Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Australia & New Zealand

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old December 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sydney Opera House Tour

Wondering which is the best tour of the opera house in Sydney. No time constraints.

Old January 1st, 2014, 11:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just returned from Sydney. I don't know which tour I took but it was just a main tour that showed us several of the theaters. It lasted just over 1 hour and was very good. I bought the tickets online and they were less expensive than buying them in person. I recommend the tour.

Old March 15th, 2014, 07:59 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by flattails View Post
Wondering which is the best tour of the opera house in Sydney.
The backstage tour is the best one. But I see that they're currently doing it at an awkward time.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_

Old March 16th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

A tip: the earlier in the day you do a tour, the more you get to see of the theaters and performance spaces.
even in the early afternoon, there may be performances and/or rehearsals scheduled and then they wont let you inside the theaters.

Old March 17th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Cool Cruiser

We did the Backstage tour in February and it was great. The price includes breakfast in the green room when your tour is done.

This one does limit participation to around 10 guests a day, so pre-book if you want to do it.

Old March 23rd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

My sister took a ship sponsored tour and felt that it just wasn't long enough to really enjoy the House. She wished she had had more time there, I think it was just about an hour and that included time in the small gift shop. What time she spent there was quite enjoyable, but just not long enough.
Pat

Good Cruising Patty J.

Old April 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Dive or snorkle Great Barrier Reef

We are looking for a good reasonable dive shop in Cains for thebeginning of Oct. as we are doing the post tour from the Carnival Legend.

Old April 12th, 2014, 08:41 AM
20,000+ Club

Hi, mandi373, and welcome to CC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi373 View Post
We are looking for a good reasonable dive shop in Cains for thebeginning of Oct. as we are doing the post tour from the Carnival Legend.
Your question isn't really related either to Sydney or the Sydney Opera House, which is the subject of this thread

You may want to click here, and then click the "Search Now" button near the bottom of the page. That will bring up a list of threads which might have some content that will help you. And if you still have questions, you may find that one of those threads is more appropriate.

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_