Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Lose Before You Cruise

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Lose Before You Cruise A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.

Old February 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

[quote=CupKayke;36973130]
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_girl View Post
What dose of Phentermine did you get? I have a weight loss dr, that has prescribed them to me...and I cut them in half. I don't take them all the time, but they are great for taking the edge off hunger. You really have to drink tons of water with them!!
quote]

37.5 mg. I took them in 2007 and lost nearly 25 pounds the first month! And back then, I didn't need to lose like I do now. I know all about the water thing. Thing is, they make me hyper and take away my sleep and the minute you quit taking them, you gain all the weight back. I'm not an advocate of taking them but I have them as my back-up... in case I'm not down 20 pounds by March 1st... but I feel like I will be... that's four weeks to lose 9 pounds.... I CAN DO THAT ON MY OWN!!
Totally agree!! That's why when I do take them I cut them in half...I have that sleep issue big time!!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!!

I had an bruised or inflamed ball of my foot from wearing running shoes to the zoo and doing a lot of standing this weekend, so weird. Rested it yesterday and just did some pilates (all floor) yesterday and it feels fine today which is good. So I'm off to run soon

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd share this website I use. Its called myyogaonline. I've only had it for about a month, but I think its awesome. They have tons of yoga/pilates and other videos. Did one of the pilates videos yesterday, only a 15 minute video, and my abs are so sore today. Need to do that more often. Then I did a good foam rolling video, its pretty great. The coupon code (tsfb1week) works for a free week. I found another that might work for a full month free (MY01MVP). Worth a try

Just thought I'd share

Keep up all the amazing work!!

Last edited by agottula; February 5th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey, it's been quiet for the last couple of days. Everyone must be busy working out to get ready for Friday's weigh in. Hope everyone is doing well!

February 2004 - Zaandam (Holland America) - Caribbean
December 2004 - Zaandam (Holland America) - Caribbean
August 2006 - New York City and Boston
December 2006 - Volendam (Holland America) - Caribbean
December 2007 - Land tour of Italy (Trafalgar Tours)
December 2008 - Grand Princess (Princess) - Caribbean
July 2010 - Caribbean Princess (Princess) - Caribbean
November 2012 - Infinity (Celebrity) - Panama Canal
October 2013 - Grand Princess (Princess) - Hawaii

Old February 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

I kind of blew it on Sunday. Just too much fun at my sister's watching the game! But I was back on track on Monday, except of course for the rest of the wine left over from Sunday. Hah.

We'll see what Friday morning brings. I keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race, right?

Old February 8th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

It's friday already in Germany.
I weigh in at 80 kg this morning, which equals a 2 lbs reduction since Last week.

Costa Marina - Nov 2005 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Costa Victoria - May 2007 - Eastern Med, Norwegian Gem - October 2007 - North Sea, Costa Fortuna - November 2007 Caribbean, Costa Classica - May 2008 Western Med around Spain, Costa Serena - November 2008 - Eastern Med , Costa Fortuna - Feb / March 2009 Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas - Western Med June 09, Celebrity Millenium - 2009 - 10 days Alaska Tour, Costa Marina - Feb 2011 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Voyager ots - May 2011 - Adriatic Sea Cruise, Mariner ots - Sep. 2011 - Eastern Med and Holy Land , Costa Serena - March 2012 - Western Med and Canary Islands, HAL MS Rotterdam - July 2012 - Southern Norway, Costa Mediterranea - Nov 2012 - Transatlantic, Costa Pacifica - Feb 2013 - Western Med, Celebrity Infinity - May 2013 - transatlantic - Celebrity Eclipse transatlantik nov. 2013

Old February 8th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good going kasi1979!

We are in the middle of a snowstorm here. Lots of snow falling. Very pretty out there - but - will have to start shoveling soon.

I'm down 1 pound this week to 147. This was my original goal when I started this whole thing last September. Since then, I've reset my goal to 140. That may be a little too low - but will see in another few pounds. The difficult part will be maintenance. I will need to stay motivated.

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in today.

Charlene

Old February 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

I am down 0 pounds.

