Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Singles Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Old October 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Great to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublell View Post
I'll back up the poster who suggested the NCL Epic. I'm 70 and not necessarily looking for a relationship, but I'm not averse to one. On each of my cruises in the singles studios, I have run into women who made it clear that they were looking for something and were interested in me. Since I was just there to enjoy a solo cruise, it sort of surprised me, but it worked out pretty well. In my opinion, because of the studio rooms, this is a great ship for meeting singles. If you get your father to try it (and if he really wants to meet women), tell him to be sure to attend the evening get-togethers, especially the one the first evening, so you can meet people. Even if he doesn't meet a "special" woman, he's sure to run into people he can enjoy spending the week with.
I am now a widower and love to cruise. I am not young and was worried about being old and cruising alone. I guess I can now try NCL and get a studio. Happy cruising dublell.

Old November 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cool Cruiser

I have been on 7 heading this month for 8 as a widow. I am 71 and have enjoyed every cruise I have taken. My husband and I only got to take 2 cruises but I cruised single before I met him.
People are friendly . Men seem to be friendlier then women.
The Epic has the solo cabins but who cares about the privite sitting room. I love to sit and watch the people. That room cost extra. An inside cabin is usually cheaper then thier solo cabin. Also they only go to 3 islands I am doing Ruby Princess which goes to 4 islands and when I booked it it was cheaper then Epic. I don't want to pay to ride on the ocean. I want to go sight seeing every chance possible. Joyce

Old December 4th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Live it up!!

I'm not even sure if you've already been on your cruise... If not, I'll share about my one & only solo cruise (and probably my favorite of all times!). I had such a great time because the very 1st night I went to the show and went to the front row where some other ladies were sitting. Fortunately for me they were outgoing and very friendly. One lady was from So. Africa and the others from Texas. Though that was quite a few years ago, we all still have contact.

After I met the "girls" we got together every night for dinner and some excursions. They made the trip a lot of fun! On the other hand, I could come & go as I pleased. I didn't have to worry about what anyone else wanted to do or where they wanted to go. I would nap in the afternoon...sleep til noon... and just let loose!

Pam L
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaqueen77 View Post
I am 56 single female going alone on my first cruise July 15. Any advise.
Thanks

Old December 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Love to cruise and now single

I have read this blog with some interest but I was hoping there is a site that is focused on single cruisers. I love to cruise but don't want to go alone. Definitely heterosexual and looking for someone to cruise with once or twice a year. I would be happy to share a cabin to keep costs down and have a cruising pal ... nothing more .. male or female. I am male, 56 love to explore and do my own thing. Is there a site or blog out there that connects people with interests like mine?

Old December 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2010 View Post
I have read this blog with some interest but I was hoping there is a site that is focused on single cruisers. I love to cruise but don't want to go alone. Definitely heterosexual and looking for someone to cruise with once or twice a year. I would be happy to share a cabin to keep costs down and have a cruising pal ... nothing more .. male or female. I am male, 56 love to explore and do my own thing. Is there a site or blog out there that connects people with interests like mine?
Hi...there is a very popular travel site that offers singles cruises...they are usually at least $200-$400 more expensive than the same cruise booked as a solo. The advantage is that you are "in" with the parties and other events that the singles do.....I won't pay the extra money, just to go to a couple of parties. I have gone on 7 cruises by myself and I have no trouble meeting people. I don't like paying the extra money for the single supplement, but I do since I want to cruise. If you want to know the name of the travel site, just email me...

Kathy

Old March 27th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Me tooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partman57 View Post
I am now a widower and love to cruise. I am not young and was worried about being old and cruising alone. I guess I can now try NCL and get a studio. Happy cruising dublell.
I am a widow and not young (58) but sure feel like it! I love cruising but would rather be with SOME singles and most of my cruising buddies are married. I am checking out the NCL ship right now!

