Soda prices WITHOUT buying a package?

EasyBreezy83

Wondering if anyone knows the prices PER soda if we just wanted to get one here and there? I was looking at the drink packages, and for my party of 3 it will be about $80 in SODA! Not really wanting to spend that kind of money on soda alone when I would be just fine drinking the complementary drinks for most of the time. Just wondering...

Thanks!

You can also buy from Bon voyage before and I think its a little cheaper than the $2 a can.it would be delivered to your cabin before the cruise. Best bet is to bring on your own.

this is correct $10 a six pack

• 5 weeks later...

My wife and I are looking at going on our first Carnival cruise next year. We have always cruised on RCCL. The question I have is do they have an all you can drink soda package? We are looking at cruising on the Carnival Liberty.

On Royal, you get a souvenir cup that you can get filled at any bar or on some ships the freestyle machine.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. :)

I was afraid that was the answer. Carrying around 24 cans of Diet Coke until the room is ready sounds like a pain in the behind.

Last year we put our water and soda in our carry on, and our wine in a back pack. The pull up handle and wheels on the carry on made it much easier to tote it all around.

Our last two cruise we purchased a setup of two bottles, some Coke, cranberry and orange juice from Bon Voyage, which prevented us from going overboard on the adult beverages and soda. We tend to drink more of the complimentary drinks onboard, along with buying a few large bottles of water. When we drive to the port, we pick up a few packs of water and Coke to take onboard.

My wife and I are looking at going on our first Carnival cruise next year. We have always cruised on RCCL. The question I have is do they have an all you can drink soda package? We are looking at cruising on the Carnival Liberty.

On Royal, you get a souvenir cup that you can get filled at any bar or on some ships the freestyle machine.

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. :)

Carnival has its "Bottomless Bubbles" package but it isn't done as well as RCCL does theirs. Carnival does NOT include a souvenir cup (available separately for $5) and there are no soda machines, Freestyle or otherwise; sodas must be obtained from bars or in restaurants, usually (but not always) from warm cans over ice.

If you pre-purchase the soda program, RCCL embosses your sailing card with a drinks symbol which can't come off. Carnival applies a sticker for Bottomless Bubbles, which could.

I think RCCL's daily price is less than Carnival's, too. I'll be finding out in January...I hope. (Full charter might not 'allow' soda program sales.)

I was afraid that was the answer. Carrying around 24 cans of Diet Coke until the room is ready sounds like a pain in the behind.

Another good reason to book FttF. :D

Carnival has its "Bottomless Bubbles" package but it isn't done as well as RCCL does theirs. Carnival does NOT include a souvenir cup (available separately for $5) and there are no soda machines, Freestyle or otherwise; sodas must be obtained from bars or in restaurants, usually (but not always) from warm cans over ice.

If you pre-purchase the soda program, RCCL embosses your sailing card with a drinks symbol which can't come off. Carnival applies a sticker for Bottomless Bubbles, which could.

I think RCCL's daily price is less than Carnival's, too. I'll be finding out in January...I hope. (Full charter might not 'allow' soda program sales.)

Another good reason to book FttF. :D

I bought the soda card for our upcoming cruise in November and RCI charged me $48.30 total

Bill

I bought the soda card for our upcoming cruise in November and RCI charged me $48.30 total

Bill

so $6 a day + 15% gratuity, same as Carnival, except the cup is free and RCI have the freestyle soda machines.

If the reason to buy FTTF is to put your load of sodas and water in the cabin you might as well just buy them at regular price. $50 can buy a LOT of Cokes. We always take a 12 pack of Cokes and 12 bottles of water in 2 carry-ons which are actually roll-ons. I don't care about pulling it around for a couple hours until the cabin is ready. We usually just find a spot on deck and have a drink or two in the sunshine. To me FTTF is not worth it. I am NOT ready to unpack as soon as I get on the ship. But to each his own.

Edited by Boozebabe

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but FTTF incurs a one time fee of $50 per cabin. It entitles the people in the cabin to VIP boarding, access to your cabin when you get on the ship, luggage will be waiting when you arrive at your cabin and priority tender access. I think thats about it. Hope I got it right. I have never purchased FTTF and probably wont ever. My cabin not being ready when I board is no big deal. Theres so much to do while we wait. We always get to the port early and have fun talking with other cruisers while we wait the hour or so and we are never in a hurry to board tenders anyway. It would be a waste of money for us.