Kids on P&O - opinions? 5-1/2 and 1-1/2 yo

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Family Cruises
Cruising with kids? Best Family Cruise Advice
Cruise Critic's Family Cruising Resources
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:45 PM.
98 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Hello!
We're looking into a cruise for term break in April, and wondering about experiences on P&O with kids. We've only cruised carnival with them, and that was only once!
Thanks for any info!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
North West, England
345 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I really really rate the kids clubs on p and o and the night nursery is fab. The kids clubs take kids from 2 and they are open til 10pm. You can take them under 2 but you have to stay with them.

I am so impressed with the kids clubs on p and o I am now nervous to sail with anyone else unless they don't live up to the experience... Princess certainly didn't.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
98 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Thanks! So good to hear! The cruises we're looking at are longer than 7 days, so I'd really like to make sure they're having a good time on sea days. I hear they also have actual black tie formal nites - did you take the kids to those? Or...?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
North West, England
345 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
My kids didn't do the formal
Nights(their choice) but went to kids club happily while we did. However lots of kids do do formal night - as long as they are smart they will fit in - they don't need tuxes etc however if they do have tuxes that's ok too ( I only have boys but the girls just where a Sunday type dress iykwim)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature