Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old May 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanna Cruz View Post
Yup - my 2 friends and I were originally booked on this cruise - RCCL hasn't even notified the one person in our group who booked through RCCL that she won't be going! Tsk tsk, RCCL - converting to a charter is one thing - but not making sure the affected passengers are aware first - well, that's just not good PR. I know, RCCL won't be losing anything when we don't rebook with them - BUT - people would certainly feel better if they thought you valued them!

Just my 2 cents about the realities of cruising.

Ivanna Cruz somewhere on December 9th - so I'm headed on over to see what the other lines have that week.

This cruise is 7 months away. I too am booked on this cruise but, will wait till the end of June to see what they have to offer us. The special Huge has is for the month of May. They have to have their fees paid by the end of June. Huge is giving away inside rooms (and window rooms?). Here's hoping that they will up grade us to a balconey or junior suite at that time.

It is only a 4 night cruise!! My daughter knows someone who planned for a year for a 10 or 12 night Carnival cruise in Europe last month. The cruise was cancelled 1 or 2 weeks before departure. Now that is something to be upset about.

You will probably agree that the itinerary for this cruise is better than some of the other short cruises. Check out your other options but, I wouldn't jump ship too soon.

1 Holland America
4 Carnival Cruises
12 Royal Caribbean Cruises

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, we got the call today. It's official and our booked cruise has been cancelled due the Huge reserving the whole boat. Basically all they are offering is $100 OBC on one of 5 select cruises. But, $100 on a 4 day cruise isn't too bad. My sister and I will have to discuss this.

I hope everyone that goes on the 9th has a good time!!

1 Holland America
4 Carnival Cruises
12 Royal Caribbean Cruises

Old May 10th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by condogal View Post
Well, we got the call today. It's official and our booked cruise has been cancelled due the Huge reserving the whole boat. Basically all they are offering is $100 OBC on one of 5 select cruises. But, $100 on a 4 day cruise isn't too bad. My sister and I will have to discuss this.

I hope everyone that goes on the 9th has a good time!!
I am sorry to hear this for you guys!

It does in indicate, however, that Fuccillo is telling the truth and that he indeed booked the entire ship.

I got 2 big pamphlets in the mail this week promoting this cruise. He must spend a ton on advertizing. I love his TV ads though.

Hope you find another fun cruise that'll suit you just as well and have a great time. Not sure $100 OBC is that good of a deal, though!

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Received my call from RCI today about the "redeployment" as they phrased it. I really dislike the practice of a line booking rooms and then pulling the rug out on those who have made plans. I sincerely hope those getting the promotional cruise enjoy themselves, but I sincerely hope that the dealer and RCI take a financial bath on this one.

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:04 AM
10,000+ Club

First I want to say that lots of groups & businesses charter ships and passengers are displaced. It is terrible for the passengers displaced but I do not think the lines will stop chartering anytime soon. I live in Cape Coral & this guy, not dealership, has helped this community in so many ways, not just to the city, but the state as well and several Charities. When he gave away cars people came from all over the state & they had to shut down Pine Island road. When I post something I want to be able to back it up. This is from newspapers after he first arrived here & he is still giving. They cannot all be lying. He is a business man doing wonderful things. He is doing just fine without advertising anywhere, especially here. He is paying back. So blast me if you want, I can take it

http://preview.search.aol.com/aol/se...matching+funds

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvcruising2 View Post
Ouch!

Your tax system is really punitive.
Only for people that actually pay taxes.

Old May 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangway Style View Post
I wonder how he will decide who gets inside rooms, ocean view rooms and the few balcony rooms.
The more options you put into the car the higher cabin category you get? A navigation system with a premium sound system with 21 speakers and quadruple woofers coupled with a 15 band equalizer may land you an owners suite.

Old August 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am going on this cruise. I can't wait. The cost to us was $155 per person. ($99 taxes, $48 prepaid gratuities, and $10 document fees) It is going to be great!!! Cabin selection was random, but we were fortunate, we got an oceanview room, front of ship, on deck 4. Whoo hoo!!!

Old August 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
5,000+ Club

Folks, it is a five night cruise on an old ship with few balconies.

Old August 15th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I bought a very basic Kia Soul, no additional features, I didn't even get a key fob. And it is manual transmission. Cheapest one on the lot & I got an oceanview room. So, I believe it really was random, otherwise I would have an interior room on the bottom deck way in the back of the ship.

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdiamond View Post
It's a fine ship and not everyone needs a balcony. $155 for a five night cruise is a great deal. Don't rain on their parade.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers

'89 Carnival Holiday, '91 Carnival Fantasy, '96 Carnival Fantasy, '01 Sovereign of the Seas, '03 Carnival Victory, '04 Jewel of the Seas, '05 Majesty of the Seas, '06 Carnival Victory, '07 Monarch of the Seas, '08 Monarch of the Seas, '08 Norwegian Dawn, '10 Carnival Inspiration, '10 Carnival Triumph, '11 Norwegian Star, '12 Liberty of the Seas, '12 Explorer of the Seas, '12 NYE Carnival Valor, '13 Carnival Imagination B2B, '13 Norwegian Jewel, '14 Carnival Victory,
UP NEXT: '14 Freedom of the Seas, '15 Adventure of the Seas

Old August 16th, 2013, 07:41 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
And your point is?

