How early can you fly out of FTL?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

239 Posts
Joined May 2011
Is it possible to make a 7:45am flight out of Ft Lauderdale after debarkation. We are on the Oasis next month and not looking forward to a 5-6 drive after a restful 7 days....
London
2,586 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Tweety63
Is it possible to make a 7:45am flight out of Ft Lauderdale after debarkation. We are on the Oasis next month and not looking forward to a 5-6 drive after a restful 7 days....
I wouldn't risk it. If the ship arrives late into port, or there is a problem with disembarkation.... you will need to book another flight.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Reviews

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=2104491 Cruise Review - Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=2099162 Live Cruise Review - Oasis of the Seas 2014

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1917158 - Cruise Review - Allure of the Seas 2013
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1911250 Live Review - Allure of the Seas - September 2013

Upcoming Cruises

Completed Cruises

10-24-2009 (24th October 2009) Liberty of the Seas, 09-09-2012 (9th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-16-2012 (16th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-08-2013 (8th September 2013) Allure of the Seas, 09-13-2014 (13th September 2014) Oasis of the Seas.
Virginia
203 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Originally posted by Tweety63
Too risky IMO. Even if you get off first, you still have to go through customs, get to the airport and get through security.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ali

Sailed:
May 2012 - Enchantment (Bermuda)
May 2013 - Oasis (Eastern Caribbean)
September 2016 - Explorer (Pacific Coastal)

Next Up:
September 2017 - Anthem (New England/Canada)
August 2018 - Explorer (Alaska)
Central Illinois
110,092 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Too early. Try 10am or later.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
22,777 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
I tend to be pretty optimistic about making flight but I would not touch that one. It is way too early.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
IL
8,462 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
This question has been asked, and answered literally hundreds of times. Maybe it's time to create a sticky or FAQ, at least for the common ports?

BTW If anyone else needs the answer, please put this into google:

How early can you fly out of FLL? site:cruisecritic.com
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
You're never too old to have a great childhood!
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
22,777 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by Cigar King
This question has been asked, and answered literally hundreds of times. Maybe it's time to create a sticky or FAQ, at least for the common ports?

BTW If anyone else needs the answer, please put this into google:

How early can you fly out of FLL? site:cruisecritic.com
Hundreds of questions have been asked hundreds of times here on the boards. People who get tired of answering can simply ignore the thread.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Southern California
3,508 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Agree with the others..745a is way too early. We leave Saturday and have an 1130a flight on return..I am sweating that one. We got a notification from RCI yesterday that because of the budget cuts, Customs and immigration has been very slow and ship hasn't been clearing til 1230..... So hopefully we will make ours....

Good luck...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

LAST FEW CRUISES
Queen Mary 2 - TA July 2017
Pacific Princess TA/Norwegian Fjords June 2017
Royal Princess Southern Carribean Nov 2016
Nieuw Amsterdam Malt Shop Memories Oct 2016
Crown Princess Calif Coastal Sept 2016
American Queen - Mississipi River Cruise March 2016
Celebrity Constellation - TA Nov 2015

TOTAL CRUISES: 59 AND COUNTING....
Rhode Island, U.S.A.
22,777 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by hillslife
Agree with the others..745a is way too early. We leave Saturday and have an 1130a flight on return..I am sweating that one. We got a notification from RCI yesterday that because of the budget cuts, Customs and immigration has been very slow and ship hasn't been clearing til 1230..... So hopefully we will make ours....

Good luck...
I have not read much on these boards that would support that.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Palm Springs, Calif
41,047 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
When new members arrive, same questions get asked, so hard to avoid, but I like Cigar Kings post regarding puting this into a question & answer, yet some may not refer back to them. Because of everything that can delay your getting off, I don't book return flights earlier then 1 PM for our flights back to Calif. Our LOS TA Oct 2011, that would have been to early, many never got off the ship until after 11.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

SERENADE TA https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gSLc4oyX_QOrtc3T

OASIS ROLL CALL https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gSu7t7VVj8k3h1jG

Florida
3,800 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
I agree that's way too early - very risky. And yes, the abbreviation is FLL.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
RCCL- Mariner 04 (GS) Majesty (GS) Jewel (GS) Enchantment (RS) Freedom (OS) Voyager - Med 07 (GS) Monarch (GS) Majesty (GS) Oasis (CL) Explorer (GS) Allure (D1) Liberty (GS) Explorer (JS) Quantum (D7) Quantum (SJ) Enchantment (GS) Liberty (JS) ) 17 cruises
Carnival - Victory (PH) Sensation (S1) Legend (PH) Miracle (GS) Victory (8C) 5 cruises
Seabourn - Pride (All Suite) Quest (PH) 2 cruises
Disney - Wonder (5D) Dream (4D) 2 cruises
Princess - Star (PH) Crown (PH) Royal (MA) Regal (MC) Ocean - British Islands 14 (MB) Regal (D4) 6 cruises
Cunard - QM2 - July 05 (A1) QM2 July 10 (Q6) QE August 15 (BA) 3 cruises
NCL - Dawn (AF) Pearl (GV) Jewel (A3) Dawn (AF) Spirit (OS) Gem (A2) Dawn (AB) Jewel (A3) Epic (A3) Gem (BE) Star (SF) Jade - Turkey 12 (S2) Gem (S5) Breakaway (S4) Escape (M2) Sky (Cuba) (BB) 16 cruises
Celebrity - Constellation (CC) Century (PH) Solstice (S1) Summit (SS) Millennium (S1) Reflection (S1) Constellation (RS) Edge (E1) 8 cruises
HAL - Westerdam 06 Alaska (SA) Eurodam (PS) Koningsdam (V) (B) twice 4 cruises
Crystal - Symphony (A1) 1 cruise
Silversea - Whisper (V3) 1 cruise

60 cruises so far...

Coming Up...

Norwegian Sky to Cuba (BB) 8/21/2017
Princess Regal (D4) 11/13/2017
Silversea SilverWhisper (V1) 12/16/2017
HAL Koningsdam (B) 12/27/2017
Celebrity Edge (S2) 4/14/2019

Olathe, Kansas
3,075 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by Desert Cruizers
When new members arrive, same questions get asked, so hard to avoid, but I like Cigar Kings post regarding puting this into a question & answer, yet some may not refer back to them. Because of everything that can delay your getting off, I don't book return flights earlier then 1 PM for our flights back to Calif. Our LOS TA Oct 2011, that would have been to early, many never got off the ship until after 11.
As a regular over on the Cruise Air portion, I can definitely tell you that, at least with flight related posts, people never, ever read the stickies/Q&A. Never. Unfortunately.
239 Posts
Joined May 2011
Just to clarify, family has been in the airline industry for 40 plus years and know the airport code for Ft Lauderdale is FLL, however not everyone knows these codes i.e. MCO is Orlando, figured FTL would be more recognizable on these boards...Those that have responded I thank you; was looking for a flight and thought CC would be the quickest way to get a debarkation question anwered