Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Gay & Lesbian Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Gay & Lesbian Cruisers A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipTexas View Post
Sorry, couldn't get my phone to function in reply mode. Who named these phones "Smart?" Ok, maybe it's just me. Anyway, Blake & I also aren't "regular" gays (again...whatever that means). I'm more into bar scene than Blake, but he doesn't drink. Darn...that means I get stuck drinking for 2. ) I wanted to check out a few gay clubs. If you want some company Sat. night let me know. Sort of hate posting my email and cell # on a public forum. But you have my name and hotel. Wish this site allowed pvt. messages. Would be great to connect before the cruise.
If you are on twitter you can add me @jepoole

Or Facebook: facebook.com/jepoole
Freedom of the Seas ~ June 21, 2015

Previous Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas ~ June 29, 2014
Allure of the Seas ~ March 2014
Allure of the Seas ~ October 2013
Navigator of the Seas ~ March 2013
Oasis of the Seas ~ June 2012
Freedom of the Seas ~ July 2010
Carnival Imagination ~ May 1998

Old October 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default reply to Jason & Caleb

Jason, have tossed it around to get on FB and/or Tw but have not joined either as yet. Am I correct that CC does not permit pvt. messaging here? I did receive a pvt. but was from CC admin. when I joined. Any other creative option to connect? Tomorrow will be a B of a day but will see if I can look into FB.

Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarshipTexas View Post
Jason, have tossed it around to get on FB and/or Tw but have not joined either as yet. Am I correct that CC does not permit pvt. messaging here? I did receive a pvt. but was from CC admin. when I joined. Any other creative option to connect? Tomorrow will be a B of a day but will see if I can look into FB.
No worries... You can email me...

jasonpoole at gmail dot com

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app
Freedom of the Seas ~ June 21, 2015

Previous Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas ~ June 29, 2014
Allure of the Seas ~ March 2014
Allure of the Seas ~ October 2013
Navigator of the Seas ~ March 2013
Oasis of the Seas ~ June 2012
Freedom of the Seas ~ July 2010
Carnival Imagination ~ May 1998

Old October 3rd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Partner and I are on the 24 night San Fran to Sydney next September. Hope others are on board as well

Old October 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

My partner and I are headed on Splendor of the Seas to the Mediterranean November second with good friends, we always travel on Royal love it.

Liberty Of The Seas - 11/26/11 Caribbean Cruise
Navigator Of The Seas - 3/17/11 Caribbean Cruise
Splendour Of The Seas - 11/06/10 Greek Isles Cruise
Adventure Of The Seas - 1/25/09 Caribbean Cruise

Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default reply to Jim

Hi Jim. Last Nov. 2nd we did the Mariner of the Seas, from Civitaveccia, 16 days thru the Med. & then TA to Galveston on their repositioning cruise. Awesome!! You guys will love the Med.

Old October 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey Tom, we have been to the med before in 2010 and we fell in love with it. We decided to go back with some good friends of ours so we were going to to the western side with a stop in Rome that I really wanted to do but the air fair was so outrageous right before thanksgiving we decided to go earlier and picked this one. Venice and the Greek isles we have been to three of the islands but am so looking forward in showing our friends all. I was actually born in Athens and adopted when I was six month old and brought to the US so I so love going to Greece. Sometime would love to take the one you took. We are already looking for next year don't think we will do the med so many choices. Take care

Liberty Of The Seas - 11/26/11 Caribbean Cruise
Navigator Of The Seas - 3/17/11 Caribbean Cruise
Splendour Of The Seas - 11/06/10 Greek Isles Cruise
Adventure Of The Seas - 1/25/09 Caribbean Cruise

Last edited by scifimodelfan; October 3rd, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Old October 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Cruise to Bahamas on 10/28

Heading to FL to catch a ride on RCL Enchantment of the Seas for few days to the Bahamas. this will my first on RCL and have cruise on Carnival in the past to Cozumel and Alaska. This is my first vacation since I have been in the hospital 7 times since the beginning of the year. Just need some R&R in the sun and enjoy some beach and waterslide fun. Have another vacation planned for the holiday via rail to Quebec City Montreal and Toronto. Probably Palm Springs for spring break and then a trip to Ptown and a cruise sometime in July before my partner has to go back to work. He is teacher and I think next year is his last. I "retired" this year after having kidney failure and just walking flights of steps can be challenging. Hope I get a few hits by other lovers of Judy/Dorothy on the cruise. LOL

We arrive in Anch on 6/21 & driving to FB. 2 days in Denali & 2 in Seward.

