Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old December 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question What date in March?

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple1 View Post
They did not add the Freestyle machines. We were rather spoiled by them on Enchantment.

I'm glad we tried it out. Now I'm debating about switching our March 2014 to a Vision of the Seas 7 nighter out of Tampa.
What are your dates in March 2014? We are on Vision on 22 March!

Old December 29th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMaxwell View Post
Giovannis Table

Nice photos thanks for posting. I'm going to be on the Splendour Of The Seas in April from Brazil(Santos)-Barcelona so I guess the Vision looks like the Splendour with some minor differences am I correct? I hope the Splendour has new furniture in the staterooms.

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Cool Cruiser

These Pics are awesome. Quick question on the cabin, was it an outside view or Panaromanic outside view? I have a Panaramic cabin in May and am curious as to how it would look.

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhaven1 View Post
These Pics are awesome. Quick question on the cabin, was it an outside view or Panaromanic outside view? I have a Panaramic cabin in May and am curious as to how it would look.
This was on deck 2; category I cabin. #2580.

I think deck 2 has smaller windows than other standard oceanview cabins but I may be wrong about that. Google Image search: Panoramic Ocean view Royal Caribbean and you will get a number of results of photos from real guests and not just brochure shots. Those Panoramic view cabins look great to me.

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Here are photos of a similar cabin on Enchantment, also with an exterior view. I don't know how representative this is of Vision or not, but I would imagine very, very close

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1845611&page=2

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Not true

[quote=LMaxwell;40702481]Continuing on; some of the Ben & Jerrys / Coffee shop on Deck 6. I like "regular" coffee, so the stuff upstairs suits me fine, and I think paying for ice cream on a ship full of deserts is ludicrous, so I blew right threw this area once just to have a look see. The cookies/cakes are free IF you purchase a coffee and looked quite nice. Coffee-drink prices seems pretty reasonable but I do not have a photo of the menu prices unfortunately or remember them either.

This is on Deck 6; starboard side. You can see the photo gallery on the left hand side. There is a "book nook" in the middle.

You DO NOT have to buy coffee or tea to get any of the pastries in the case. You can simply walk up & ask for any of them. They are free.

Last edited by skypig; January 10th, 2014 at 12:40 PM.

Old January 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypig View Post

You DO NOT have to buy coffee or tea to get any of the pastries in the case. You can simply walk up & ask for any of them. They are free.
That was what I had believed as well but was told differently when I asked. Maybe because it was a 2 day cruise? Perhaps just a new employee not familiar with the rules? It has been explained to me on other ships the baked items are complimentary and only the beverages have a cost.

Old January 10th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
That was what I had believed as well but was told differently when I asked. Maybe because it was a 2 day cruise? Perhaps just a new employee not familiar with the rules? It has been explained to me on other ships the baked items are complimentary and only the beverages have a cost.
Wow....not sure why you were told that. I was on the Vision TA right before that & several times I got the baked goods from there without buying anything. Granted I did make good use of purchasing coffee several times also but not always. When I was on the Enchantment in April I did the same thing. ?????

Old January 11th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just curious..does anyone know if there is a place to print off boarding passes the night before getting off if we don't have an internet package?

Old January 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellecruise12 View Post
Just curious..does anyone know if there is a place to print off boarding passes the night before getting off if we don't have an internet package?
To my knowledge, only Oasis and Allure have kiosks to print boarding passes for free. Other ships would require you to purchase internet access to print your boarding passes.

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Voyager

Old January 16th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Photos ? ? ?

Quote:
I'll throw some keywords at the top here so that in the future hopefully people can find this as a reference. These photos were taken on 11/11/13 - 11/13/13 just after a revitalization of the ship was completed in October 2013. (other keywords: dry dock, rejuvenation, re-decorating, rehabilitation, new venues)

I took way more photos than I even thought I would; so bear with me as I will post them in small sets of areas. I do not have every area photographed but this should still be helpful to anyone considering the ship.

That said; let's knock out the stateroom first.

Cabin: 2580 - Outside View - I believe these rooms are new or heavily heavily rehabilitated. It still had a "new" smell.

Notes: Starboard side - About 5 cabins ahead of rear bank of elevators. Near silent cabin. No odd sounds. Room is absolutely spotless.

New Samsung Flat Screen TV's. There is a photo of the different ports and inputs on the TV, but I don't know if they are disabled or not. Yes the TV is on an articulating arm and can face the sofa or the bed easily.

Closet includes tons of wooden hangers for both shirts and pants (with the clips). Personal flotation devices are in the closet

A bunch of room service order forms near the door, but no pen in the room. . No fridge/cool box. Yes there is a safe. It was the touchpad variety for the combination. No I did not use it. I do not own an iPad so don't know if one would fit.

Blackout curtains excellent. REALLY effective at blacking out the room to sleep.

