Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > New Cruisers > First Time Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

First Time Cruisers You May Also Want to Read: Over 4,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default More important? Ship or itinerary?

Hi there! I'm a first-time cruiser, trying to schedule our December 2013 honeymoon adventure. We've settled on Norwegian as having the most offerings in the style and price range we'd prefer. We're childless 31-year-olds who want some romance, adventure, fun, and good food on our own time table.

The problem is, I'm totally stuck on three different cruises. The first is on NCLs newest ship, the Epic. We're inclined towards that one b/c of the myriad options for food and entertainment. However, I'm not that thrilled with the itinerary (St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau). There are two other trips (New Orleans to Montego Bay, George Town, Cozumel on the Jewel and Tampa to Mahogany Bay, Belize City, Costa Maya on the Dawn) that sound so much more interesting to me, but the ships are older and less grandiose.

So my question is: What's more important about the cruise? The ship b/c that's where you'll spend the most time, or the islands b/c that's where you get to adventure?

Last edited by shibes372; February 5th, 2013 at 09:41 AM.