Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old February 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default New to Cruise Critic..HELP 2013 Carnival Imagination Bride

Hello Everyone,
This is my first day on this website. I've enjoyed reading all you guys post so I decided to sign up! I'm already married but we went to the courthouse (on Valentines Day 08) because we didn't have the money. We really wanted to share our day with our family and friends so we decided to wait until our 5 year anniversary to have a wedding on a Carnival cruise. I would love any advice or tips anyone can give me. Thanks in advance!

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

How very sweet, Happy upcoming Anniversary....I've found all kinds of great advice thru these boards, and everyone is so friendly, Happy Planning

5/20/2007 Carnival Legend, Daughters 9th Birthday!!

5/5/2013 Wedding Cruise Carnival Glory!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1861034

10/14/2013 Carnival Imagination with friends!!
jaxie001@hotmail.com

Old February 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
10,000+ Club

Look at the vow renewal packages on Carnival's webpage.

Old February 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6rugrats View Post
Look at the vow renewal packages on Carnival's webpage.
I looked at there Vow Renewal packages but I didn't like them because you don't know actually what time the wedding will be, day or location until you already on the ship. I didn't really like that idea. Plus I want the vibe of having a real wedding with bridesmaids and all.

Old February 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Maybe you could have a ceremony at port and they might be able to give you a real wedding if you explain that you don't need the license part but you do need a real ceremony. Then, go back to the ship for your reception. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie001 View Post
How very sweet, Happy upcoming Anniversary....I've found all kinds of great advice thru these boards, and everyone is so friendly, Happy Planning
Thank you! I am addicted to these boards! Lol they are so helpful!

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFreeman21408 View Post
I looked at there Vow Renewal packages but I didn't like them because you don't know actually what time the wedding will be, day or location until you already on the ship. I didn't really like that idea. Plus I want the vibe of having a real wedding with bridesmaids and all.
I quickly dismissed carnival's packages also for my wedding next year for the same reason. Have you looked into an island wedding at one of your port of calls? Since you are already married you dont have to worry about any licence restrictions, so you pretty much have your choice of any island. I have found an island wedding to be cheaper and more customizable then a wedding on the cruise ship.....plus can you beat wedding photos on a white sand beach with sparkling blue water in the background?
12/2012 - Carnival Liberty - Exotic Western Carib. NYE Cruise
3/2014 - Carnival Liberty - Exotic Eastern Carib. -- WE GOT HITCHED! Review of our Carnival Liberty, St. Thomas - Island Bliss Wedding
4/2014 - Carnival Valor - Southern Carrib. - B2B Wedding/Honeymoon Cruises!

4/19/2015 - Carnival Liberty - Southern Caribbean 1 year anniversary and cruise with Framily!
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old March 4th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Please don't rule out "vow renewal at sea". True, you don't know which day, but with Carnival you do have input into the day. Carnival says it has to be a sea and can't be "cruise elegant night"(CEN) day. So on the Pride, we knew sea days were Monday, Tuesday or Saturday. Monday is "CEN, so it would be Tues or Sat. My daughter had her wedding as a "vow renewal ceremony" with "poofy dresses", bridesmaids, flower girl, etc. Originally, the plan was to do an embarkation ceremony, but it was changed. The best decision they made was to change it! It was so much more relaxed than trying to get on the ship, get ready and have the wedding and reception on embarkation day! She wrote a review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

When they met with the coordinator on board, they knew they wanted Tuesday around 3PM, so they could have the wedding, 1 hour open bar reception and then have dinner. It worked perfectly time wise! AND the at sea vow renewal, was so much cheaper than embarkation day wedding!!

Carnival Fantasy 02/07-Cozumel
Carnival Victory 06/08-Canada
Carnival Triumph 06/09-Canada
Carnival Pride 10/11/09-Bahamas
Carnival Pride 2/7/10-Bahamas Snowmageddon Escape
Carnival Glory 6/19/10-Canada

Carnival Pride 12/11/11-Bahamas Birthday Escape
Carnival Glory 6/2012 B2B Canada
Carnival Pride 11/2/12-CTN-Platinum

Carnival Pride 1/13/13- DD's Wedding Cruise to the Bahamas
Carnival Glory 6/16/2013 B2B Canada
Carnival Glory 6/20/2013 B2B Canada
Carnival Freedom 11/23/2014 Western Caribbean

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserBren View Post
Please don't rule out "vow renewal at sea". True, you don't know which day, but with Carnival you do have input into the day. Carnival says it has to be a sea and can't be "cruise elegant night"(CEN) day. So on the Pride, we knew sea days were Monday, Tuesday or Saturday. Monday is "CEN, so it would be Tues or Sat. My daughter had her wedding as a "vow renewal ceremony" with "poofy dresses", bridesmaids, flower girl, etc. Originally, the plan was to do an embarkation ceremony, but it was changed. The best decision they made was to change it! It was so much more relaxed than trying to get on the ship, get ready and have the wedding and reception on embarkation day! She wrote a review:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

When they met with the coordinator on board, they knew they wanted Tuesday around 3PM, so they could have the wedding, 1 hour open bar reception and then have dinner. It worked perfectly time wise! AND the at sea vow renewal, was so much cheaper than embarkation day wedding!!

Thank you for the review link. You are right, the vow renewal ceremony is much cheaper ! If I didn't have such a big group then I would have picked that but I just want to get it over with the first day. Less stress and headache lol

Old March 6th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo59rt View Post
I quickly dismissed carnival's packages also for my wedding next year for the same reason. Have you looked into an island wedding at one of your port of calls? Since you are already married you dont have to worry about any licence restrictions, so you pretty much have your choice of any island. I have found an island wedding to be cheaper and more customizable then a wedding on the cruise ship.....plus can you beat wedding photos on a white sand beach with sparkling blue water in the background?

Thanks buti went ahead and booked the deluxe welcome aboard package. I'm officially a carnival imagination bride!! Yay!

Old March 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Yay! Welcome to the club!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

9-Day Repositioning, RCL Grandeur of the Seas, April 2013 (Honeymoon Cruise) ~ 3-Day Bahamas, Carnival Imagination, April 2013 (Wedding Cruise!) ~ 3-Day Bahamas, Norwegian Sky, June 2012 (Just because) ~ 4-Day Bahamas, RCL Majesty of the Seas, January 2012 (Birthday cruise) ~ 4-Day Bahamas, Norwegian Sky, October 2011 (Halloween cruise) ~ 4-Day Bahamas, Norwegian Sky, June 2011 (Last-minute summer getaway) ~ 7-Day Western Caribbean, Norwegian Spirit, January 2011 (Bday cruise with the Twin) ~ 3-Day Bahamas, Norwegian Sky, April 2010 (Officially obsessed with cruising) ~ 3-Day Bahamas, Norwegian Sky, January 2009 (Bday cruise and first cruise)