 California coast
Crown Princess 2014 West Coast
Viking Prestige 2015 Danube River

Old March 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

You're right we would have a ball. Keep saving up and maybe I'll see you on the Journey. They do a little in the Caribbean, but you're right about the week out of the states.
Keep having fun!!!

Old March 27th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. My first cruise with a friend was in 1983 on the SS Norway (where I got my email address from). I admit we had thoughts of "Love Boat" love stories. We saw a large group of people having a ball at a nearby table. The group was from Singleworld. We decided that the next year we would go with that group and if we met someone, ok, if not, that was ok too. We loved cruising. The following year we took another NCL ship, the MS Starward. I met a man on that cruise who was from Colorado. We stayed in touch over 27 years and he died this past October. I laughed about the title of this thread because when we took a land vacation to Florida in February 1984 (over Valentine's Day), the Love Boat was on the TV when he turned it on that Saturday night. The first thing he said was, "That's not a ship, it's a movie set! I hate that show!" Well, because I liked the show, he left it on and went to the car for our luggage. After the show was over, there was a special with Anne Murray. She sang the song, "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do." After that, I thought of him every time I heard the song. He was a wonderful, sweet and caring man and I miss him. The funny thing about that cruise was that I wasn't "Looking for Love" but found it anyway. I guess it goes to show that you may find a great love when you are not looking.

NCL SS Norway - Oct 1983; NCL MS Starward - Sept 1984; BSL Bermuda Star - Oct 1985; NCL MS Seaward - Oct 1989; RCI Monarch of the Seas - Oct 1997; CCL Inspiration - Easter 2003

Last edited by Norwaylin; March 27th, 2012 at 02:01 AM.

Old March 27th, 2012, 06:30 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwaylin View Post
I had to laugh when I read the title of this thread. My first cruise with a friend was in 1983 on the SS Norway (where I got my email address from). I admit we had thoughts of "Love Boat" love stories. We saw a large group of people having a ball at a nearby table. The group was from Singleworld. We decided that the next year we would go with that group and if we met someone, ok, if not, that was ok too. We loved cruising. The following year we took another NCL ship, the MS Starward. I met a man on that cruise who was from Colorado. We stayed in touch over 27 years and he died this past October. I laughed about the title of this thread because when we took a land vacation to Florida in February 1984 (over Valentine's Day), the Love Boat was on the TV when he turned it on that Saturday night. The first thing he said was, "That's not a ship, it's a movie set! I hate that show!" Well, because I liked the show, he left it on and went to the car for our luggage. After the show was over, there was a special with Anne Murray. She sang the song, "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do." After that, I thought of him every time I heard the song. He was a wonderful, sweet and caring man and I miss him. The funny thing about that cruise was that I wasn't "Looking for Love" but found it anyway. I guess it goes to show that you may find a great love when you are not looking.
That's a nice story. I am very sorry about the loss of your friend.
Right before she met her misfortune I saw the Norway anchored off of a Caribbean port. She looked so majestic...like a ship, not a floating hotel.

Old March 27th, 2012, 06:32 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachina doll View Post
You're right we would have a ball. Keep saving up and maybe I'll see you on the Journey. They do a little in the Caribbean, but you're right about the week out of the states.
Keep having fun!!!
you keep having fun yourself. Someday I plan to do a cruise on the other side of the world...see you there maybe .

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise VS Tour

We did the Olympics last summer and a European tour. And while we loved it I just have to let you know, when you arrive into Vennice and see the ships it pulls at your heart strings, as a cruiser. If I had to do it again, fly into London, Eurostar to Paris, then sail for a 7 day out of Rome. After Hawaii this year...My next must do! Oh and as far as solo cruising...travel where you want and love will find you, so long as you love being out there!!!

