Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old August 16th, 2013, 08:14 AM
5,000+ Club

Ever since my 3rd cruise (2nd on Carnival) when I took DD and her BFF on a 4-night Fantasy cruise out of Port Canaveral, I've wanted to return to Blackbeard's Cay, but it had seemingly vanished off the planet.

I'm sailing with a couple of friends in a couple of weeks and while I almost never do ship tours, I'm going to sign up for the stingray again. The stingrays were in a little shallow cove so it was a very relaxed experience. Unfortunately, we didn't have any beach time (it was really just a stingray excursion at that time), but what I saw looked beautiful.

Wish they offered "deluxe" versions of all the permutations instead of just with the beach option. Don't get the impression from reading the description that the lunch-included version is an all-you-can-eat-and-drink thing (like an all-inclusive). Maybe just lunch and a beverage. Way back in 2004, our excursion included lunch and it was just a voucher for $x. If you wanted more, you paid for it.

There's a thread (or two) on the Bahamas board. People should check there because I'm sure there were some sailing soon who were going to report back in that thread. After all, that's where Bahamas excursion threads belong.

Carnival: 11/1/14 Splendor; 5/4/14 Pride; 11/16/13 Conquest; 9/1/13 Fantasy; 5/3/13 Fantasy; 10/22/12 & 10/27/12 B2B Fantasy; 11/26/11 Fascination; 10/16/11 Glory; 5/23/10 Fantasy; 12/14/09 Miracle (Platinum!); 10/24/09 Triumph (CTN); 5/17/09 Victory; 12/13/08 Fascination; 5/17/08 Glory; 12/17/07 Miracle; 12/18/06 Elation; 05/13/06 Fantasy; 06/20/04 Fantasy; 04/16/01 Jubilee
HAL: 11/21/10 Zaandam
Royal Caribbean: 04/19/03 Nordic Empress

Old August 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellaz View Post
FWIW, the first review has now been posted on Carnival's website -- it is quite positive.

We'd been thinking of staying onboard at Nassau but this might change our minds. Considering that transportation is included, the actual price of the "beach-day" part starts coming down a bit.
Very nice review... I wonder if the bit about seeing the stingrays and "kissing" the dolphins was before those excursions were available?

Old August 17th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

Bobsfamily, I was wondering the same thing and posted a question about that to that review. I am thinking about cancelling our dolphin excursion in Freeport and booking this one instead. (its cheaper and includes the beach and a longer experience). I plan to wait though and see if anymore reviews are posted.
Golden Princess- 7 Day Inside Passage Alaska 5-3-2014

Old August 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

this looks like a really nice beach but at $50 pp without any drinks or food included it seems a little bit high when there are others available where you are given some credit to purchase lunch etc.

Old August 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsfamily View Post
Very nice review... I wonder if the bit about seeing the stingrays and "kissing" the dolphins was before those excursions were available?

I could not find the review on the Carnival website. Can you help me?

Old August 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cool Cruiser

Sign in to Carnival website; go to manage my cruise, plan activities, then view all excursions. Click on Balmoral Beach Day and click on reviews. There is only one review.

Old August 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscruiser53 View Post
Sign in to Carnival website; go to manage my cruise, plan activities, then view all excursions. Click on Balmoral Beach Day and click on reviews. There is only one review.

Oh my gosh I am such a boob! Duh! Thanks so much!

I knew that! I just forgot. Perhaps it was a "Senior Moment". Been getting a lot of those lately.

I was thinking the review was on the Carnival Community or Funville pages on their site.

Once again, thank you so much!

Old August 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseguys2009 View Post
Oh my gosh I am such a boob! Duh! Thanks so much!

I knew that! I just forgot. Perhaps it was a "Senior Moment". Been getting a lot of those lately.

I was thinking the review was on the Carnival Community or Funville pages on their site.

Once again, thank you so much!
At first thought the same but checked the excursion first...

Old August 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

You are welcome. I am having a lot of senior moments myself these days!

Old August 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

After consulting with my sister, who's coming on my next cruise with me, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. I booked the "Beach Day Deluxe" option for us both.
Cruise isn't for 55 more days, so there should be more feedback from others before we have our chance, but I'll report back any glowing compliments or complaints.

70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise

Carnival Victory, 10/14/2013, HMC, Nassau and Grand Turk -- good inexpensive getaway!
Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933799

Carnival Liberty, 9/29/2012, HMC (missed), St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk -- great 7-day itinerary!
Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721966

Carnival Imagination, 1/30/2012, Key West, Cozumel -- birthday cruise and mom's anniversary cruise!
Review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=96886

RCCL's Majesty of the Seas, 10/25/2010, Nassau, Key West, Cococay -- first cruise!

Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Just returned from cruise with this exersion

I was on the dream last week and took "advantage" of this excersion. I say that in quotes cause it was horrible. Took over 40 min to get there, only had about 2 hours on the beach and was told had to leave cause there was only one boat back. Attempted to take picture of the beach and was told we couldnt because the sting rays and dolphins were in the picture. Drinks were $13 plus a $2 premium liquor upcharge(which wasnt asked for) so a total of $34 after their 15% tip for 2 8-10oz drinks which were horrible. Not much snorkeling available. Beach was beautiful though. Hope this helps.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Private Island

I was told that this was a newly purchased island only a couple of weeks old. My sister and I did the excursion and loved it. Not much to do for kids. There is a pool and a waitress at the pool. We did not go into the water but heard it was very shallow. The beach is beautiful with lots of chairs and umbrellas. There is a bar, the drinks were great, a little expensive you can use your sign and sail card. There is a little food store and I think there was Starbucks if I'm not mistaken. The hamburger was pretty good, you can get the package with or without lunch. I would get the lunch, food was pricey. There are tables and couches in the sand really nice. From what I was told they are going to do more work on the island. It is basically for relaxing, I think they were playing games on the beach (didn't really pay much attention because I stayed at the pool).