I don't like this. I had 2 "so-so" days this week and the remainder days were AMAZING! I am going to increase the exercise, the water, and lower the carbs. I am not going to let this discourage me...but encourage me to be stricter and exercise more!
*Carnival ~ Spirit ~ B2B 12 nights ~ Vancouver, BC all the way to the Mexican Riviera (Ensenada, Manzanillo, PV, Cabo) ~2011
*Carnival ~ Triumph ~ Galveston ~ Progreso/Cozumel ~ 2012
*Carnival ~ Legend ~ Greek Isles (Italy/Croatia/Greece/Turkey/Spain) ~ 2013
My European Cruise Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1850814

Up Next ~ European Christmas Markets!

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Down to 145. I will be getting x-tra exercise today and tomorrow shoveling he 2 feet of snow we are expecting. To commemorate Blizzard Charlotte (are they really naming them now?) I treated myself to a new shovel

Next Up:

Celebrity Summit - 7/13 Bermuda
Royal Princess - 10/25 NYC to FLL
Celebrity Eclipse 2/15/15 - Caribbean

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cool Cruiser

Feeling a lil discouraged myself as I am only down 0.4 pounds since last Friday... I know I really need to add in some exercise.

My goal for this week will be to lose 2 pounds...sticking with my calorie counting on My Fitness Pal and adding exercise at least 3 days!

MOTIVATION...Vegas in 3 weeks...Cruise in 99 days!!

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Morning ladies - I stayed the same this week which is certainly better than a gain as I had some rough days. Superbowl I was way over, then munched again Monday on leftovers and didn't track food. Back on track Tuesday, Wednesday at hospital all day for my mom's knee surgery then to our monthly mom's gathering for apps and wine (we meet once a month and make care packages for our college freshman). Back on track Thursday. Today is our 21st Anniversary...not sure what we are doing tonight.

Positives: have continued to exercise every day
Bummer: the day I was at the hospital I forgot to log in to MFP....so my log in days were set back to zero. I am crushed ...but seriously kinda mad at myself for not logging. I did add everything in the following day. I have NOT started daily weigh ins or my strength training.....

Ashley - hope you foot feels better.
Great loss Kasi!
Charlene - how awesome to reach your (original) goal!
Cate - good luck with the storm. I am in south Jersey, so we are expecting only 4-6" later tonight....raining now.

Here's to a BIG loss next week - have a good weekend!
Wendy

Old February 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi all, Forgot to weigh this morning but I did remember a few days ago and I was down a pound, so taking that and I'm happy And I'm sure the chili dogs I ate last night would not have helped a weigh in this morning anyways.

This foot issue is not going away but I just don't want to stop with the running (I already paid for the race and I don't have time to halt training) UGH!! Going to try some foot pad things and see if that helps.

Good job to the ladies who had some losses. Any loss is a good loss, no matter how small.

Kay - No getting discouraged!! I read on MFP that your clothes are fitting better and that is huge!! Just keep it up and it will happen.

Charlene and Cate - stay safe in that snow!

Wendy - Happy Anniversary.

Good luck this weekend everyone!!

Old February 8th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Lost 2 lbs this week - which makes my net loss over the last two weeks 0 Well - moving in the right direction anyway

Kay - one week does not reflect your success - you are doing great!

Kasi and Kate - great job!

Charlene - I am also amused they are naming blizzards now Great job in making your goal weight (the last few comfort pounds are the hardest IMHO)

Ashley - I'm going to try the website! I like exercise where I do not have to go to a gym - so much more convenient making it more likely I will do it

Summer girl - try the bootcamp! It made me feel so strong - even though it included many things I don't like (running...at 5:30 am...in the rain).

Good wishes to all the ladies this week! I agree with sweetpea - slow and steady - Italy (or whichever awesome holiday) is calling

- Alyssa

Old February 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks for all the comments ladies. Still....

I'm frustrated today.