1/91 Fantasy...9/91 American Hawian Cruises...2/93 Fantasy...12/94 Ecstasy...2/99 Ecstasy
6/99 Imagination...5/00 WDW...3/01 Ecstasy...11/01 WDW...2/03 Facination
12/03 Spirit...6/04 WDW...11/05 Facination...6/06 Victory...6/07WDW
4/07 Legand...3/08 Navigator OTS ... 11/08 Valor ...4/09 Distiny ..11/09 Freedom.
8/10 Sensation&WDW...10/10 Splendor...11/10WDW...Las Vegas X 10 1991-2011...3/11NavigatorOTS
8/11* Hawaii Ohau Turtle Bay Resort...8/12*EuropeanTour & Olympics... 3/13 WDW... 6/13 Pride of America Hawaiian Islands
8/13 Carnival Victory ... 11/13 Disneyland /Catalina Ca...3/14 Grand Canyon

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:48 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by C cruzer View Post
We did the Olympics last summer and a European tour. And while we loved it I just have to let you know, when you arrive into Vennice and see the ships it pulls at your heart strings, as a cruiser. If I had to do it again, fly into London, Eurostar to Paris, then sail for a 7 day out of Rome. After Hawaii this year...My next must do! Oh and as far as solo cruising...travel where you want and love will find you, so long as you love being out there!!!
Travel where you want ! That's the great thing about solo travel. As Frank Sinatra once sang..."I did it my way"...

Last edited by Thoth; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is an interesting topic. I went on my first cruise last year on Carnival for 5 days. I went with a friend really having no expectations other than to relax, have fun, and forget about work. I ended up meeting a nice woman on the second day and we ended up spending every day together until the end of the cruise. She was from half way around the world so nothing became of it.

Old February 12th, 2013, 01:54 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedT View Post
This is an interesting topic. I went on my first cruise last year on Carnival for 5 days. I went with a friend really having no expectations other than to relax, have fun, and forget about work. I ended up meeting a nice woman on the second day and we ended up spending every day together until the end of the cruise. She was from half way around the world so nothing became of it.
that's nice
Half the enjoyment of cruises for me is all the great people on-board.

Old April 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yes it is an interesting topic. Cruising solo is a way to put yourself out there but then again you end up meeting nice people who live far away from you.

One night stands may be tempting but why do it on a cruise when it is not something you do at home. It is part of a fantasy.

I was cruised by a crew member my last trip. Very handsome and sweet, he spent his time around me when on deck. It felt good to have the attention but I kept in mind that he is probably looking for release after 5 months on a ship.
He was very tempting but could only risk 30 minutes of his time. My goodness, I thought "I am not twenty anymore. Does he really think I am that foolish!" Besides, we all know what that means....He will take care of himself and will have no time for you. That can be very frustrating for a woman.

In these situations, crew members risk their job for 30 minutes of pleasure! Cause some ladies may get upset once they realize what just happened. Which is why these desperate men are so quick to say "I love you"!!!

Last edited by Gamin2008; April 7th, 2013 at 01:28 PM.

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin2008 View Post
Yes it is an interesting topic. Cruising solo is a way to put yourself out there but then again you end up meeting nice people who live far away from you.

One night stands may be tempting but why do it on a cruise when it is not something you do at home. It is part of a fantasy.

I was cruised by a crew member my last trip. Very handsome and sweet, he spent his time around me when on deck. It felt good to have the attention but I kept in mind that he is probably looking for release after 5 months on a ship.
He was very tempting but could only risk 30 minutes of his time. My goodness, I thought "I am not twenty anymore. Does he really think I am that foolish!" Besides, we all know what that means....He will take care of himself and will have no time for you. That can be very frustrating for a woman.

In these situations, crew members risk their job for 30 minutes of pleasure! Cause some ladies may get upset once they realize what just happened. Which is why these desperate men are so quick to say "I love you"!!!
oh my ! I guess it could have been the "love Boat" for you ...at least for 30 minutes.

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
oh my ! I guess it could have been the "love Boat" for you ...at least for 30 minutes.
He was younger and the Cougar in me wanted to rock his boat but 30 minutes with no reruns....not worth it!

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
Travel where you want ! That's the great thing about solo travel. As Frank Sinatra once sang..."I did it my way"...

That is right on! Why wait after others to do anything? When you wait, you may end up left behind. It's my life....

If I had waited on my friends to go on a vacation, I would have never gone. Cheers to my second solo cruise....Much more fun than my first!

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:28 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamin2008 View Post
That is right on! Why wait after others to do anything? When you wait, you may end up left behind. It's my life....

If I had waited on my friends to go on a vacation, I would have never gone. Cheers to my second solo cruise....Much more fun than my first!
So true ~! I've done 15 cruises... all solo.

Last edited by Thoth; May 14th, 2013 at 05:28 AM.