Carnival Holiday - 6/08
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 5/10
Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas - 2/11
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas - 4/12

Old August 16th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Actually, it's only a 4 night cruise, and IMHO, the May promotion was nowhere near what he expected that he had to run the promotion again in July so he wouldn't have been stuck with an additional charge of maybe $100K for sailing without a full ship. As somebody else said, I would have rather had the cost of the cruise deducted from the car purchase as I wouldn't have wanted to pay between $400-$450 per couple before I even cruised.

Gregg

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:01 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiecat3 View Post
Actually, it's only a 4 night cruise, and IMHO, the May promotion was nowhere near what he expected that he had to run the promotion again in July so he wouldn't have been stuck with an additional charge of maybe $100K for sailing without a full ship. As somebody else said, I would have rather had the cost of the cruise deducted from the car purchase as I wouldn't have wanted to pay between $400-$450 per couple before I even cruised.

Gregg
Interesting, since in the earlier ads he stated that it was from Monday to Friday. Also, the subsequent ads might have one to believe that the July promotion was for a separate cruise. So, as I read the various posts, the May ads did not produce enough buyers; hence, the July buyers will be on the same ship. I am always skeptical of those who are loquacious and loud.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Interesting, since in the earlier ads he stated that it was from Monday to Friday. Also, the subsequent ads might have one to believe that the July promotion was for a separate cruise. So, as I read the various posts, the May ads did not produce enough buyers; hence, the July buyers will be on the same ship. I am always skeptical of those who are loquacious and loud.
The ads are correct. A Monday to Friday cruise would be a 4 night cruise. It sounds as you have seen the ads where he makes it sound like is was so great he had to send his sidekick to Miami to research other ships. Our local paper has ads each month where he lists how many cars were sold the previous month and the total for May, if correct and EVERYBODY bought the cruise, he still would have been short.

Gregg

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:43 AM
5,000+ Club

Also, Gregg he advertised it as a one week cruise. I suppose his and my definition of a week are different.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Also, Gregg he advertised it as a one week cruise. I suppose his and my definition of a week are different.
Well, I guess if you work and need to take vacation, you will be off from work Monday-Friday and that is a week's worth of vacation time.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterone View Post
I heard him announce this last night: Kia's Fucillo "Huge" will give a free cruise to anyone who buys a car from him during the month of May 2013.

I couldn't believe it so I looked to see if there were threads on this or a roll call for the Majesty's sailing on 12/9/13. Nothing! It's hard to believe he'd do this. He claims he chartered it for 2,200 passengers. Do you believe this?

Given that RCCL's website does not even offer a cruise sailing for the Majesty on12/9/13 and there's a gap between the cruise sailing on 12/6/13 and 12/13/13 it's quite possible that the car dealer actually chartered the trip.

Why do you why this unbelievable ? Cruise ships get chartered regularly.

Old September 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default traded in my Soul for the cruise.

Just traded in my 2012 Soul for a new 2013 Soul (I hated the black color I had originally) today here in Greece, NY and got the free cruise too. The dealership was packed with folks signing paperwork. Even got to meet and talk with Mr Fuccillo today. Very down to earth guy, loves to brag about his son and Syracuse Orange.

I see cruisers already have cabin assignments so I'm guessing me and my aunt will be in one of the small small (no HUGE here, lol) interior cabins. First cruise for both of us and we are so excited. You'll find us at the hot tub and/or the bar :-)

For us coming from Rochester we are also getting free roundtrip air from Buffalo, so that's a super extra perk too. Just over two months to go..see you in Miami :-)

Anyone else from Rochester/Buffalo area know if we are on a chartered flight too?

Old September 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

But it's a Kia!

http://www.jeannietx2.com
My travel blog with lots of photos

Celebrity Infinity March 1, 2015
Buenos Aires - Valparais
2B
Celebrity Infinity March 15, 2015
Valparaiso, Chile - FLL Full Transit Panama Canal
42 nights
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Sea October 19, 2015
Mediterranean Venice
2B
Royal Caribbean Vision of the Sea October 30, 2015
15 night Voyage- Spain to South Florida
38 nights

South to North 7 nights

Royal Caribbean Legend of the Sea
April 1, 2014 - April 16, 2014
Panama Canal full transit West to East 15 nights
Completed
Rhapsody Of The Seas
April 24, 2013 - May 11, 2013
Sydney to Honolulu 18 nights
Our first cruise ever!

Last edited by SPacificbound; September 28th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.