Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Singles Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by croozbabe View Post
Oh, you should absolutely book the cruise for yourself as your birthday gift to yourself. Treat yourself well! I have tired of trying to find someone to be my roomie on different cruises and getting constantly turned down that I just decided to go for it alone rather than stay home and have regrets... I have an oceanview cabin this time. I have always had a veranda cabin for many years but since I have to pay the single supplement I thought I better downgrade and - guess what - I did not miss the balcony at all ! I had a good-size picture window and I was just so comfortable being able to spread out - I filled the closet and had something in every drawer; and not sharing the bathroom is the best :-) You should really spoil yourself for your special birthday to remember. I'll be happy to accompany you for dinner at the Lawn Grill. I've never been one to spend extra on the alternative dining venues but I can do it this time since I have that $200 shipboard credit.

It sounds like this will be your first cruise, is that right? Oh my, you will most definitely be hooked, but thats okay. And you have chosen the one of the best cruiselines and ships - WOW.

BTW, I am quite a bit older than you. I will be 61 at that time, but I do look much younger (I have good genes).

Debbie
You so made me laugh with this post. I have the same problem. I am 67 but no one believes it. My spirit is no where in the 50s or 60s.

So glad you guys are posting as I have never gone on a solo cruise but will probably do so after the one I'm doing on 9/29. After reading the results on here, I know I will be fine. Thx.

09-29-2013 Carnival Freedom

Old June 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie100 View Post
You so made me laugh with this post. I have the same problem. I am 67 but no one believes it. My spirit is no where in the 50s or 60s.

So glad you guys are posting as I have never gone on a solo cruise but will probably do so after the one I'm doing on 9/29. After reading the results on here, I know I will be fine. Thx.
Glad I made you laugh :-) Its a good "problem" to have, right? Hope you enjoy your first solo cruise in September and why don't you think about joining us next April on the Reflection? The more, the merrier.

Old June 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Glad I made you laugh :-) Its a good "problem" to have, right? Hope you enjoy your first solo cruise in September and why don't you think about joining us next April on the Reflection? The more, the merrier.
Hi Crooz, it is a good problem or not. My cruise in September isn't solo. I hope to do one in 2014. Could you tell me more about the April cruise (dates, ports, etc.), so I can take a look and see what's what? Thanks for the invite.

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie100 View Post
Hi Crooz, it is a good problem or not. My cruise in September isn't solo. I hope to do one in 2014. Could you tell me more about the April cruise (dates, ports, etc.), so I can take a look and see what's what? Thanks for the invite.
Hi Peachie,

I'm booked on the new Celebrity Reflection April 5-12 departing from Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

Debbie

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have been to none of these Ports and the Saints are on my future list. I will take a look. Will take a look. I'm a Tax Professional, so can do nothing until after April 15.

Thanks for the info.

Old July 11th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Yes, I am booked on the 4/5/14 sailing by myself and got that beverage package plus $200 shipboard credit. I'm excited and would love to have some other solo sailors join me. How about it everyone?

Debbie
Hi Debbie, I'm Shelly and I live in Australia. Do you know of Vacations To Go Singles cruises. Am thinking of trying one next year. They have a Facebook page and it's really interesting to chat to other single cruisers.

Cheers
Shelly

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyniew View Post
Oh, I'm on the 4/5/14 sailing as well.
Hi Debbie, My name is Shelley and I'm from Australia. Have read some really good reviews about this ship. I've been cruising since I was young and even though I'm married,I'm cruising on my own next year....looking forward to somewhere apart from the South Pacific.....

I may be thinking of doing this cruise....still tossing up between Alaska (which I've already done) and Caribbean which I've never done

chat soon
Shelly

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Shelly,

I'm glad to read that you are considering going on my cruise. I cruised to Australia and New Zealand in March on the Solstice (sister ship to the Reflection) and just had such a great time. LOVE the ship and love your country!!

Yes, I am aware of the VTG singles cruises but have never joined one of them.

I really hope you decide to come on the Reflection with me. After all, you have never been to the Caribbean and this is the perfect opportunity on a fantastic ship with some other singles.

Debbie

Old August 11th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default MSC cruise 0% solo suppliment

Hi great prices for winter med cruises with 0% solo supplement and free upgrades to balcony from outside and if you are over 45 an extra 10 % off .
so come on make MSC Fantasia March 26th from Genoa the best solo cruise ever book quickly before the solo offer disappears

Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyniew View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing we probably won't be the only single/solo people on board. While trying to convince my friend to go I looked up Single cruises. There apparently is an online site that advertises for singles cruises and is planning one on this sailing for their 40 and over crowd. That is one of the reasons I looked at this sailing so we wouldn't be the only singles on board. I didn't book w/ them so won't be included in their exclusive events but just figured there was more of a chance than other sailings that there would be more singles/solo travelers.

Yes we'll definately have to stay in touch and meet up on the ship.
Sonya
Do you know the name of the online single cruise company? I'm also single and want to do another cruise later this year.

08/93 Carnival Carnivale-Bahamas
03/96 Carnival Fantasy-Bahamas
01/04 Carnival Elation-Mexican Riviera
12/07 Carnival Elation-Mexico
12/08 Carnival Destiny-E. Caribbean/Bahamas 1st B2B
12/08 Carnival Destiny-W. Caribbean
10/09 Carnival Elation-Baja Mexico #1
10/09 Carnival Elation-Baja Mexico #2
10/10 Carnival Sprit-Mexico
01/11 Carnival Paradise-Mexico
09/13 Carnival Inspiration-Mexico (My 40th Birthday Cruise)
02/14 Carnival Imagination-Baja Mexico
12/14 Carnival Inspiration-Baja Mexico

Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

I don't think I'm allowed to post it here but Google "Single Cruises" and one will come up with just that. Nothing other than that will be in the web address if that helps.

Old January 10th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Single cruise .com is who I have used for last 8 cruises ...great company !