Old October 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundi356 View Post
Heading to FL to catch a ride on RCL Enchantment of the Seas for few days to the Bahamas. this will my first on RCL and have cruise on Carnival in the past to Cozumel and Alaska. This is my first vacation since I have been in the hospital 7 times since the beginning of the year. Just need some R&R in the sun and enjoy some beach and waterslide fun. Have another vacation planned for the holiday via rail to Quebec City Montreal and Toronto. Probably Palm Springs for spring break and then a trip to Ptown and a cruise sometime in July before my partner has to go back to work. He is teacher and I think next year is his last. I "retired" this year after having kidney failure and just walking flights of steps can be challenging. Hope I get a few hits by other lovers of Judy/Dorothy on the cruise. LOL
Hi. I hope your strength will improve in your recovery. Cruising is awesome but often requires a lot of walking and stairs when the elevators are busy. I just returnned from a cruise on the RCCL Allure to the W. Caribbean. Weather was gorgeous. For some reason the FRIENDS OF DOROTHY are not frequently posting here. On the Allure, a huge mega ship, we didn't locate any organized meetings. However last Nov. on the Mariner we had amazingly large gathering each evening. I am also planning a visit with a teacher friend in Palm Springs. Enjoy yourself in every way you can. Best regards. Tom

Old November 12th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes we always cruise with Celebrity

Celebrity Shilouette Nov 2011
Celebrity Shilouette July 2012

Old November 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Yes, we are big fans of Celebrity, but we actually like the Millennium Class ships better than the new "S" Class ships. We found they used the space better and it was much more traditional - on the "M" class ships. We also liked many of the features like the Thallostherapy pool, dining room, drawer/closet space in the room, picture window on the ocean sauna and in general, the public spaces.

We have also been several times on the Gem Class ships of Princess - Ruby, Emerald, Crown, Diamond, etc... and have been very pleased. It is just a smidgen down a notch from Celebrity in ambiance.

Now as for RCCL - we went on a couple of cruises; the last one we took five years ago - we were very disappointed in the food and service. We also like that Celebrity/Princess does not have as many kids/families aboard. We also feel Celebrity is a bit more upscale in its clientele.

We have been on NCL once (food horrible, service fair, cabin and entertainment excellent) and Oceania (too old and stodgy, lack of entertainment and life on the ship after 9 PM and food was okay; not better than Celebrity) - never again for NCL; maybe in 20- 30 years for Oceania. Holland was good to very good in food and service, but clientele tends to be VERY old - 75 & up - we hung out with the entertainment group as the ship was also dead after 10 PM. FYI we are in our early 50's & 60's male couple - we were the young-ins.

Celebrity has always taken good care of us and now that we have been "Elite" in their program - they take really good care of us. We will stick with Celebrity and Princess for the mid-priced cruise lines.

Whatever line you choose have a great trip... Happy sailing

Celebrity

=X= Celebrity Cruises Elite Member =X=

Century June, 2001, Horizon March, 2002, Millennium June, 2002, Century June, 2004, Century March, 2005
Mercury June, 2005, Millennium April, 2006, Millennium March, 2008, Century June, 2008
Millennium March, 2010, Solstice, June 2010, Reflection, March, 2013, Summit, March, 2014

Holland America
Veendam - June, 2009

Oceania
Regatta - June, 2012

Princess

Platinum Member

Golden Princess April, 2003, Sun Princess March, 2007
Crown Princess April, 2009, Ruby Princess Christmas, 2010, Ruby Princess March, 2011,
Dawn Princess July, 2011, Ruby Princess March, 2012,
Ruby Princess June, 2013, Caribbean Princess June/July2014, Regal Princess March, 2015

Royal Caribbean
Enchantment of the Seas July, 2000, Adventure of the Seas June, 2007

NCL
Norwegian Jewel -July, 2006

Last edited by neilrr; November 12th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Old November 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Cool Cruiser

