Warning about Oasis Of The Seas Cabin

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Disabled Cruise Travel
Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:37 AM.
#1
Richmond Texas
539 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
I wanted to share with the disabled community what we encountered on our April 20TH Oasis sailing. I want to make sure that no one else has the same issue that we did. I have already posted our long story on the Royal Caribbean board, so please go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842517 If you would like to see it.

Happy Cruising!
#4
Boston
2,433 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by laurac22
I wanted to share with the disabled community what we encountered on our April 20TH Oasis sailing. I want to make sure that no one else has the same issue that we did. I have already posted our long story on the Royal Caribbean board, so please go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842517 If you would like to see it.

Happy Cruising!
Thanks Laura for posting that. My hubby is in a wheelchair and we travel with my adult son. I could not even imagine him sleeping on that. That is worse than the Solstice bed which was only a few inches off the floor. Here's a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Solstice Cruise 2012 023.jpg (9.1 KB, 68 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;483/st/20170114/e/Cruise/k/0557/event.png"></a>


HAL Zuiderdam 2005
HAL Westerdam 2006
Crown Princess 2007
HAL Zuiderdam 2008
HAL Noordam 2009
HAL Eurodam 2010
HAL Noordam 2011
Celebrity Solstice 2012
HAL Westerdam 2012
HAL Eurodam 2014
HAL Eurodam 2015
NCL Escape 2016
NCL Escape 2017
#5
Richmond Texas
539 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by rangeley
Thanks Laura for posting that. My hubby is in a wheelchair and we travel with my adult son. I could not even imagine him sleeping on that. That is worse than the Solstice bed which was only a few inches off the floor. Here's a pic.
That doesn't look that much better, but a least it is on the ground, so when you fall off that narrow thing you wont hurt yourself! LOL I just don't understand why they can not seem to come up with a better alternative for the third person in an accessible cabin. It is almost impossible to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three comfortably or at all.
#6
Boston
2,433 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by laurac22
That doesn't look that much better, but a least it is on the ground, so when you fall off that narrow thing you wont hurt yourself! LOL I just don't understand why they can not seem to come up with a better alternative for the third person in an accessible cabin. It is almost impossible to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three comfortably or at all.
Not only is it hard to find a balcony cabin that sleeps three, when you do find one it seems to be in a more expensive category. Thats just not fair. We like HAL for our cruises and they have a couch where the cushions flip over and there is a mattress on the other side. It works for my son but he can sleep anywhere!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10765;483/st/20170114/e/Cruise/k/0557/event.png"></a>


HAL Zuiderdam 2005
HAL Westerdam 2006
Crown Princess 2007
HAL Zuiderdam 2008
HAL Noordam 2009
HAL Eurodam 2010
HAL Noordam 2011
Celebrity Solstice 2012
HAL Westerdam 2012
HAL Eurodam 2014
HAL Eurodam 2015
NCL Escape 2016
NCL Escape 2017