Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Theme Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Theme Cruises Exchange info about the hot new trend of "theme cruising."

Old August 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten395 View Post
Hi, loved the blog on both forums, thank you for sharing.

Okie dokie here is a silly question. I ride my own and see both men and women in shorts to Capris to jeans. I am an avid believer in jeans due to chin safety and pipe burn safety ... However I'm concerned about how hot it gets there. Could you tell me what the temps and humidity levels are on the islands whole riding? I know it varies and weather changes but curious about your experience.

Thanks,
Kathy
We never ride with anything but long pants and boots and shake our heads at the shorts and capris, but to each his own. Jeans definitely are hot but so are pipes, we wear a khaki colour (light) pant so that they don't absorb as much heat as a dark pant or jean. We do go for the cooler sleevless tops though after all you gotta let the heat out somewhere. We will be doing our 4th MC cruise in Feb/14 and will always continue to wear long pants.

Explorer of the Seas Jan 2010
Serenade of the Seas Mar 2009
Carnival Glory Oct 2007
Sovereign of the Seas Aug 2000
Grandeur of the Seas Nov 1999

Ad Sponsored By
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruising on a cruise

Oh I'm so envious! I too and hubby, each ride our own and rode bikes on cruise last year. It was GORGEOUS, We had a wonderful time with the group we were riding with and our tour guides. We dress for riding, jeans, gloves, helmet, etc. In Cozumel we wore long sleeve shirts instead of jackets. Perfect attire for riding. This cruise I promised I'd do the tour of Mayan temples vs riding lol! Well, it was in exchange for hubby trying scuba diving last time. Anyway, I've actually been looking for cruises that focus on biking. Enjoy!

Old August 31st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Had a nice ride today on our Pacific Island, down the ocean side of Vancouver Island to Parksville where my bike dealer was having an antique and collector's bike show. Some really interesting stuff including a 1931 4 cylinder Indian (the owner rode it to the show), a steam powered MC, lots of old bikes with sidecars and lots of drool from me. Downside was the $300 bill to have my bike serviced. Our next cruise is Sydney, Australia to Hawaii b2b with Hawaii to Vancouver, B.C. We have rented a Heritage Softtail Classic when in Honolulu previously. Rental rates are quite reasonable.

Cheers, Bill

Old September 24th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Bike cruise?

Hey all my boyfriend and I LOVE going on trips.. add in our bikes and we are in heaven could anyone post a link or give me more info on this.. It's the first I have heard of them and I think we have been missing out!!

Old September 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angele000 View Post
Hey all my boyfriend and I LOVE going on trips.. add in our bikes and we are in heaven could anyone post a link or give me more info on this.. It's the first I have heard of them and I think we have been missing out!!
Here is the link for the cruises that I was looking at: http://www.cruise-eta.com/

Enjoy!! Prices not much different than cruise itself.

Old February 20th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymagic View Post
We never ride with anything but long pants and boots and shake our heads at the shorts and capris, but to each his own. Jeans definitely are hot but so are pipes, we wear a khaki colour (light) pant so that they don't absorb as much heat as a dark pant or jean. We do go for the cooler sleevless tops though after all you gotta let the heat out somewhere. We will be doing our 4th MC cruise in Feb/14 and will always continue to wear long pants.
Thank you for the info. Pretty much how we are ... I ride in jeans and tanks all summer long but was just curious. I am actually looking into buying new jeans an making them into zip-offs this way when we stop for a legth of ime I can zip'em off and zip'em back on again.

Disney Fantasy - 11/2014
Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas (first motorcycle cruise) - 4/2014
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas - 4/2013
Disney Fantasy - 8/2012
Carnival Dream - 11/2010
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas - 1/2010
Disney Magic - 11/2008
Disney Magic - 11/2006