Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

We have puppy raiser friends of ours that found out yesterday that the dog they raised is in team training right now and got pre-matched yesterday. Go Buffy! If all goes well we will see her graduate next Friday. We also have puppy raiser friends that will be turning in their pup for advanced training next Friday.

Thats great!! Tell them congrats from us.

Hello all. I often read your messages and follow along, but I don't participate very often.

I'd like to ask a question. It does seem that we all show affection to our service animals. Have you ever had it questioned, pet versus service, because of this?

I don't see how you can't grow to love your dog, but I'm tired of having him called a pet. Even while he's properly marked otherwise.

Kathy, that's a complicated question.

I love, no, I adore my Service Dog. When I had "pets" I also loved and adored them but there's something so very special about a dog who, unconditionally, will try to open or shut a door for you or pick something up off the floor or push the elevator button or unzip your clothes and tug the sleeve of your sweater to help you get it off or alert you to a sound that you might not have heard......there's something so special about a dog who only wants to please you for a BIG THANK YOU or a piece of kibble.

The "public" will always say or ask the most inane questions or comments. My skin is getting thicker and thicker when comes to my "amazing hero" - My Service Dog!

Horton is HUGE, he ALWAYS wears his Service Vest out in public and still I get questions, so many questions. The public is either in "AWH" of our dogs or totally dumbfounded about the Service Dog in general.

To the "public": Call him a "pet" just don't try to push/pull/tug or lure him away from me!

Hi All, Nancy sorry to hear about your loss. This past 2 weeks we have had 2 friends who lost their fathers, and another one that was given 3 days to live. Not fun.

Speaking of not fun, 2feet of snow? :mad: That is not fun!!!! :mad: Lee is driving up in the morning for the weekend. He will help me shovel and clean off the cars. 2 feet is even too much for Wex. He will have to do his business on the sidewalk. :eek: I had grocery shopped yesterday but forgot a few things and had to go out today. What a madhouse!!! I am not going out again. The mayor of Boston already called for non essential personal not to go in tomorrow and closed school in the city. John's guy seems to wait til last minute to close and then calls at 5:30am. I hope he is smart enough to call it off today, especially so parents can make arrangements for their kids. I don't think John will go in anyway. I have been house cleaning all day cuz I usually do it on Friday and won't be able to do it with all the guys here. Everytime we get a dusting the sander guy comes and sands. :confused: I have no idea why, but I have to vacuum everyday or the house is filled with sand, it's like being at the beach!! Yesterday we went for a walk and Wex stepped in the one pile of snow at the park, next thing we know he is holding his paw in the air. I thought he got a piece of rocksalt stuck in it but there was nothing but snow. :confused: What a wuss!! I brushed it off and he walked fine. He's such a wierdo!!

How adorable! :D

Cindy: Very sorry for your loss, also. Getting older sucks. As for your "boys" it says it all Wexy and Horty are still boys! Little men, need I say more?

To top off everything else, my home town is Riverside and that is where we were for 2 days this week. Right in the same area where the officers were shot. I am so sad about the events of the way our world is going. I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach. I certainally hope they catch this very ill person before he kills anyone else.

Cindy: Very sorry for your loss, also. Getting older sucks. As for your "boys" it says it all Wexy and Horty are still boys! Little men, need I say more?

To top off everything else, my home town is Riverside and that is where we were for 2 days this week. Right in the same area where the officers were shot. I am so sad about the events of the way our world is going. I have a pit in the bottom of my stomach. I certainally hope they catch this very ill person before he kills anyone else.

Nancy, it's absolutely frightening.

Hi Roz

hope all is well

are you doing Alaska in September? I did it last year about the same time and had a wonderful trip!

I need the name of your limo service again...I lost it (or the one you use I mean)

Lois

Hi Lois, I don't plan Alaska trips because Morey doesn't like the cold [of course he's not cruising much either] but, I try to plan vacations based on the hopes that maybe he'll change his mind. :rolleyes:

The Limo Service is - Executive Transportation - 800-348-4010.

To All of Our Friends in the Northeast: Please stay warm and safe. We're going to have some cold weather for the next few days but certainly nothing like what you guys are getting.

We're thinking about you and praying that you're all safe and sound!!!!!

WinterNemo_zps66732979.jpg

Nancy, it's absolutely frightening.

Roz, remember the picture I gave you of the parent orange tree in Riverside? That's the intersection where one of the shootings occurred. The police had it blocked off yesterday and I had to go a different way to work. Yes, it's very frightening.

Funny but NOT FUNNY! :o Or, should I say ridiculous! The east has really had WEATHERthis year!

Roz, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I agree that the east coast has had some terrible weather this year. I only think it's "funny" that The Weather Channel named this storm "Nemo." (I was sent this pic from a co-worker is Boston. Didn't even get it until I saw the name "Nemo" on the web.)

Roz, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I agree that the east coast has had some terrible weather this year. I only think it's "funny" that The Weather Channel named this storm "Nemo." (I was sent this pic from a co-worker is Boston. Didn't even get it until I saw the name "Nemo" on the web.)

I know you didn't! You're a sweetheart! Even our weather people were surprised at the name. They were making all sorts of comments last night and this morning.

