Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.

Old October 30th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Liberty Wedding

My daughter is looking at the Liberty for there wedding anybody have any info on a wedding on the Liberty or pictures????

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

I had my wedding one year ago on the carnival liberty. Feel free to ask questions... There were things that went really well and things that did not... I'm not sure what was carnivals fault and what was vendor fault etc.... If I had it to do again, the party was nice but I'd get married on a beach lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Sensation (same ship 11 years later!) November 10-17 (1st anniversary cruise) *Husband makes platinum*
Carnival Glory Oct 13-20 (B2B) *I make platinum*
Carnival Imagination B2B2B May 3-13, 2013
Carnival Liberty B2B 11/2012 **Wedding Cruise**
RCI Majesty of the Seas 10/12/2012
Carnival Legend: 3/2012
Carnival Sensation 2002
Carnival Spirit 2001
Disney cruise
multiple day/overnight cruises

Old November 3rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Could you tell me what went wrong? Im thinking of booking a wedding package on the liberty very soon.

Old November 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

The long and short of it are this:

I think as long as you stay under 20 ppl, the cost of the party afterwards is totally reasonable (provided they drink). The DJ didn't listen to my requests at all. I only requested first dance and last song to be specific. He got the first dance at least.

As far as the planning goes, they kept losing paperwork. That was frustrating. I had booked someone to do my hair and makeup. I sent pictures of the hairstyle I wanted MONTHS before and got it approved. I kept checking with them.
Then the day arrives, she arrives late, tells me she doesn't have time to do my hair that way, that they never should have said it was okay, and then did a simple up do that I could have done myself. That was infuriating to me. And she was rude to my mother.

Then we get to the boat, and the carnival people were insanely rude and i started crying (ruining the make up) because they basically told me they were going to throw me in jail because the wedding coordinator was having me wait in a certain place (not my fault, this isn't your first wedding, get your crap together).

And to top it all off, they hauled my mom off the boat and she almost missed my wedding because carnival put a forklift through one of her luggage bags.

So, would I do it again. No way. It was so totally stressful. The photographer wouldn't take any pictures we wanted. Thank GOD my stepdad can use a camera. The candles we brought with us for the ceremony fell over and broke during the ceremony (nothing like a unity candle that shattered....)

I just didn't like it. I'm glad its over, and we're coming up on the one year anniversary, but I would NEVER renew my vows with them for sure.

The good part was the food was really awesome at the reception, the drinks were fast and strong, and the DJ played whatever he wanted.... I have pictures of the photographer sitting at the bar. So, clearly he sucked.

Now, some people have had great times, but we both agreed it was terrible and we wouldn't do it again.

I did write them a letter both on board and once we got home. I never even got an apology or acknowledgement of it.

It is a cheaper way to do it, and it sounds cool. But I really really was disappointed.

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Sensation (same ship 11 years later!) November 10-17 (1st anniversary cruise) *Husband makes platinum*
Carnival Glory Oct 13-20 (B2B) *I make platinum*
Carnival Imagination B2B2B May 3-13, 2013
Carnival Liberty B2B 11/2012 **Wedding Cruise**
RCI Majesty of the Seas 10/12/2012
Carnival Legend: 3/2012
Carnival Sensation 2002
Carnival Spirit 2001
Disney cruise
multiple day/overnight cruises

Old November 4th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am getting married while sailing on the Liberty next April. I am NOT Getting married on the Liberty for the exact reasons stated in the post above. We are getting hitched during the stop in St. Thomas and having ceremony and reception the island. You can go cheaper and have the ceremony on the island and the reception on the ship. But I want to have control over my wedding and I feel that with a ship board wedding you are just picking what options they will give you (to me seems very limited). So just throwing that out there.... there are other options to get married during a cruise. The only downside is that we will only have guests who are able to sail.
12/2012 - Carnival Liberty - Exotic Western Carib. NYE Cruise
3/2014 - Carnival Liberty - Exotic Eastern Carib. -- WE GOT HITCHED! Review of St. Thomas Island Bliss Weddings
4/2014 - Carnival Valor - Southern Carrib. - B2B Wedding/Honeymoon Cruises!

4/19/2015 - Carnival Valor - Southern Caribbean 1 year anniversary and cruise with Framily!
Cruise Countdown Tickers

Old November 4th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

[Q

What was you coordinators name? Was there a bartender in the room for your reception?

UOTE=sunlovingirl;40550640]The long and short of it are this:

I think as long as you stay under 20 ppl, the cost of the party afterwards is totally reasonable (provided they drink). The DJ didn't listen to my requests at all. I only requested first dance and last song to be specific. He got the first dance at least.

As far as the planning goes, they kept losing paperwork. That was frustrating. I had booked someone to do my hair and makeup. I sent pictures of the hairstyle I wanted MONTHS before and got it approved. I kept checking with them.
Then the day arrives, she arrives late, tells me she doesn't have time to do my hair that way, that they never should have said it was okay, and then did a simple up do that I could have done myself. That was infuriating to me. And she was rude to my mother.

Then we get to the boat, and the carnival people were insanely rude and i started crying (ruining the make up) because they basically told me they were going to throw me in jail because the wedding coordinator was having me wait in a certain place (not my fault, this isn't your first wedding, get your crap together).

And to top it all off, they hauled my mom off the boat and she almost missed my wedding because carnival put a forklift through one of her luggage bags.

So, would I do it again. No way. It was so totally stressful. The photographer wouldn't take any pictures we wanted. Thank GOD my stepdad can use a camera. The candles we brought with us for the ceremony fell over and broke during the ceremony (nothing like a unity candle that shattered....)

I just didn't like it. I'm glad its over, and we're coming up on the one year anniversary, but I would NEVER renew my vows with them for sure.

The good part was the food was really awesome at the reception, the drinks were fast and strong, and the DJ played whatever he wanted.... I have pictures of the photographer sitting at the bar. So, clearly he sucked.

Now, some people have had great times, but we both agreed it was terrible and we wouldn't do it again.

I did write them a letter both on board and once we got home. I never even got an apology or acknowledgement of it.

It is a cheaper way to do it, and it sounds cool. But I really really was disappointed.[/quote]

Old November 5th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Do you have any pictures from the wedding what room was it in????

Old November 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

I had my wedding on the liberty on embarkation day. I had 50 non sailing guests (the max) and 10 sailing including myself and hubby. I had an awesome experience throughout, you really have to put your faith in the coordinators. I was so pleased that it came out exactly as I asked. Check out my previous posts for a short review & let me know if you have any other ?

Old December 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Liberty Bride

I am getting married on the Liberty in April of 2014, and I cant wait. I was nervous at first... but now it has been so easy and I am so happy I went this route. I wanted to get married off the boat, but it didnt seem cost effective I also was nervous about the weather havin to personally lug everything off the boat. It just for me seemed like a lot. Plus I wanted to be able to enjoy my wedding and have family attend that couldnt sail.

So with 4 months to go I have ordered my package, rooms, announcments/invites, and flowers. I am working on all the pretty decorations now. SO far the coordinator Raven has been a blessing. She has helped me the entire way. I am still nervous about my rooms I chose and the outcome but I cant wait.