Equionx: Drydock in Spring 2014?

XFans

A person on one of my Roll Calls has just returned on the Equinox. She said that the Silk Harvest is going to be changed into an English Pub. We are sailing on 4th April on the Equinox so will find out more then.

Just off the Equinox and the head sous chef (supervisor of all three specialty restaurants) said they were going to convert Cellar Masters into a Pub on April 10 dry dock. No mention of Silk Harvest.

So next month....someone who is sailing can check.....both places

being changed?:eek: Only Cellar Masters? Only Silk Harvest?

Neither place?;)........

I wonder if someone got the venues mixed up:p

Neither place?;)........

I would think that the supervisor of Silk Harvest would know what is going on in Silk Harvest. And yes Lois R someone got the venues mixed up. It might even have been me he had just served a us a five course filet mignon lunch and three glasses of wine :).

Neither place?;)........

Hi Lois:

There was a post last week from the Celebrity Cruises poster who works for the company and they said there are no plans to move Cellar Masters. She is only going in for a week so doubt anything major will change, appears to be a drydock to maintain those things that can't be done while in the water.

Edited by dkjretired

I noticed that Celebrity is converting all their spas to Canyon Ranch Spas, and the Equinox's roll out date for the new Canyon Ranch spa is . . April 14. I'm guessing this is one of the areas they'll be remodeling in dry dock.

We are sailing her on May 29, and I can't WAIT!

Good news about the spa...prefer Canyon ranch and its products to the old ones...Hope to spend some time there on our Nov cruise..

guess there's all sorts of info flowing about Equinox.....one thing we saw posted on our roll call was that Cellar masters would become the pub which is a great idea..esp. if they can get a piano bar in it too! and Silk harvest would rotate with diff cuisines during each cruise.

Hate to see Silk harvest go but if it must, anything other than Q-sine wiold be Ok for us.

Won't be long now before we find out what's coming and going?

I M H O ....Silk Harvest will become Q-Zine . This would not be a hugely massive renovation as the fundamental structure & wiring of the venue are already ''restaurant venue''- designed.

It can de done during drydock......if the usual '' manoeuvering'' takes place== during the T.A.,close off Silk Harvest 3-4 days accross, start the work.....continue during the yard visit...and finish it off during the first post-drydock sailing with Q-Zine ''realistically in operation by the second post-drydock voyage.

A pretty standard modus operandi by cruise lines when effecting these types of ''modifications''.

In my opinion

This is a copy of the Equinox 2014 Sailings. I picked this up while on the Reflection last week. Dry Dock in Malaga, Spain April 27 - May 19.

We will know on May 20th what was done.

Yet there remains an active roll call for the May 8th sail date...???

Yet there remains an active roll call for the May 8th sail date...???

DW and I are on the May 8th cruise and have not heard anything, must be a misprint........at least I hope it is a misprint:)

DW and I are on the May 8th cruise and have not heard anything, must be a misprint........at least I hope it is a misprint:)

The brochure they picked up on the Reflection is a year old. They shortened Equinox's dry dock last spring and added the May 8th trip. I wouldn't worry!

Hi Airbalancer,

Everything I'm hearing, suggests that the HGS show will remain on Solstice, Equinox & Eclipse for the forseeable future. I recently asked a contact at Corning, and they felt confident the HGS would remain. This is unconfirmed by Celebrity.

Even if Celebrity wanted to remove the HGS ? My guess is, it would be very extensive refit work. Of course, we can never say never, but I think it's unlikely.

This came up on an earlier thread, and a rep from Celebrity commented that the Glass Show was not going anywhere. With this being a short stay, it wouldn't be possible anyway.

Its punny to say this, but reaction to the show seems to run hot and cold. We really like it, and have booked this cruise for next Christmas (at an obnoxious premium) partly because the show is there. Missed it on Sillhouette.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like my husband is off to work on this one :)

Thanks Amy. I always enjoy your updates on Cruise Critic. I remember the Carnival Sunshine and the Navigator of the Seas updates. Very nice of you and Dave to keep everyone on here updated with the changes. I will be onboard this ship on the third sailing after the dry dock.:)

Edited by cruisingator2

He came back last week from the Adventure of the Seas as well.....he's, err, getting around so to speak!!!

He's a very busy man.:) I will be interested to know what or if any changes on board are going to be made other than the routine cleaning.

Edited by cruisingator2

He came back last week from the Adventure of the Seas as well.....he's, err, getting around so to speak!!!

is Queenie ending up in that same yard in Spain that Connie went to 3 years ago ? With a disembark in Malaga and resuming sailings ex Barcelona,would make sense...

Cheers

A person on one of my Roll Calls has just returned on the Equinox. She said that the Silk Harvest is going to be changed into an English Pub. We are sailing on 4th April on the Equinox so will find out more then.

I am on the 5/20 sailing and I can still book Silk Harvest. It is possible that they will say "Surprise" when we get on the ship and Silk Harvest be gone, but it seems unlikely that they would keep taking reservations for a restaurant that won't be there.

You are home, did you find out anything different?

It has been widely reported that it is Cellar Masters that is going English, along with adding the craft beers from Michaels.

We dont want 'smoosh' to have a rude arrival now do we!:D

I am on the 5/20 sailing and I can still book Silk Harvest. It is possible that they will say "Surprise" when we get on the ship and Silk Harvest be gone, but it seems unlikely that they would keep taking reservations for a restaurant that won't be there.

From 4cats4me thread posted today (on tapatalk and can't post link):

"It came to our attention on day 2 that Cellar Master's would be converted to an Irish pub during dry dock."

Edited by Pushka

From 4cats4me thread posted today (on tapatalk and can't post link):

"It came to our attention on day 2 that Cellar Master's would be converted to an Irish pub during dry dock."

Correct, Cellar Masters is being converted, not Silk Harvest as the comment I quoted, stated. And the 2nd member expressed concern with.

Edited by wallie5446

• 2 weeks later...

We got off Equinox on 4/14, the last Caribbean cruise. She sailed to Europe and will be in dry dock for 11 days.

Cellar Masters is definitely a goner! Irish/Pub type and they say with TV's! Not what I would expect from Celebrity.

Anyway, Michaels is now the "Suite" private lounge and was never, never used on our cruise. What a waste. Back to the class separations.

Rumors abound. Glass show to be a large movie screen on deck 15! Again, no way on Celebrity. What a waste. They could use a Lawn Club Grille. Silk Harvest was the best specialty restaurant and, in my humble opinion, they could do away with Qsine and put one on every ship.

Another rumor, a new bar on deck 5, don't know where, and that "separate dining room" for suites.

Lots of changes and, so far, only on Equinox to see how it goes.

Personally, and again, only my PERSONAL opinion, keep the ships the way they were. Everyone eats wherever and get rid of that stupid lounge for suites. If I had a suite you can bet your last nickel that I'd be utilizing it!

So, let's see how she looks after her 11 day "makeover". More like RCI????

Oh, and the best "rumor" was that the new RCI ships are being built to resemble Celebrity's "S" class with no main dining room. Let's see how that comes to pass!

Pat C