Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old February 24th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default worried about noise

This may sound strange when we've booked on a ship with many people on it but my son and I suffer from MS and have booked a balcony mini-suite deck 11, cabin 11162.

We booked a big cabin as we expect to be in there a lot. We need a reasonable amount of quiet because if we can't rest a lot we become stressed and may suffer a horrible attack.

I have just read some horror stories about noise on that side of the ship coming from above. Scraping chairs and runners on the track and noise from a restaurant.

I know that cabins are filling fast and so what may be a good alternative. Unfortunately one of us suffers from claustrophobia so an inside cabin won't work.

Does anyone have any ideas to help us please?

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Cool Cruiser

I just realised that I did not specify which ship, it is the Pacific Jewel. That ship really gets a bad rap....

We are really looking forward to some R&R and are normally positive people who do not listen to those who are negative but it's getting ridiculous. After these people complained the staff were of no help either. The trip is over a year away and already I'm worrying but that is because cabins are selling fast.

Thanks for listening.

Old February 24th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Normally it is quieter in cabins that have other cabins both above and below.
However for specific information you may want to check your cruiseline's forum or the section for new cruisers about choosing a cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Old February 24th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Synch View Post
This may sound strange when we've booked on a ship with many people on it but my son and I suffer from MS and have booked a balcony mini-suite deck 11, cabin 11162.

We booked a big cabin as we expect to be in there a lot. We need a reasonable amount of quiet because if we can't rest a lot we become stressed and may suffer a horrible attack.

I have just read some horror stories about noise on that side of the ship coming from above. Scraping chairs and runners on the track and noise from a restaurant.

I know that cabins are filling fast and so what may be a good alternative. Unfortunately one of us suffers from claustrophobia so an inside cabin won't work.

Does anyone have any ideas to help us please?
Per the deck plans, if you want a balcony and or mini suite the only options are cabins on deck 11 directly below the pool deck. Since inside cabins are not an option than the only other option would be to book an ocean view cabin on a lower deck that has cabins below and above it. Otherwise would suggest bring hear plugs to help reduce any noises.