Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Honeymoon - Passport/ID name change help!

I'm getting married on saturday 8/17 and our honeymoon is booked on the Victory leaving Monday 8/19. We'll probably fly out of Wisconsin on sunday night because flying in the same day as the ship leaves is a little too stressful for me. Now my driver's license and my passport are obviously in my maiden name, do I have to get that changed before leaving for the cruise or can I wait and do that when we return seeming as we don't have much time? The cruise and everything is booked under my name anyways....Just not sure how to go about this one, looking for advice!
Thank you all

Cruise History:
Carnival Legend - Exotic Eastern Caribbean - January 2006
Carnival Elation - Eastern Caribbean - January 2007
Carnival Destiny - Western Caribbean - March 2009
Carnival Splendor - Mexican Riviera - March 2010
Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean - January 2011
Carnival Breeze - Caribbean - August 2013 *Honeymoon!*

Old January 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

As long as your cruise documents and passport are in the same name, you will be fine. There's plenty of time to stress about name changes when you get back. Congrats and enjoy your cruise!

Old January 9th, 2013, 12:20 PM
10,000+ Club

Agree with above. You only need a passport anyway, not your driver's license, and there'd be no time to get these changed.

Old January 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
10,000+ Club

Travel under your maiden name as others have said. You will not have the legal copy of your marriage certificate (filed and recorded with the county registrar) until weeks or months after the wedding. Only then can you proceed with getting your DL, SS and all other documents changed over to your married name.

Been There Done That: Crown Princess April 2013, Crown Princess Oct/Nov 2012, Grand Princess Dec 2011, Sapphire Princess March 2011, Emerald Princess July 2010, Maui by Kayak March 2008, Grand Princess March 2007 (Man Overboard Cruise) Carnival Spirit March 2006, Golden Princess June 2004, Star Princess July 2002, Ryndam June 1998, Nordic Prince 1986, Norway 1984

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylandtk View Post
Travel under your maiden name as others have said. You will not have the legal copy of your marriage certificate (filed and recorded with the county registrar) until weeks or months after the wedding. Only then can you proceed with getting your DL, SS and all other documents changed over to your married name.
exact advice carnival gave my fiance. We will be married Sept 28, boarding the freedom sept 29. They said to make sure she's booked under the information on her ID's.

CARNIVAL INSPIRATION 6/20/2005
CARNIVAL VALOR 6/15/2008
CARNIVAL FREEDOM 9/29/2013

Old February 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Agreed- travel under your Maiden name- getting names changed on everything takes a lot longer and more effort than one would think.

Congratulations!!!