1. I think this is a biggie as it is a safety issue. Bring your own pack and play sheet!!!!! They do not have specific crib sheets and just fold a large sheet multiple times and place it in the PnP. Major SIDS/strangulation risk (I will be writing RCCL about this). Also if your LO uses a blanket bring one as we were not given one. This was not an issue as Jack does not use one.
2. If you are in a balcony try and get one with the bed next to the balcony. The couch is smaller in these rooms and you can move the couch just a bit so it is next to the bed and the PnP fits perfectly between the couch and closet. My mother had a room with the opposite setup and there is no good place to put the PnP.
3. Dinner which seems to be a trouble spot for some was pretty easy. The one thing that really worked for us was ordering Jacks dinner the night before so when we got there Jack had food within 5-10 min. All of the wait room staff was great with him they were always playing with him and half the time they would pick him up and dance around the dining room with him. He was in heaven. I did have to take him out one night before dessert because he was getting fussy but one night out of seven is pretty darn good in my book. The table behind us had a 18 month old that loved to have a major meltdown through dinner EVERY night. And they just let her. I hope I don't get flamed for this but: please take your children out of the MDR if they are having a meltdown it ruins everyone's meal that is within ear shot.
4. I only used the royal tots and babies once it was pretty good. They were very friendly but did not use the sea phone they gave me when they needed to get ahold of me. Jack puked all over himself and I did not give them extra cloths. So they dressed him in some very cute RCCL clothing but I would have liked to know that my son was ill.
5. In Haiti we got a cabana. It was a lifesaver for us. The day we were in port it was hot as You know what and the cabana had a fan and was in the shade which is hard to come by. Jack was able to take a nice two hour nap. Without the cabana he would have either been woken up by the heat or the noise from other people. The one thing I didn't like is that the water play area for the little ones is in direct sunlight. Not a tree or any shade structure anywhere near it. So some of the water features got VERY hot and being the crazy mom I am I was reapplying sunscreen what felt like a million times.
6. One of the reasons I loved the stateroom we were in was location. We were just steps from Central Park. This is great for strolling at 6 am when a little guy I know doesn't understand that vacation means sleeping in. The Park cafe is right there as well and IMO is leaps and bounds better than Windjammer.
7. Baby splash pool was great. Not only did jack have fun interacting with all of the babies but I also got to meet other moms and dads. A great time was had by all. The only very small down side is that at time older children would start to overtake this pool as it is the only one that is heated and it has some fun fountains. Another mother talked to a staff member about it and we never had anymore problems. They stayed on top of keeping the older ones out.
Things we brought that were must haves:
Disposable bibs, no cleaning necessary
Disposable floor mats, great for under high chair. the staff works hard enough they don't want to be picking up the massive amounts of food that doesn't make into Jacks mouth.
Sanitizing hand wipes, great for after crawling around on public floors
Tylenol, you never know. Jack decided to cut 6 teeth and it was a real life saver.
It was a great vacation! We all had a lot of fun and Jack was a trooper.
I do not have any baby and tot compasses as they were never given to us (grrrr). If you have any questions ask away I will do my best to tell you what I can or give my opinion on things.
Disney Wonder - September 2006
RCCL Sovergn - October 10, 2008 (BFF's Birthday Bash)
RCCL Navigator - January 3, 2009 (Wedding)
RCCL Navigator - February 19, 2009 (2nd Honeymoon)
RCCL Monarch - June 1, 2009
RCCL Explorer - April 10, 2010 (DH's Birthday)
RCCL Navigator - March 31, 2011
Disney Magic - April 29,2012 (DS's First cruise at exactly 3 months old)
RCCL Oasis - January 5, 2013 (Anniversary, DS 1st Birthday)
RCCL Vision - May 22, 2014
RCCL Allure - January 8, 2017
RCCL Majesty - March 3, 2017