Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old February 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Simple Man Cruise on the NCL Pearl?

Hi we are thinking of booking the Simple Man cruise with Sixthman events.Has anyone done a similar cruise and can tell me what it's like.My husband and son are big Skynyrd fans so I know they will love it.Will it be like all other NCL cruises but with added events,I can't seem to find any reviews or info about this cruise?
Thanks

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Try simplemancruisedotcom/event/

Norwegian Pearl
October 20-24th from Miami to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay.
Lynyrd Skynyrd and Sixthman...Simple Man Cruise VII.

Mike

6/80 CCL Festivale
1/05 CCL Legend - WEST
4/05 CCL Inspiration,
4/06 CCL Fantasy-Nassau/HMC
1/07 Caribbean Princess -East
9/07 CCL FASCINATION - KeyWest
2/27/08 CCL Miracle--CC Group Leader
7/05/08 NCL Majesty- Bermuda
1/10/09-Ruby Princess -W.Caribbean,
5/17/09 CCL Pride-Bahamas,
1/21/10 CCL Destiny- B2B -
1/25/10 CCL Destiny,
7/11/10 CCL Valor - W. Caribbean
1/25/11 NCL Sun-Bahamas -B2B -
1/29/11 CCL Dream
9/10/11 CCL Dream
2/06/12 RCCL Enchantment
6/02/12 RCCL Oasis
09/24/12 CCL Ecstasy
Cruise #20- 01/12/13 RCCL Oasis,
07/12/2013 RCCL Grandeur-Bermuda
01/09/14 CCL Sensation B2B
01/12/2014 RCCL Freedom
NEXT: 05/16/2014 RCCL Grandeur
1/24/2015 Celebrity Reflection

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila59 View Post
Hi we are thinking of booking the Simple Man cruise with Sixthman events.Has anyone done a similar cruise and can tell me what it's like.My husband and son are big Skynyrd fans so I know they will love it.Will it be like all other NCL cruises but with added events,I can't seem to find any reviews or info about this cruise?
Thanks
Sixthman cruises are similar to, but nothing like, normal cruises... I haven't been on Simple Man, but I've been on 7 of Sixthman's cruises and the main focus is definitely on the music/entertainment. They're full charters, so Sixthman does customize the activities onboard.

None of the standard cruise performers will be on the boat, just the bands. Generally there will be music starting around 2PM and going to around midnight-2AM each day (except shore days - on those days the music starts whenever you leave port).

You can still do the standard cruise activities like food, spa, pool, etc. Usually there is music going on the pool deck so you're not going to have much nap time up there! Things like Bingo are usually adapted for the cruise (e.g. hosted by one of the bands).

The bands are on board the whole time, so sometimes you end up running into them randomly in line for food or wherever. It's a really great experience if you are either a big fan of one or more of the bands, of the style of music or just are open to music generally. It's more money than a normal cruise but in my opinion it's totally worth it!

Hope that helps - if you have specific questions let me know.

Old February 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila59 View Post
Thanks
I haven't been on the Skynrd cruise but am a long-time Sixthman cruiser - I'm going on my 9th Rock Boat on Sunday. You should find their FB page (for the Skynrd cruise) - it's a good place to ask more specific questions on the event and past cruisers will be really friendly and straight-forward with you.

I will say, after doing a Sixthman produced event, I'm very unlikely to do a "regular" cruise. There is so much more going on on one of their events and so much to do beyond the "typical" cruise entertainment/activities on board. Their passengers tend to "get it" and are similarly minded and really friendly...If you're a L/S fan, I will promise you a great time on that cruise.