Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Warning about Oasis Of The Seas Cabin

I wanted to share with the disabled community what we encountered on our April 20TH Oasis sailing. I want to make sure that no one else has the same issue that we did. I have already posted our long story on the Royal Caribbean board, so please go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842517 If you would like to see it.

Happy Cruising!

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Good luck, Laura. I posted something on the other forum.

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Katrina.

Old May 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurac22 View Post
I wanted to share with the disabled community what we encountered on our April 20TH Oasis sailing. I want to make sure that no one else has the same issue that we did. I have already posted our long story on the Royal Caribbean board, so please go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842517 If you would like to see it.

Happy Cruising!
Thanks Laura for posting that. My hubby is in a wheelchair and we travel with my adult son. I could not even imagine him sleeping on that. That is worse than the Solstice bed which was only a few inches off the floor. Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Solstice Cruise 2012 023.jpg (9.1 KB, 68 views)

Old May 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
Thanks Laura for posting that. My hubby is in a wheelchair and we travel with my adult son. I could not even imagine him sleeping on that. That is worse than the Solstice bed which was only a few inches off the floor. Here's a pic.
That doesn't look that much better, but a least it is on the ground, so when you fall off that narrow thing you wont hurt yourself! LOL I just don't understand why they can not seem to come up with a better alternative for the third person in an accessible cabin. It is almost impossible to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three comfortably or at all.

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurac22 View Post
That doesn't look that much better, but a least it is on the ground, so when you fall off that narrow thing you wont hurt yourself! LOL I just don't understand why they can not seem to come up with a better alternative for the third person in an accessible cabin. It is almost impossible to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three comfortably or at all.
Not only is it hard to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three, when you do find one it seems to be in a more expensive category. Thats just not fair. We like HAL for our cruises and they have a couch where the cushions flip over and there is a mattress on the other side. It works for my son but he can sleep anywhere!