Old March 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhillbilly View Post
Hi...there is a very popular travel site that offers singles cruises...they are usually at least $200-$400 more expensive than the same cruise booked as a solo. The advantage is that you are "in" with the parties and other events that the singles do.....I won't pay the extra money, just to go to a couple of parties. I have gone on 7 cruises by myself and I have no trouble meeting people. I don't like paying the extra money for the single supplement, but I do since I want to cruise. If you want to know the name of the travel site, just email me...

Kathy
I would love to know the travel site for singles. I have creeped on many sites over the last couple of years but never took the plunge. Any experience in them?

Last edited by mickeyworld; March 27th, 2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

CruiseCritic does not allow the posting of specific travel agencies or companies but there are two that dominate the market. If you Google "Singles Cruise" you will quickly find them. I have only done one of them so I am certainly not an expert but based on my limited experience I would advise you to try it. I was 59 when I tried it and I selected a "40's and up" cruise rather than a "Baby Boomer Cruise" and was very happy with my decision. If you are young at heart you will love it. The extra money to me was well spent as there were cocktail parties/dancing prior to most dinners (the disco was reserved for us) and our group of approximately 80 singles took over an entire section of the MDR for each dinner. After a day or two it was impossible to walk around the ship without seeing someone that you recognized and who would invite you to join them for breakfast, lunch, relaxing by the pool, etc. 95% of the group were just there to have fun and the rep from the company that sails with you is always there to handle any issues that might arise. Have a glass of wine and book it!
Star Princess, 2007
Carnival Conquest, 2010
Carnival Destiny, 2011
Celebrity Mercury, 2011
Carnival Ectasy, 2012
Star Princess, 2012
Carnival Breeze, 2013
Royal Caribbean Grandeur, 2013

Old March 27th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default thanks

Thanks!

Old March 30th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am not 55 yet, close, but I have been on over 30 cruises. Being single, I travel solo. I have met a few people from the singles group on cruises, to me it is not worth the extra $200 + bucks to be with the group. You can have all the fun and make friends, the ship is yours for the duration of the cruise.

Old April 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default epic question

I am going on the NCL Jewel in November 2013 and I was wondering if I do the thing where you sign up for another cruise while on the ship if that applies to the studio rooms on the epic. would love to curise single and would like to try out the studio rooms on Epic thought I could pre deposit on future cruise if it applied to those as well.. thanks

Old April 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile Give Epic a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyworld View Post
I am a widow and not young (58) but sure feel like it! I love cruising but would rather be with SOME singles and most of my cruising buddies are married. I am checking out the NCL ship right now!
You need to look into Epic, Read the reviews on the Studio Cabins. I like the fact that they have a white board and you can sign up for dinners with other singles. I think that is what kept me from booking a cruise alone at first. I just would not feel right sitting at a table alone eating dinner. Give it a look. Carolina also.

Old April 14th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

You can use the on board reward towards any cruise including Epic Studios.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 55 and over

I have been on 6 singles cruises. I go just to meet people not to find the love of my life. I have met many people of different ages and still am in contact with them on the internet and enjoy seeing them again on another cruise. If you want your dad to find a woman on one it can happen but don't expect it to. I have went with the roommate matching and have had lots of great roommates and a coupe bad. You don't have to go to the singles functions if you don't want. I found it harder to meet singles on a regular cruise.

Old May 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Sailor View Post
I have been on 6 singles cruises. I go just to meet people not to find the love of my life. I have met many people of different ages and still am in contact with them on the internet and enjoy seeing them again on another cruise. If you want your dad to find a woman on one it can happen but don't expect it to. I have went with the roommate matching and have had lots of great roommates and a coupe bad. You don't have to go to the singles functions if you don't want. I found it harder to meet singles on a regular cruise.
hello,
Your name brings memories. me, I am 57 , single, not by my choice. My "Navy Sailor" was supposedly divorced. when he got caught, he dumped me by sending a text. yep, spent 23 years in the Navy, retired as a Senior Chief, and left our relationship with a text after telling me I was his forever, and would be spending the rest of our lives together. I am not picking on you, sorry if it comes across that way. I have considered single, or solo cruises. Lucky for me, some friends are going with me. Yep, I am 57 and have no desire to be with someone older than me. I know, that is stupid, but I am only attracted to those a little younger. Maybe someday i will do the single cruise... I am sure it will happen as nothing else is happening in my life to make it any different...