Bathroom has good amount of storage; there are also opening cabinets to the right of the vanity and shelves with little sea rails on them. 4 hooks on back of the bathroom door. Water pressure, excellent. Temperature control, excellent. Never had an issue with the toilet. Note: All you get amenity wise is two small bars of soap. There is a soap dish by the sink and one in the shower. The showed head can be raised / lowered, pivoted, removed from holder (hand held). Pretty standard stuff but worth a mention.

I asked nothing of the room steward (did not even meet him until departure morning) and on the second night I left the do not disturb sign up when I went out as I didn't need anything and thought it would be one less room for him to have to turn down. That said, the evening service the first night, and day service the second day was just as expected. (This was a 2 day cruise)

I'd take this room again. When I got back on the ship I went up the stairs and was at my room in under a minute for sure. Very quiet. I think deck 2 OV cabins have smaller windows than other decks but they were not "small" really and let in a ton of light. Not sure I'd trade to get a bigger window but potentially be underneath public venues by moving up to deck 3.

More will follow later this evening

What happened to the photos?

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicalgal2 View Post
It would appear they had so many hits that photo bucket won't allow any more.

Gina

Last edited by mommabean; January 17th, 2014 at 08:27 AM.

Old January 17th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicalgal2 View Post
They still open... click on them. As far as I can tell they only open one at a time

Cruise Countdown Tickers

AFTER QUANTUM:
Mar 20. 2015 Legend - Southern Caribbean
Sept 11, 2015 Radiance - Vancouver to Hawaii

GREAT MEMORIES:
RCCL - Explorer, Mariner*2, Voyager*2, Adventure, Independence, Freedom, Liberty, Majesty*2, Rhapsody*2, Enchantment, Radiance, Oasis, Vision*3 photo review, Navigator full review (West Carib), Serenade full review (Med/Adriatic)
Celebrity - Constellation, NCL - Pearl & Sky, Princess - Golden, HAL - Volendam

Old January 19th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs down ??? Not here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster95 View Post
They still open... click on them. As far as I can tell they only open one at a time
When I click on the photos, it takes me to another page.
http://s828.photobucket.com/user/lai...02cb0.jpg.html
The photo is the same as it appears on this page NOTHING. I must signin before I know if I can see the photos. I'm not interested in that!

Old February 3rd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Does anyone know what the concierge club hours are on the Vision of the Seas Spanish immersion cruise? I know that dinner is not until 9:30 pm which is later than most other cruises, so I would think the club hours would be adjusted--but just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information
Thanks so much!

Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:40 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by str6 View Post
Does anyone know what the concierge club hours are on the Vision of the Seas Spanish immersion cruise? I know that dinner is not until 9:30 pm which is later than most other cruises, so I would think the club hours would be adjusted--but just thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information
Thanks so much!
I do know that when we were on Vision out of Copenhagen, dinner was later but the "happy hour" times were the same - 5 until 8:30. There was no official concierge lounge at that time but diamond and above still have a full free bar in a private location. The only time I've seen the hours changed on a ship is when the dinner hour is moved forward.

Gina

Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
30,000+ Club

Thank you for posting this thread and the pictures,
my DH & I enjoyed both very much!

~LIFE'S AN OCEAN, SAIL IT! ~
Voyager of the Seas 2002/Enchantment of the Seas 2003/Enchantment of the Seas 2006/Enchantment of the Seas 2007/Liberty of the Seas 2007/Navigator of the Seas 2008/Mariner of the Seas 2008/Explorer of the Seas 2008/Explorer of the Seas 2009/Liberty of the Seas 2009/Explorer of the Seas 2010/Oasis of the Seas 2010/again, Oasis of the Seas 2010/Monarch of the Seas 2010/Explorer of the Seas 2011/again,Explorer of the Seas 2011/Majesty of the Seas 2011/Explorer of the Seas 2011/Explorer of the Seas 4-7-2013/Explorer of the Seas 10-6-2013/Vision of the Seas 5-22-2014/Explorer of the Seas 9-11-2014
Upcoming: NCL Epic 1-11-15(first time cruising like a Norwegian!)/Liberty of the Seas 10-22-15
Diamond Plus RCCL
Why is it that the know-it-all's, don't know how annoying they are?

Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question time? ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by str6 View Post
Thanks so much!
STR6 Can't answer your concierge club question but dinner serving starts at 7:00 PM. There is an early (7:00 PM) and a late dining (9:00) times.

I'm sure that the times for the concierge club would be adjusted to the dining times.

Old February 10th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Great photos! Thanks for posting. I will be going on the vision at the end of may. It will be my first cruise. These pics were a big help on what to expect. I have a question. since they do not have the coke machines how do the kids get sodas? Do they have regular fountain drinks available? Thanks

Old February 10th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrankart View Post
Great photos! Thanks for posting. I will be going on the vision at the end of may. It will be my first cruise. These pics were a big help on what to expect. I have a question. since they do not have the coke machines how do the kids get sodas? Do they have regular fountain drinks available? Thanks
Yes, reg fountain drinks available.. We are going the beg. of May..Enjoy!!