Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.

Old May 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Booking is now open to all. Almost every cabin category of rooms is still available. The dates are March 15-25th. (Typo I think above.). We are booked on it but seems like a long time til March, 2014.

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up First Atlantis Caribbean Cruise

As you can see from my "signature," I've been on many Atlantis cruises, but never a Caribbean one. Signed up for the March '14 one while onboard SE Asia last month. Liked the itinerary (there are a couple of islands I've not visited before), the time of year, and the RT from San Juan.

For those who've been on their March Caribbean and their non-Caribbean cruises before, anything different (demographics of passengers, parties, T-dances, entertainment) from Atlantis's non-Caribbean cruises? I understand the February Caribbean cruise skews much younger - and is more party-oriented.

See you guys onboard.

RSVP - several Caribbean cruises in the early '90s (anyone remember the Sea Spirit?) and Mexican Riviera in '96
Atlantis - BsAs/Rio on Oceania's Insignia '07
Atlantis - London/Barcelona on Celebrity's Constellation '08
Atlantis - Tahiti on Regent's Paul Gauguin '09
Atlantis - Auckland/Sydney on HAL's Volendam '10
Atlantis - Venice/Athens on Celebrity's Equinox '10
RSVP - Barcelona/Barcelona on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam '11
Atlantis - Istanbul/Athens on Seabourn's Quest '12
Atlantis - Singapore/Hong Kong on Celebrity's Millenium '13
RSVP - Alaska (Seattle/Seattle) on HAL's Oosterdam '13
Atlantis - Southern Caribbean on Celebrity's Summit '14
Atlantis - Caribbean on Celebrity's Silhouette '15

Old May 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Wink When will RSVP open up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonChris View Post
Booking is now open to all. Almost every cabin category of rooms is still available. The dates are March 15-25th. (Typo I think above.). We are booked on it but seems like a long time til March, 2014.
Glad to hear Atlantis has opened up thier reservations for 2014. Wish RSVP would do the same. We book the MSC Divina sailing for Febuary 15, 2014 out of Miami. When i call they keep saying they open it up soon. We have been hearing soon for two months now.

We like Atlantis Febuary 2014 ship but not the prots. Been to them all more than once. If RSVP cruise comes through it should be great to explore a new ship and company. Plus the week is great as it is over the President's Day Holiday.

Old May 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Lightbulb You Might Consider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantobey View Post
Glad to hear Atlantis has opened up thier reservations for 2014. Wish RSVP would do the same. We book the MSC Divina sailing for Febuary 15, 2014 out of Miami. When i call they keep saying they open it up soon. We have been hearing soon for two months now.

We like Atlantis Febuary 2014 ship but not the prots. Been to them all more than once. If RSVP cruise comes through it should be great to explore a new ship and company. Plus the week is great as it is over the President's Day Holiday.
...the March 8-15, 2014 Atantis cruise, which is accepting bookings:

San Juan
St. Barths
Sea
Martinique
St. Lucia
Barbados
Sea
San Juan

Ship is the Celebrity Summit, which has been "solsticized." Not too big (about 1900 passengers, I think), but even after the renovation, it's not top-of-the-line. Still gets you out of Philly during your winter.

RSVP - several Caribbean cruises in the early '90s (anyone remember the Sea Spirit?) and Mexican Riviera in '96
Atlantis - BsAs/Rio on Oceania's Insignia '07
Atlantis - London/Barcelona on Celebrity's Constellation '08
Atlantis - Tahiti on Regent's Paul Gauguin '09
Atlantis - Auckland/Sydney on HAL's Volendam '10
Atlantis - Venice/Athens on Celebrity's Equinox '10
RSVP - Barcelona/Barcelona on HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam '11
Atlantis - Istanbul/Athens on Seabourn's Quest '12
Atlantis - Singapore/Hong Kong on Celebrity's Millenium '13
RSVP - Alaska (Seattle/Seattle) on HAL's Oosterdam '13
Atlantis - Southern Caribbean on Celebrity's Summit '14
Atlantis - Caribbean on Celebrity's Silhouette '15

Last edited by sfgoguy; May 10th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Old May 10th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face San Juan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgoguy View Post
...the March 8-15, 2014 Atantis cruise, which is accepting bookings:

San Juan
St. Barths
Sea
Martinique
St. Lucia
Barbados
Sea
San Juan

Ship is the Celebrity Summit, which has been "solsticized." Not too big (about 1900 passengers, I think), but even after the renovation, it's not top-of-the-line. Still gets you out of Philly during your winter.
We would consider even though I have been in ship before if it was not sailing from San Juan. We have a place in Lauderdale and prefer to sail from there or Miami.

