Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Solo Cruisers

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Solo Cruisers Do you leave your cares -- and everyone -- behind when you cruise?
Don't Miss Cruise Critic's Best Cruises for Solo Travelers and Cruise Welcome Mat for Solo Cruisers

Old April 11th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Cool Cruiser

Going solo, and not, lol. I am traveling with several other couples, however, my husband and I are in the process of a divorce so I will be in a cabin alone, the kids are sitting this one out. Hoping not to feel like a third wheel, but I love cruising. I am a 42 year old mother of two and this will be my first vacation without a family member ever.

Freedom Of The Seas 10/09
Carnival Paradise 7/06
Carnival Splendor 9/12
Disney Dream, 10/2013

Old April 11th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

any other solo cruisers on the breakaway september 14?
carnival dream2010
rccl adventure 2009
carnival liberty 2007
carnival splendor 2007
carnival destiny 2005
rccl radiance 2004
rccl explorer 2003

Last edited by kcool; April 11th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Old April 11th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'll be looking for solos to try out the speciality restaurants on the NCL Getaway tomorrow evening!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app
2-13-13 RCCL Adventure of the Seas
2-13 NCL Epic
2-12 NCL Epic
7-28-12 serenade of the Seas dream Med 12 day cruise
4-18-11 Majesty of the Seas
4-12 Princess
4-13-09 Majesty of the Seas
4-21-08 Majesty of the Seas
3-31-07 Radiance of the Seas
4-8-06 Jewel of the Seas
4-12-03 Radiance of the Seas
4-12-03 Radiance of the Seas
2-02 Carnival Paradise (billed a no smoking ship!)

Old April 12th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Prisendam, July 13-27, 2014 and Star Princess, Feb. 27, 2015

My first solo cruises.
I've sailed 30+ times w/late DH and later w/friends, but now I'm on my own -- can't wait!

60+

My past: NCL (1967); Sitmar ('74, '78, '79, '81, '82, '86); Commodore ('75); RCCL ('80, '83, '99); KD on the Rhine ('83); American Hawaii ('85, '87); Celebrity ('98); Premier ('99); American West (2000);
Princess (Dawn x3, Crown x3, Grand x3, old Royal x2, Diamond, Ruby, Emerald)

Old April 14th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGangMom View Post
Going solo, and not, lol. I am traveling with several other couples, however, my husband and I are in the process of a divorce so I will be in a cabin alone, the kids are sitting this one out. Hoping not to feel like a third wheel, but I love cruising. I am a 42 year old mother of two and this will be my first vacation without a family member ever.
Laura, be sure to take LOTS of time to just be by yourself. Trust me, it'll be worth it. You'll be able to recharge your batteries and unwind/destress. Enjoy having the bed and bathroom all to yourself!

Maggie

Cruising since 1989!

Old April 14th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile YoungGangMom

Hi Laura, I went solo last December on a b2b & it was great. I've been divorced for about 12 years now & my son just turned 21. The split was difficult at first, but things work out in the end. Hopefully your divorce is amicable? As tough as it may be remember to let your kids know that you both still love them & that will never change. Gerry

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull7 View Post
Laura, be sure to take LOTS of time to just be by yourself. Trust me, it'll be worth it. You'll be able to recharge your batteries and unwind/destress. Enjoy having the bed and bathroom all to yourself!

Maggie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog1 View Post
Hi Laura, I went solo last December on a b2b & it was great. I've been divorced for about 12 years now & my son just turned 21. The split was difficult at first, but things work out in the end. Hopefully your divorce is amicable? As tough as it may be remember to let your kids know that you both still love them & that will never change. Gerry
Thanks for the support and advice. I am very excited!

Freedom Of The Seas 10/09
Carnival Paradise 7/06
Carnival Splendor 9/12
Disney Dream, 10/2013

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

I just signed up for another b2b solo for later this year. Royal Caribbean Nov 1st transatlantic from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale & then a Holland America 7 day Western Caribbean. I started a website on cruising, but don't think I can post it on here? Gerry

Old April 14th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm going solo on the 10-night Palm Trees and Pink Sand Cruise on RCI Vision of the Seas, June 9-19, 2014, leaving from Fort Lauderdale. I am actually looking forward to treating myself to a much-needed break.

Old April 15th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

That should be a lot of fun. Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line to go on. The crews are really friendly & want everyone to enjoy themselves. Be sure to go to the main dining room for dinner because they always have something special. The Windjammer is also a great place for breakfast & lunch. Many times the main dining room will have some specials for breakfast, as well, so check the Cruise Compass or ask your waiter at dinner. I usually do the my time dining & once I find a good waiter & asst. waiter I ask to always be seated in their section. Meeting other people is pretty easy as a solo & I've made a lot of friends that way & we keep in touch through e-mail. Okay, so I've rambled on, but I get excited when I hear about someone going on a cruise; solo or not. Have a great time! Gerry

Old April 15th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Singles Interested in Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysoncruiser View Post
Hi everyone. I am looking to find some solo cruising buddies myself. I love cruising and want to get back into the groove of it all. I am 30years old this month and really enjoy life and meeting new people. If any of you are like me and want to travel and see the world, I would love to connect and maybe we could become cruising buddies someday. Happy cruising to everyone.!!

