Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Alaska

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old December 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Balcony/mini suite?

Going w/ Princess is the mini suite that much bigger than the balcony, meaning, would one splurge for a mini suite, can you compare a mini suite to a cabin on royal caribbean, that's the ship I usually cruise with. I have been on the Diamond before though, thanks

Old December 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Balcony

This past August I was on the Coral Princess. I had originally booked a Balcony but when prices went down, I upgraded to a mini. Knowing what I know now, I will re-book a balcony when I go in '15. The mini has a tub as opposed to just a shower and the mini has 2 TV's with a small "living area" with a couch and chair. Being in a mini suite, you also get a complimentary glass of champagne in your cabin for sailaway. I traveled alone, so I really didn't need that extra space. I used the couch to throw stuff on, other than that, it really wasn't needed.

Climbing into the tub to take a shower was a little precarious and my head almost touched the ceiling and I'm only 5'5".

I will definitely get a balcony again as it was nice to have my own space when the decks got crowded in Glacier Bay. Now in my case, it rained most of the time when I went in August so I didn't spend a lot of time out there. My next trip will be in June.

If you are travelling with someone else, you may enjoy the additional space of a mini. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your cabin, stick with the balcony.

Cruise tour first on 6/29/15 in Anchorage!

Old December 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
50,000+ Club

I would also ask about this on the Princess Board.

Keith

Old December 26th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We prefer to book a mini-suite on Princess especially for cruises longer than 7 nights.

A Mini-Suites has a full size couch, a full tub which provides a larger shower area, and a larger balcony. Nice to have the extra space in the cabin.

On which Princess ship for Alaska will you be sailing?

LuLu
~~~~

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCruisers View Post
We prefer to book a mini-suite on Princess especially for cruises longer than 7 nights.

A Mini-Suites has a full size couch, a full tub which provides a larger shower area, and a larger balcony. Nice to have the extra space in the cabin.

On which Princess ship for Alaska will you be sailing?

LuLu
~~~~
I'm thinking about the Coral/Island. I'm taking my sister and she is really overweight, so I was thinking the mini suite, would really like something larger, but as you know alaska is expensive and that means more money. What cabin is after the minisuite and is that worth the price for the space