Dieting is not always fun and not always easy and I'm facing that head-on today. I'll report back tomorrow & I'm sure I'll be fine but I just want to say... to anyone reading our thread.. it's not always easy... some days... it's really, really, really hard... this is my first hard day in 39 days. I'll get through it though. I'm only 9 pounds away from being 20 pounds down since New Year's Eve. That's a good feeling.
*Carnival ~ Spirit ~ B2B 12 nights ~ Vancouver, BC all the way to the Mexican Riviera (Ensenada, Manzanillo, PV, Cabo) ~2011
My European Cruise Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1850814

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupKayke View Post
Thanks for all the comments ladies. Still....

I'm frustrated today.

Dieting is not always fun and not always easy and I'm facing that head-on today. I'll report back tomorrow & I'm sure I'll be fine but I just want to say... to anyone reading our thread.. it's not always easy... some days... it's really, really, really hard... this is my first hard day in 39 days. I'll get through it though. I'm only 9 pounds away from being 20 pounds down since New Year's Eve. That's a good feeling.
I totally hear you!! I had one of those days a little while back lest we not forget You work hard and you are allowed to be upset here and there!!

Old February 9th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yup Kay - some days are HARD.

It feels like working all week, perhaps overtime, every day, then being told at the end of the week. "Well, you worked very hard this week, but you are not going to get paid. Now, if you work just as hard next week, you might get paid, but maybe not. Maybe just half." It makes me think, to heck with this, I'm quitting...and eating Doritos.

There are those days. Fortunately, they pass. Thanks for starting this forum so there is a place to vent when it goes poorly, celebrate when it goes well and anticipated weigh-ins to keep us accountable.

Old February 9th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtrekker View Post
Yup Kay - some days are HARD.

It feels like working all week, perhaps overtime, every day, then being told at the end of the week. "Well, you worked very hard this week, but you are not going to get paid. Now, if you work just as hard next week, you might get paid, but maybe not. Maybe just half." It makes me think, to heck with this, I'm quitting...and eating Doritos.

There are those days. Fortunately, they pass. Thanks for starting this forum so there is a place to vent when it goes poorly, celebrate when it goes well and anticipated weigh-ins to keep us accountable.

So well said!! Working without getting paid, its a bitch!!

Old February 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cool Cruiser

I got "paid" today ~ I woke-up and I was down THREE FREAKING POUNDS - ALL THREE WEIGHS - I usually do 2 out of 3 since my scales aren't high-end.

Talk about new motivation!! It's not official because it's not a Friday but let's hope it stays off!! I cheated last night cuz I was pissed-off! LOL

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Kay,

that´s awesome
I keep my fingers crossed that you entered a new trend.

We are heading to the movies tonight, got to keep my hands of all the movie-junkfood...

Costa Marina - Nov 2005 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Costa Victoria - May 2007 - Eastern Med, Norwegian Gem - October 2007 - North Sea, Costa Fortuna - November 2007 Caribbean, Costa Classica - May 2008 Western Med around Spain, Costa Serena - November 2008 - Eastern Med , Costa Fortuna - Feb / March 2009 Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas - Western Med June 09, Celebrity Millenium - 2009 - 10 days Alaska Tour, Costa Marina - Feb 2011 - Western Med + Canary Islands, Voyager ots - May 2011 - Adriatic Sea Cruise, Mariner ots - Sep. 2011 - Eastern Med and Holy Land , Costa Serena - March 2012 - Western Med and Canary Islands, HAL MS Rotterdam - July 2012 - Southern Norway, Costa Mediterranea - Nov 2012 - Transatlantic, Costa Pacifica - Feb 2013 - Western Med, Celebrity Infinity - May 2013 - transatlantic - Celebrity Eclipse transatlantik nov. 2013

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just wrapped up 6 hours of shoveling. I wonder how many calories I burned, we got over 2 feet of snow. Normally, we get plowed but who knows when that might happen

Next Up:

Celebrity Summit - 7/13 Bermuda
Royal Princess - 10/25 NYC to FLL
Celebrity Eclipse 2/15/15 - Caribbean

Old February 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Shoveling snow is a great workout! I think I did it 4 times yesterday. The snow would not stop. I heard the NE states got double what we got.