Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Fitness, Spa & Sports Cruises Active cruisers unite!

Old January 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Carnival Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater723 View Post
SO and I spent a fair amount of time in the T-pool while on the Dream this year. So nice! I can say---the pictures make it look bigger than it is. Nonetheless, we really enjoyed it as well as the rest of the spa and our spa stateroom.
Hi there, my fiance and I are planning a destination wedding through Carnival and will be sailing on the Dream. We're trying to decide between a regular suite or, for $440 more, a Cloud9 Spa suite. I can't find anything online that explicitly details what is included in the Spa package, other than unlimited access to the T-pool. Can you tell me what all was included? Do you think it was worth it?

Thanks!

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default price on Carnival Magic, Dream, and

Note: For those guests who do not purchase a Spa Stateroom, we offer day and week long passes to use the Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite.
· Daily Pass: $40 per guest
· Week Pass for 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couplev

Last edited by nw2this; January 1st, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Old July 29th, 2012, 08:19 AM
5,000+ Club

Holland America. Rotterdam has a T Pool. We did it in Alaska and I sat in it as we cruised through the glaciers. It is situated at the front of the ship and has huge picture windows and a private deck.. It is my happy place!
Star Princess- South America 1/30/13
Ruby Princess- Caribbean 12/23/11
Victoria Anna- Yangtze River Cruise 7/10/11
Caribbean Princess- Canada/New England 10/02/10
HAL Rotterdam- Alaska 07/10/10
Golden Princess- Alaska 07/11/09
Crown Princess-Baltic 07/09/2008
Several Princess Cruises to Bahamas July 1980s and 1990s

Old January 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesforemma View Post
Hi there, my fiance and I are planning a destination wedding through Carnival and will be sailing on the Dream. We're trying to decide between a regular suite or, for $440 more, a Cloud9 Spa suite. I can't find anything online that explicitly details what is included in the Spa package, other than unlimited access to the T-pool. Can you tell me what all was included? Do you think it was worth it?

Thanks!
Added this to our week at sea this year for $225 a couple. Included was unlimited use of the pool, heated spa rooms with tile chairs dry, and steam, steam room with aroma, locker rooms and showers, and relaxation room with tea and lemon water.