Hopefully everything will work our with RSVP and we will be sailing on the MSC Divina .

Old June 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Upstate New Yorkian cruisers booked for Atlantis Celebrity Summit cruise March 8-15,

Hey guys:

We are booked on the Exotic Caribbean cruise and would like to hear from same booked cruisers. We (Alan and Jim) have sailed on RSVP cruises in the past. This is our first cruise with Atlantis. Looking forward to this cruise and visiting the southern islands of the Caribbean. We are, of course, looking forward to meeting and sharing with fellow cruisers on this trip. Anyone who has sailed on an Atlantis cruise before, we would welcome to share your experiences and thoughts about an Atlantis excursion. Hoping to hear from and meet on board.

Alan & Jim

Old June 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well I have never been on any gay charter, but I assuming both companies now have similar offerings , since they are now owned by the same company.

PAST CRUISES
Liberty of the Seas - Feb 2, 2013
Adventure of the Seas TA - Nov 3rd 2012
Navigator of the Seas - January 22, 2012
Carnival Miracle - October 25th 2011
Celebrity Century - February 14, 2011
Jewel of the Seas - November 22, 2010
Celebrity Solstice - March 2010
Oasis of the Seas - March 2010
Independance of the Seas TA- November 2009
Voyager of the Seas - March 2009
Norwegian Star - December 2008
Freedom of the Seas - March 2008

Old July 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

hi Alan & Jim. We went on our first Atlantis cruise 2013 on the Indy. Found the demographic to be pretty much the same as RSVP; which surprised us a bit. The biggest difference we noted were 2- the parties got rockin and lasted much later into the night, therefore breakfast was usually much quieter. Secondly the sexual energy was greater, so if you are into playing around.... Otherwise, everyone was there to have a great time. We enjoyed our experience every bit as much as RSVP. Basically, our selection of Atlantis vs. RSVP will boil down to Ports and/or the ship offered. See you all on Summit in 2014.

RSVP, HAL, MS Westerdam, August 2009
RSVP, HAL, MS Nieuw Amsterdam, February 2011
RSVP, HAL, MS Nieuw Amsterdam, February 2012
Atlantis, RCCL, Independence of the Seas, February 2013
Atlantis, Celebrity, Summit, March 2014

Old July 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Talking Thanks!

"hi Alan & Jim. We went on our first Atlantis cruise 2013 on the Indy. Found the demographic to be pretty much the same as RSVP; which surprised us a bit. The biggest difference we noted were 2- the parties got rockin and lasted much later into the night, therefore breakfast was usually much quieter. Secondly the sexual energy was greater, so if you are into playing around.... Otherwise, everyone was there to have a great time. We enjoyed our experience every bit as much as RSVP. Basically, our selection of Atlantis vs. RSVP will boil down to Ports and/or the ship offered. See you all on Summit in 2014."

Thanks for your reply and welcome. Appreciate the input you gave and are soooooooooo looking forward to this cruise! Hope to meet you as well on board. months and counting!

Old December 31st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default anyone else on the March 8-15th cruise doing room share?

Hey I am hoping to connect with someone that might be doing the room share thing. Hoping I can find someone else that would be a good fit for a roommate on the cruise so it is less of a gamble. 32 year old professional banker non smoker good shape. Let me know if you are in the same boat as me

Old January 7th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Just booked!

The temps in the DC area hovering around the zero mark were just the thing I needed to finally spur me to book this cruise for my bf and I. Its the first Atlantis (and gay charter) cruise for both of us. We're extremely excited.

Would appreciate any and all info/advice from past cruisers on what to do/bring/not miss.

So far we've discussed lots of sqaure cuts and tank tops. Are there theme nights/parties that we should bring costumes for? (Who doesn't love a good costume!?)

Thanks all!

---------------------------------------------------
Carnival Valor (Western) - Nov. 11, 2007
Carnival Fascination (Nassau) - Feb. 15, 2008
Carnival Freedom (Western) - Nov. 30, 2008
Carnival Destiny (Western) - Oct. 27, 2011
Celebrity Summit (Atlantis) - March 8, 2014

Old January 12th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey guys! I am from Hungary, and i have no money for cruising with Atlantis but would like to have an Atlantis dog tag (green). Can anybody help? Thx in advance.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én GT-N7100-el

Old January 15th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sold out!

Just saw yesterday that this cruise is sold out. I'm excited about a full ship! Less than 2 months away! (I gotta go to the gym more. )

Old January 21st, 2014, 08:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonChris View Post
We booked this about 2 weeks ago. We've done Seabourn before but not Atlantis. Looking forward to the voyage!

Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hey guys! Almost all my ATL friends are getting ready to go on the Atlantis Silhouette cruise next week. But since I'd been on that one 6-7 times I decided to do the Summit Cruise out of San Juan this year (with my best friend who's never been on an Atlantis cruise before). So we get to wait 5 more weeks before we get our groove on.

For those of you looking for ideas about the theme parties/dances, go to the official Atlantis website and look at the info posted for the Silhouette cruise. Although it's not guaranteed to be identical, my belief is that they will most likely carry over pretty heavily to the Summit. The Atlantis Cruise Guide posted also gives tips on what to expect, bring, and not bring.

For those new to Atlantis, my suggestion about packing (in addition to the obvious shorts, tanks, and swimwear) is to bring 2-3 nice shirts, 2 pairs of jeans, and possibly 1 pair of slacks if you have any desire to go to any of the nice restaurants onboard. I know you don't have to dress up on an Atlantis cruise, but sometimes a gurl just likes to feel pretty.

As for costumes: don't let this scare you. You can be as elaborate or simple as you want. Or you can just go without a costume and enjoy the sights and creativity of others. If you decide to do costumes, just remember that you will want to do something you can still dance in and have fun (without knocking out the people dancing around you!).

And finally: enjoy the ship; enjoy the shows, and enjoy the opportunity to be around 1900 of your new best friends from all over the world. Leave your pre-conceptions and attitude at the dock and just have a great time. A simple "hello" goes a long way!

MichaelinATL
2008 Liberty of the Seas (Atlantis Charter)
2008 Norwegian Pearl
2010 Norwegian Sky
2011 Allure of the Seas (Atlantis Charter)
2011 Norwegian Epic
2012 Allure of the Seas (Atlantis Charter)

Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Lovely Welcoming

Michael:

Thank you for such a welcoming e-mail to us all who are going on this cruise. Your insights, enthusiasm and all around niceties are very much appreciated. My partner and I are booked and so ready to get out of the frozen north country (we're from Upstate NY). The cruise can't arrive soon enough! We have traveled on RSVP before this and are delighted to be experiencing Atlantis for our first time.

Looking forward to traveling with all of you and meeting new friends and enjoying a fun filled and relaxing week.

Hope to meet you on board!

"Jim" of Jim & Alan

Old January 25th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Dc

@Killdare77 We are hosting a DC area meet and greet. Message me if you would like to join at phil dot putter at yahoo dot com
1990s: Sun Princess
1990s: Celebrity Galaxy
1990s: RCI Nordic Empress
1990s: Carnival Paradise
1990s: Grand Princess
1990s: Carnival Triumph
1990s: RCI Splendour of the Seas
2012: HAL Nieuw Amsterdam (RSVP)
2013: RCI Independence of the Seas (Atlantis)
2014: Celebrity Summit (Atlantis)
2015: RCI Oasis of the Seas

Old February 11th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

I nearly cannot contain myself anymore! I want the list of theme parties so I can start collecting my costumes!

Between that and beating the love handles off myself at the gym it's a busy month. (Everything else be damned!)

Old February 11th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

hehehe ... you're too funny.
I doubt you have any love handles to worry about.

someone mentioned before that we could use the Feb 2014 cruise that's on now as a guide to the theme parties; however, it's been taken off atlantis' website.

I did some googling and found some vids on youtube.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same themes happen year after year.
something along the lines of white, disco, military/dog tags, * by the sea, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killdare77 View Post
I nearly cannot contain myself anymore! I want the list of theme parties so I can start collecting my costumes!

Between that and beating the love handles off myself at the gym it's a busy month. (Everything else be damned!)

Old February 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Talking About those love handles....

Between that and beating the love handles off myself at the gym it's a busy month. (Everything else be damned!)[/quote]

I started a crash diet on Monday. What do you think my hopes are (# of lbs. lost) in 21 days?