Hi Lois, I don't plan Alaska trips because Morey doesn't like the cold [of course he's not cruising much either] but, I try to plan vacations based on the hopes that maybe he'll change his mind. :rolleyes:

The Limo Service is - Executive Transportation - 800-348-4010.

Thanks Roz...so then where are you going (on the Sea princess) in September? is it another costal?

Thanks Roz...so then where are you going (on the Sea princess) in September? is it another costal?

It's the Star Princess and it's another coastal with a bit of a change in the itinerary. It will have two sea days, with no Catalina.

A change from the one in March which has NO sea days, two days in San Francisco and a visit to Catalina. I have family in San Francisco and this sure beats a 6 hour drive to see them. I can't think of a better way to see the folks than off a cruise ship! ;) Then, I get to climb right back on and enjoy my amazing, floating hotel!

To All of Our Friends in the Northeast: Please stay warm and safe. We're going to have some cold weather for the next few days but certainly nothing like what you guys are getting.

We're thinking about you and praying that you're all safe and sound!!!!!

We are all fine here. The storm is just starting to pick up. The worst is yet to come. :eek: Wex loves it. We took him out and he ran like crazy. Every minute they have a different amount of snow we are getting. 2 Feet or around there. Lee drove up last night, so we have him to help me shovel out. Plus it's just fun to have him here. When he comes in Wexler goes over to him, but then ignores him. We think he's mad because Lee isn't around. He ignores me sometimes when I get back from CT. Wierdo.

Love the Nemo pic!

At johns school they made a mural in the cafeteria, for an art project. It's scenes of a day at the school. Well they put Wex in it. So I'm going to try to post it.

505591301_CopyofWexlerMural1.JPG.8e5d380a1b6981fa2501bc4dc8765645.JPG

10174790_CopyofWexlerMural3.JPG.36bbda3ca7d4c66e70f5cf328ef779f8.JPG

Roz, remember the picture I gave you of the parent orange tree in Riverside? That's the intersection where one of the shootings occurred. The police had it blocked off yesterday and I had to go a different way to work. Yes, it's very frightening.

Wow! That's way too close for comfort.

This guy has all the knowledge and training it takes to keep hiding. I hope he just shoots himself and saves everyone the aggrevation and money!

We are all fine here. The storm is just starting to pick up. The worst is yet to come. :eek: Wex loves it. We took him out and he ran like crazy. Every minute they have a different amount of snow we are getting. 2 Feet or around there. Lee drove up last night, so we have him to help me shovel out. Plus it's just fun to have him here. When he comes in Wexler goes over to him, but then ignores him. We think he's mad because Lee isn't around. He ignores me sometimes when I get back from CT. Wierdo.

Love the Nemo pic!

At johns school they made a mural in the cafeteria, for an art project. It's scenes of a day at the school. Well they put Wex in it. So I'm going to try to post it.

Aww! I love the mural of Wex. Stay safe, you're all over our news with your winter storm warnings!

Love the Nemo pic!

Nice mural.

Glad to hear you are all good. I was watching TV this morning and saw a black lab running in the snow----of course, "I said there goes Wex" LOL Hopefully you keep your electric and don't have any problems.

Hey All, We are buried. Around 28" for us. They have not even plowed our parking lot yet. One plow broke down and the other must be somewhere else. I have some pics. First pic is the cars outside our window. It's unbelievable that you can barely see them. They plowed a strip from the road, which is at the top of pic 2 to the front door which is at bottom right of pic. The big pile is where the put the snow for now. And pic 3 is Johns van. I can't even get to my car which is in the back lot. :eek: Wow!!! Wex had no trouble peeing in the lot but he didn't want to poop. Lee shoveled a little spot in the area he usually goes so we will hope for the best. But he had a ball running around outside. He will sleep good.

731041932_CopyofDSC_0153.JPG.390dfa535f87a7a6360d36193be802d1.JPG

1452583863_CopyofDSC_0156.JPG.bb47b8d3b229d2a45aca5d336f77fa47.JPG

236777935_CopyofDSC_0159.JPG.0b816d7eaa3767092a35ef70fb044c4f.JPG

Hey All, We are buried. Around 28" for us. They have not even plowed our parking lot yet. One plow broke down and the other must be somewhere else. I have some pics. First pic is the cars outside our window. It's unbelievable that you can barely see them. They plowed a strip from the road, which is at the top of pic 2 to the front door which is at bottom right of pic. The big pile is where the put the snow for now. And pic 3 is Johns van. I can't even get to my car which is in the back lot. :eek: Wow!!! Wex had no trouble peeing in the lot but he didn't want to poop. Lee shoveled a little spot in the area he usually goes so we will hope for the best. But he had a ball running around outside. He will sleep good.

That is a LOT of snow! Has it stopped falling? It looks like you still have your power. Keep warm and safe!

Holy snowballs Batman.......How are you guys going to get around?

Thanks for sharing the great pics, they sure give us an idea of what is going on......Unbelieveable.

Our heat is running, it's about 40 degrees right now.....and, trust me that's cold for us!!!!!! Yesterday it was about 35 and when it rained it was hail.....exciting [and it lasted for all of 1/2 hour!].

We'd be overwhelmed if we had to live in your weather conditions. We're whimps when it comes to extreme hot or cold.....don't even mention snow....snow is something we'll drive our kids to and buy special clothes and gear for. For us it's a ride in Disneyland! :p

Edited by wizard-of-roz