Old August 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

The Celebrity Millennium class ships have the most amazing, Free, adults only solarium thalassotherapy pool / health cafe environment. First the T-pool is large and deep. Hot tubs are usually very shallow. You slid around with chlorine bubbles burning eyes and they dont give the same relief from gravity that a large deep warm saltwater pool gives. The temperature is a comfortable heat so you can really relax for a long time, not boil your skin and have heart explode in 2 minutes. There is a lot of room to find a spot to yourself and enjoy the type of jet, bubble or water shooting from sky you choose without crawling over someone (ok, I guess that could be fun in rare circumstances). It has a real pool feel unlike some of the others which feel more like a tiled above-ground backyard pool inside a room with a ladder entrance and some jets. It is surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs to relax and listen to the quiet movement of the pool water reflecting from the solarium ceiling while eating grilled salmon and cardamom soaked apples from the heath cafe. I like that the solarium environment is available to enjoy 24 hours a day even though the pool closes (around 11pm I think) unlike the other ships T-pool environments that close up when the spa closes up. I enjoy that it is a regular open access area for people watching while soaking unlike the small, confined spaces of pay per day facilities that sometimes gets loud with all the talking in that small closed space. Has anyone found a T-pool environment better than the Celebrity M-class? I would love to experience it because that is my favorite activity on a cruise. (I do like the free T-pool in the gym of Voyager class ... big and deep with stair entrance (not ladder) good people watching in a large open space but has limited jet options and closes with gym.... I cant get myself to go on a Freedom class because they turned the T-pool into a boxing ring) I am tempted to try Solstice class if the solarium pool really is comfortably warm......looks like a nice environment... and same with the RCCL radiance class solarium pool.. would love if good heat in pool.
5nt: 11/19/06, Celeb Century MIA
12nt: 4/14/07, RCCL Navigator FLL
12nt: 11/10/08, RCCL Navigator BCN
6nt: 6/12/09, HAL Oosterdam Venice
7nt: 9/27/09, Carnival Valor MIA
7nt: 11/29/09 NCL Jewel MIA
4nt: 10/11/10 NCL Sky MIA
7nt: 12/04/10 Princess Crown FLL
5nt: 02/26/11 RCCL Navigator FLL
3nt: 09/22/11 Carnival Sensation Port Canav
13nt: 11/20/11 Celeb Constellation BCN-FLL
[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by chongkwang; August 7th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongkwang View Post
The Celebrity Millennium class ships have the most amazing, Free, adults only solarium thalassotherapy pool / health cafe environment. First the T-pool is large and deep. Hot tubs are usually very shallow. You slid around with chlorine bubbles burning eyes and they dont give the same relief from gravity that a large deep warm saltwater pool gives. The temperature is a comfortable heat so you can really relax for a long time, not boil your skin and have heart explode in 2 minutes. There is a lot of room to find a spot to yourself and enjoy the type of jet, bubble or water shooting from sky you choose without crawling over someone (ok, I guess that could be fun in rare circumstances). It has a real pool feel unlike some of the others which feel more like a tiled above-ground backyard pool inside a room with a ladder entrance and some jets. It is surrounded by cushioned lounge chairs to relax and listen to the quiet movement of the pool water reflecting from the solarium ceiling while eating grilled salmon and cardamom soaked apples from the heath cafe. I like that the solarium environment is available to enjoy 24 hours a day even though the pool closes (around 11pm I think) unlike the other ships T-pool environments that close up when the spa closes up. I enjoy that it is a regular open access area for people watching while soaking unlike the small, confined spaces of pay per day facilities that sometimes gets loud with all the talking in that small closed space. Has anyone found a T-pool environment better than the Celebrity M-class? I would love to experience it because that is my favorite activity on a cruise. (I do like the free T-pool in the gym of Voyager class ... big and deep with stair entrance (not ladder) good people watching in a large open space but has limited jet options and closes with gym.... I cant get myself to go on a Freedom class because they turned the T-pool into a boxing ring) I am tempted to try Solstice class if the solarium pool really is comfortably warm......looks like a nice environment... and same with the RCCL radiance class solarium pool.. would love if good heat in pool.
I'm curious about Solstice class too, specifically Reflection. Hoping they have a good T-Pool!

Carnival Holiday - Mexico - 1998
Renaissance R2 - Western Med - 1999
Carnival Imagination - Western Caribbean - 2002
Carnival Paradise - Eastern Caribbean - 2003
Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean - 2004
Celebrity Galaxy - Eastern Med - 2005
Celebrity Infinity - Mexico - 2005
Celebrity Zenith - Western Caribbean - 2006
Cunard QM2 - Southern Caribbean - 2006
Carnival Paradise - Mexico - July, 2007
Carnival Pride - Mexico - September, 2008
Princess Island Princess - Alaska - August 2009
Holland America Eurodam - Mediterranean - May 2011
Celebrity Reflection - Eastern Caribbean - 2014

Old March 21st, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

I believe that MSC has them on if not on all of their ships...

MSC Divina 2014
Costa Cruises Luminosa 2014
Oceania Riviera 2013
Norwegian Pearl 2012
Carnival Imagination 2011
MSC Poesia 2009
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 2008
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas 2008
Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas 2004
MV Freeport 1970

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:37 AM
Cool Cruiser

Unhappy Reflection

Dugknight -

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no T-pool on the Reflection.

Book lovers, hammock hangers, and poat fans always welcome to drop by. Cheers!

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Bummer! Thanks Gypsy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aqua Spa Veranda Cabin - Celebrity Reflection

Has anyone experienced the Aqua Spa Veranda Cabin on the Celebrity Reflection? Does it include free access to the Solarium Pool? I know it includes dining in the Spa Restaurant Blu and access to the heated loungers - - but all I'm really interested in is access to the spa pool indoors. Any advise you could share would be very appreciated. The difference in price for me (I'm a solo traveler) is about $700 between the regular Veranda Cabin and the Aqua Spa Cabin. Thanks!

Old April 25th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

The pool you're referring to is free for everybody. I just got off of Reflection a few weeks ago. I enjoyed Aqua class, but not sure I'd do it as a single cruise and for $700. Blu is great and I loved the fresh iced tea and canapés every evening!

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Cool Cruiser

Does anybody know the temperature of the water in the T-pools?