BTW- I am trying to plan a summer cruise to the Caribbean and another one to western Caribbean next March. I can do as many as God will let me in between time as well.
You might like to view my profile where you'll find a link to my blog board. There are always people looking to travel on the same cruises with other solo/single cruisers. There are Tips & Tricks as well as examples of budget cruise costs too.

NO, I dont sell travel or anything. Cruising is just a great love and finding good cruise deals is a favorite pasttime. I also love organizing extra activities on cruises I go on ....like Cabin Crawls, MeetnGreets and Slot Pulls for example.

I am leaving in a few days to go on a 5-night Carnival cruise out of Jacksonville. Cant wait. Carnival Cruiselines is the best for singles socializing IMO... and not just for the younger crowd either.

EMAIL: dec714Silhouette@outlook.com

"Love to share a good thing"

Last edited by scubagirl43; April 15th, 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: addition

Old April 15th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog1 View Post
That should be a lot of fun. Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line to go on. The crews are really friendly & want everyone to enjoy themselves. Be sure to go to the main dining room for dinner because they always have something special... Gerry
Thanks Gerry. I heard that the buffets on cruise ships usually always have whatever they serve in the main dining rooms; that was the case on Princess (that cruise was some time ago). The specialty restaurants are a different story, however.

Old April 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Solo Cruise on the Crown Princess

Cruising in 8 days
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gtvsolocruiser.jpg (15.5 KB, 20 views)
Next Cruise... .......Veendam 11-8-14..... Past Cruises - 27 dam ships , 21 fun ships , 17 RCCL ships , 7 Celebrity ships , 4 NCL ships , 10 Princess Ships ,Azure Seas , Viking Princess , Regent Sun , Ocean Breeze.......663 Days at Sea

Old April 17th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Cool Cruiser

I will be on the Breakaway 10/19

- Don't have the date yet but since Anthem will be going from NJ end of 2015 I willl be trying that as I have not been on RCCL in 20 years.

Old April 20th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Another Cruise Next Month

Aboard the Carnival Glory 5/24/14 sailing the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya). Like my recent Sunshine cruise, this cruise was part of the zero single supplement promotion.

Next Cruise: Hawaii, Kiribati, & French Polynesia, a one-month long South Pacific adventure!

Future Cruises:
To be determined...

Old April 20th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

April 24th on the Carnival Paradise will be first solo cruise. I booked a suite and ready to party. I work a job, run a business, & am a daddy so this is my chance to escape for a few days.

Old April 21st, 2014, 12:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

I just returned from an 11-night solo cruise on the Carnival Sunshine repositioning from New Orleans to Port Canaveral. This was my first cruise without family or friends, and it was as enjoyable — and in some cases, more so — than my previous cruises. I was seated at a table for dinner with other solo passengers and made some great friends. I never felt lonely, although I did take some "alone" time to refresh and recharge from time to time throughout the cruise. All in all, a great experience. I completely anticipate another solo cruise in my future.

That ship has sailed ...
  • 01/07/2008: Carnival Fantasy, 5-day W. Caribbean
  • 12/03/2009: Carnival Triumph, 4-day W. Caribbean
  • 12/02/2010: Carnival Triumph, 4-day W. Caribbean
  • 09/08/2013: Carnival Conquest, 7-day W. Caribbean
  • 04/06/2014: Carnival Sunshine, 11-day S. Caribbean

Upcoming ...
  • 12/08/2014: Carnival Elation, 5-day W. Caribbean
  • 05/03/2015: Carnival Dream, 7-day E. Caribbean
  • 01/16/2016: Carnival Triumph, 11-day S. Caribbean

Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
    Cool Cruiser

I hoped to go sooner, but unfortunately wasn't able to. I decided to go October 10, 2015 on NCL Gem 10 day Southern Caribbean. This will give me more time to pay and save up spending money. I've only been on one cruise before, Carnival Splendor 8 day Southern Caribbean, and that was with a large group. I'm looking forward to doing what I want, when I want. I'll be officially booking sometime next month when my shares check from work comes in. I can't wait!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

Past Cruises
    Carnival Splendor - Eastern Caribbean - 9/22/13

Future Cruises
    NCL Breakaway - Bermuda - 9/7/14

Old April 23rd, 2014, 11:12 PM
    Cool Cruiser

Default Carnival Freedom June 1

Took advantage of Carnivals no supplement for solos. this will be my first solo on a cruise ship (I did do a 7 day catamaran trip solo back in October). I am excited.

Any one else traveling solo on the Freedom?

Carnival Pride - November 2, 2012
    Carnival Dream - March 24, 2012
    Carnival Fascination - September 3, 2011
    RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - January 8, 2011
    Celebrity Millennium - June 11, 2010
    RCCL Navigator of the Seas - January 7, 2010
    Carnival Liberty - May 16, 2009
    HAL msEurodam - November 29, 2008

Old April 24th, 2014, 08:33 AM
    Cool Cruiser

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot cruiser View Post
    Took advantage of Carnivals no supplement for solos. this will be my first solo on a cruise ship (I did do a 7 day catamaran trip solo back in October). I am excited.

Any one else traveling solo on the Freedom?

Mel, I'm traveling solo on the Freedom's May 10th cruise. Counting down the days!!

Maggie

Cruising since 1989!