Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
They have a huge plow they bolt on to the front of the ship...Now that's funny.
That's my worry. Will they leave on time? A few years ago we cruised and there was a hurricane. We sat for hours in the building bc we couldn't board the ship due to weather. I was wondering if they will postpone leaving until Monday or anything crazy like that!!Why would you be worrying about them not leaving until Monday? Because of snow??? I'd worry more about where I'm buying my first DOD instead of snow for this weekend...
About a month or so ago John Heald posted on his blog pictures of a snow-laden Pride. It looked neat seeing the snow on the lido/sun decks but they appeared to have left on time. I think you'll be fine Enjoy your getaway!
Carnival Pride 2.0 (upcoming) 6-21-15 Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport
Carnival Pride 11-10-13 Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport
Ya gotta HAVE snow to be able to handle it. Snow not forecasted for the weekend of Feb 8/9 in Baltimore...at least not amounts that need to be "handled".....Actually, it is...
As it gets closer if the weather forecast is still predicting heavy snow you could reserve a room at one of the park and cruise hotels, the price shouldn't be too much more then just parking at the port and you wouldn't have to worry about the drive as much because you would have a whole extra day to arrive.
I'm not so much worried about the port or the ship sailing. I'm a little worried about getting TO the port if it's really bad. MD isn't especially used to very large snows, and PA has been known to close roads to all but emergency vehicles...
As it gets closer if the weather forecast is still predicting heavy snow you could reserve a room at one of the park and cruise hotels, the price shouldn't be too much more then just parking at the port and you wouldn't have to worry about the drive as much because you would have a whole extra day to arrive.That is what I will likely do, but my DH is a landlubber and won't be joining us. So, as things stand right now, he will just be dropping us off on Sunday. But I'll swim out to meet her if that's what it takes! I'm going on this cruise!
we're traveling from NJ to MD to go on the Pride in April and we'll be leaving Sunday morning. I heard between 3 and 30 inches this weekend. For the amount you're spending on the cruise, I wouldn't risk it and would spring for the hotel for the night. You could always wait till later in the week to see what they're saying. Your husband could still drive down with you Saturday and spend that night, then leave in the morning. It would be nice to break up the ride for himOr DH will be stuck in Baltimore waiting for them to handle the snow, and PA to open the roads. YOU will be on a cruise Just kidding. Hope for the best but go a day early if necessary. Wish I could get away from this snow too.