Old May 27th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzn buckeye View Post
hello,
Your name brings memories. me, I am 57 , single, not by my choice. My "Navy Sailor" was supposedly divorced. when he got caught, he dumped me by sending a text. yep, spent 23 years in the Navy, retired as a Senior Chief, and left our relationship with a text after telling me I was his forever, and would be spending the rest of our lives together. I am not picking on you, sorry if it comes across that way. I have considered single, or solo cruises. Lucky for me, some friends are going with me. Yep, I am 57 and have no desire to be with someone older than me. I know, that is stupid, but I am only attracted to those a little younger. Maybe someday i will do the single cruise... I am sure it will happen as nothing else is happening in my life to make it any different...

No that isn't me I only served 6 yrs. would not use a text to break up. I hope you like the cruise whether it is a singles or solo. If you have friends going you will a great time I am sure. I am sorry you had to go though that with a sailor but go out and make some good ones. Have fun.

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Me too

I'm not over 55....yet....but my kids are grown, out on their own, and I'm single.

The 3 cruises I've taken were with a hosted singles group. As a woman alone, I don't mind doing some things by myself, and I do enjoy my own company. However, I don't like having dinner by myself. I figured cruising with a singles group would take care of that issue, and I was right.

They give you a list of group activities; dance lessons, trivia games, ping pong, whatever. You can join in or not, as you choose. There are usually 2 or 3 mixers with an open bar. Again, you can join in, or not. There's a choice of doing a few excursions with the group, but they can be limited. Tables for the group were reserved in the MDR. You can sit at any table that has an open seat.

Don't expect to find your soul mate on a cruise. It probably won't happen! If you're looking for a little something-something for the night, or the week, you probably will find that! (Just commenting on what I saw on my various trips....)

I wouldn't spend the extra money for the singles group if I wouldn't take advantage of some group activities. If you're content to spend your trip by yourself, save your money and book it solo.

Norwegian Epic, February 2014
Carnival Valor, October 2012
Carnival Liberty, October 2011
Carnival Miracle, November 2010

[/url]

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Sailor View Post
No that isn't me I only served 6 yrs. would not use a text to break up. I hope you like the cruise whether it is a singles or solo. If you have friends going you will a great time I am sure. I am sorry you had to go though that with a sailor but go out and make some good ones. Have fun.
Thanks.... I have been on many cruises and loved them all. I have been on 3 cruises since the breakup and it is just different without that special someone. My daughter (adult) has been cruising with me since, but she is pregnant now and living with her so, baby is due next month.
I went on a cruise with my sailor and it was the best of all 24 I have been on. Seeing him in his dress whites, with all his medals, he walked proudly, and I was proud to walk with him. Everyone thought he was such a great guy.. oh well... anyway.. thank you.

Last edited by cruzn buckeye; May 27th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:33 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBlueRN View Post

Don't expect to find your soul mate on a cruise. It probably won't happen! If you're looking for a little something-something for the night, or the week, you probably will find that! (Just commenting on what I saw on my various trips....)
Now that's funny! I don't expect to find my soul mate but maybe someday, if I ever get past this jerk, I will meet someone who shares my love of the ocean.
What you said reminded me of Harrison Ford in one of my favorite movies, 6 days and 7 nights. For those who have seen the movie... remember this/

"it's an island baby, if you don't bring it with you, you're not gonna find it here!"

Old June 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi3 View Post
I know there are 55+ cruises and there are single cruises, but are there any single over 55 cruises? I want to get my dad on one.

Hi, I'm 55 yrs. old, cruised a few times, but this will be my first solo cruise looking forward to it.

FYI, Norwegian Breakaway leaving from NYC also has studio cabins. Maybe that's a way to go.

I'm booked for August.

Good Luck

Margie

08-18-2011 Explorer of the Seas
08-11-2012 Norwegian Gem