My husband and I are booked on the Celebrity Infinity for my 50th birthday. We did splurge on Aqua Class, but Blu was so excellent on the Reflection, I felt like we would be missing out.
RCCL Nordic Empress
HAL Ryndam
Celebrity Mercury
HAL Oosterdam
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Infinity

Old December 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven & Dale View Post
My husband and I are booked on the Celebrity Infinity for my 50th birthday. We did splurge on Aqua Class, but Blu was so excellent on the Reflection, I felt like we would be missing out.
Hi, Steve and Dale--

Michael and I are booked on Infinity for the January 5, 2014 sailing from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Which sailing are you guys booked on?

--Terry

Past Cruises:
Celebrity Infinity (1/5/14 South America)
Celebrity Xpedition (1/6/13 Galapagos)
Celebrity Century 2012 (New Zealand/Australia)

Old December 2nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacruiserla View Post
Hi, Steve and Dale--

Michael and I are booked on Infinity for the January 5, 2014 sailing from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Which sailing are you guys booked on?

--Terry
Hi Terry,

We are sailing on the March 30th, 2014 sailing from Miami to San Diego. We are looking at your itinerary for our next cruise.

Steven
RCCL Nordic Empress
HAL Ryndam
Celebrity Mercury
HAL Oosterdam
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Infinity

Old December 5th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven & Dale View Post
Hi Terry,

We are sailing on the March 30th, 2014 sailing from Miami to San Diego. We are looking at your itinerary for our next cruise.

Steven
Steven,

Have a great time on your cruise. We look forward to our. Can't believe that it's less than a month away.

Terry

Past Cruises:
Celebrity Infinity (1/5/14 South America)
Celebrity Xpedition (1/6/13 Galapagos)
Celebrity Century 2012 (New Zealand/Australia)

Old December 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default check on roll call

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11dfr11 View Post
Dec.12,2013 Brilliance of the Seas
April 20,2014 Celebrity Silhouette

See you on the Brilliance tomorrow. Check out the roll call.

We usually sail with Celebrity. Transatlantics are usually loaded with LGBT folks.
RCCL is fine. Never tried Princess and will probably never go on Carnival (never say never, right?); if it's anything like Costa, then no.

Old December 11th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Dick and Joe here from Winter Haven FL

We'll be doing a TA on Brilliance of the Seas from Harwich to Boston on 8/31/14.

Old December 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Freedom of the Seas

I am considering RCCL Freedom of the Seas from Port Canaveral on January 5 Currently great rates, including for single travelers.

Anyone on these sailings?

Old December 17th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Celebrity Constellation Dec 23 Cozumel

We just decided last minute to book a quick getaway to Cozumel from Ft. Lauderdale with a stop in Key West. Looking forward to spending Christmas with "Connie" and a couple thousand of our fellow passengers.

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

My partner and I are fans of Celebrity. We really fell in love with the Solstice Class of ships after our cruise on the Equinox in 2011. We do two cruises a year and he would be happy doing all Celebrity. However, I like variety, so we always do one Celebrity and one on a different line. We enjoyed NCL, but ONLY if we book a suite. The rest of the ship is pretty low rent. We did Crystal last year - I enjoyed it, but my partner didn't like all of the old people (we are in our 30s). And for the expense, it would only make sense to do it again if he had liked it. We did Holland America this year - we hated the ship (Maasdam), but liked the overall product, so we will try them again, but on a newer ship.

We just got off the Infinity after cruising down the West Coast of South America. It was an amazing trip. Our next cruise is on the Silhouette in the Mediterranean. We are really excited to get back on the Solstice Class ships. We love the layout of those ships - especially the Solarium.

We have some upcoming cruises booked with Princess and Azamara, which my partner isn't as excited about, but I'm the one in charge of planning lol

Michael

Crystal Serenity, Eastern Caribbean
Maasdam, Canada/New England
Norwegian Star, Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sun, Alaska/Sawyer Glacier
Norwegian Jade, Western Mediterranean
Celebrity Equinox, Eastern Mediterrean
Celebrity Summit, Bermuda
Celebrity Reflection, Northern Europe
Celebrity Infinity, South America
Celebrity Silhouette, Adriatic/Mediterranean

UPCOMING!