UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush from the 1st cruise until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Can someone find out:

AD: The exact date (July?) of the handover between Clo and Drew?

AL: The exact date (August?) of the handover between Ken and Allan?

EX : The exact date (August?) of the handover between Leigh and John?

FR: When does Richard's break begin (July? August?), and who will be filling in for him? For how long?

JW: The exact date (July?) of the handover between Carly and Dennis?

LB: When does Rich's break begin (July?), and who will be filling in for him?

MJ: Does Mitch's break begin in early July, and who will be filling in for him?

Edited by DonnaK

Yay, a new thread. Just subscribing. I'm keeping my eye on the Allure & Jewel so I know who I'll be sailing with next January.

If only I could just hop on all those other ships you need updates for, I'd be more than happy to if someone will just pay my cruise fare, airfare, and salary for those weeks :D

Yay, a new thread. Just subscribing. I'm keeping my eye on the Allure & Jewel so I know who I'll be sailing with next January.

If only I could just hop on all those other ships you need updates for, I'd be more than happy to if someone will just pay my cruise fare, airfare, and salary for those weeks :D

I felt like we needed a new thread. The old one was getting too long, and too confusing to distinguish old info versus current info.

I tried to post a request on some of the roll calls for the next sailing on those ships, so hopefully someone will find out the info and report back to us.

I was on Jewel two weeks ago, and because of the port intensive itinerary, I didn't have an opportunity to speak with Carly about the CD schedule.

Edited by DonnaK

Guess I have to get aboard with the new thread for the list of current cruise director's. We are going on the Indy at the end of the month and trying to find out who the CD will be and his assitant. We know that Ken Rush will be the CD on the Quantum.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Guess I have to get aboard with the new thread for the list of current cruise director's. We are going on the Indy at the end of the month and trying to find out who the CD will be and his assitant. We know that Ken Rush will be the CD on the Quantum.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Looks like it will be Joff!

Ken always brings the new ships out. A large part of the CD's job is running things behind the scenes and this is obviously very critical with RCI's big new builds, it must be complex organizing staff the first few months.

We had Ken on an Allure b2b, he might be mechanical and repetitive but he does the behind-the-scene stuff better then any of the others.

That's pretty mean.

I apologize! Ken would not be my first choice to deliver a new ship; however, RCCL feels that he is the best choice. I tend to disagree. There are far better and more personable CD's in the company. :rolleyes:

Is Joao Wolf not doing it any more?

Who is this? I've never come across this name before, and I've before and I've been updating the CD list for quite a while now.

(There is someone named Joao who is the usual CD for the Brazilian season on Splendour.)

We had Ken on an Allure b2b, he might be mechanical and repetitive but he does the behind-the-scene stuff better then any of the others.

I agree! Maybe they should consider letting him do the organizing and let another face do the public appearances. :)

Who is this? I've never come across this name before, and I've before and I've been updating the CD list for quite a while now.

(There is someone named Joao who is the usual CD for the Brazilian season on Splendour.)

We had a guy named Joao Wolf on Adventure OTS Canaries cruise October 2011. Of course, this cruise was right in the transitional period between the summer W.Med cruises from Malaga and its relocation to the Caribbean. It's possible that Mr Wolf was a short term stand in.

For what it's worth, Mercedes(LaFuente?) was our CD on Adventure the previous year.

Drew Devine takes over Adventure from Clo on Aug. 4th. There is a two week handover period on the sailing prior to that. I got this info directly from him.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months (need exact date), then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14 (it is not yet known when his break starts, and which CD will be filling in for him)

Grandeur OTS - unknown who will be CD when the ship returns to service on July 12

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks (exact date? Then who?)

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush November 2, 2014 until January 2015

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Edited by DonnaK

Does anyone remember the blonde girl from England that did the voyager class (I think it was the AOS) in the early 2000's?

Becky Thompson? She left ship-life to marry and have children, and works for the company landside.

Yup! That was her! Thanks for the update. She was a lot of fun!!

What about kirt detweiller (sp?)

We had Ken Rush for 2 cruises---good technical CD, but definitely not as fun as others we've had!!

I cannot remember who we had on Liberty in 2009, but remember having a good time!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Yup! That was her! Thanks for the update. She was a lot of fun!!

What about kirt detweiller (sp?)

We had Ken Rush for 2 cruises---good technical CD, but definitely not as fun as others we've had!!

I cannot remember who we had on Liberty in 2009, but remember having a good time!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Kirk Detweiler works as CD for Silversea on the Silver Shadow.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months (need exact date), then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14 (it is not yet known when his break starts, and which CD will be filling in for him)

Grandeur OTS - unknown who will be CD when the ship returns to service on July 12

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4 (until when?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks (exact date? Then who?)

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush November 2, 2014 until January 2015

No word on João Wolf? I googled him and all I found was one thread on here from around the time I cruised with João.

He was probably a member of the activities staff who filled-in as CD for a cruise or two, and then reverted back to his original position. He hasn't been a CD with RCI for as long as I've been maintaining the list (about 18 months).

I have nothing to add to this list except to say how excited I am to be cruising again with Leigh and hopefully his assistant Frank on the Explorer in 2 weeks! They're fantastic together! I never would have imagined myself saying that the CD can really add to the cruise experience until I cruised with Leigh as the CD last summer.